Minnesota baseball coach wants B1G to break away from NCAA

Nexus

The B1G needs to take a good long hard look at getting their programs on the +$ side. I think it can be done, but maybe its because I'm Nebraskan and I'm bias, and I'm a huge college baseball fan. There is a model that can be used to get these programs relevant again. You guys have hit it. Obviously the scholly restrictions need changed. ITS BROKEN.... FIX IT! Hopefully the surge of the sea of red will help change Delanys mind! Maybe he has never been to a CWS. DE, send him an invitation NOW!

Let's let Coach Erstad get the kids to Omaha before we start sending invites. :)

But wouldn't it be funny if, while Minnesota bitches and moans, Erstad takes Nebraska deep into the tourney...or even to Omaha. That would completely invalidate the points the Minnesota coach made, yes?

I was meaning just send him an invite weather we get there or not so he can experience "The Experience"

Ahh, I see. That's well and good, but something tells me Delaney just isn't a "baseball man".

While on the subject, Purdue's coach with the idea to have a short season in the fall is just slightly less stupid. I think the season could be moved back a month, and extended into August without any problem. That would help the northern schools.

The only draw back to NU's move to the Big10, baseball. They just don't get it.

While on the subject, Purdue's coach with the idea to have a short season in the fall is just slightly less stupid. I think the season could be moved back a month, and extended into August without any problem. That would help the northern schools. The only draw back to NU's move to the Big10, baseball. They just don't get it.

The problem with extend the season is that will push even more players that get drafted to the pros out of HS rather than college.

There is a rookie season for draftees that begins in June. A later season would hinder the talent that does go to college at the next level, leading to less talented product as a whole.

Wow Anderson doesn't deserve to be the winning-est coach of anything. You want to break away from the ncaa and do your own thing? wow that may be the dumbest thing ive heard today. admitting defeat and being okay with it.

What's worse is that the Big 10 offices didn't dismiss it out-of-hand--they actually said it's a possible action should all other avenues be exhausted.