Fighting Erstads Score 4 in the Bottom of the 9th to win against New Mexico State!

Not great that we had to come back against an incredibly mediocre team like New Mexico State, but it's become pretty obvious that we are in fact, a pretty mediocre team. That still might be enough to win the Big Ten.

New Mexico State scored 4 in the top of the 2nd and lead 4-2 heading into the 9th inning.

Sanguinetti hit a two run walk off home run to win it.

Keller had an awful start, allowing 4 hits, 2 walks and four runs in 1.1 innings but the pen allowed three hits and three walks the rest of the way.

• Fire 1

Whether you want to admit it or not that was a huge win for the Huskers today. New Mexico State's starting pitcher Beck has only allowed 3 runs and had 20 strikeouts in 15 innings and not to mention New Mexico State was 8-4 before this loss.

Whether you want to admit it or not that was a huge win for the Huskers today. New Mexico State's starting pitcher Beck has only allowed 3 runs and had 20 strikeouts in 15 innings and not to mention New Mexico State was 8-4 before this loss.

I don't think anyone is doubting that it was a big win, in the fashion that it came. However, if we would have won 6-4 having been up most of the game, it wouldnt be nearly as big as it was the way it happened. New Mexico St is going to compete for their conference title, no doubt about it. That doesn't mean in the grand scheme of college baseball that they aren't mediocre either though.

New Mexico State is a mediocre baseball team however you want to slice it. It was a nice win, but let's stop short of calling it "huge"

New Mexico State is a mediocre baseball team however you want to slice it. It was a nice win, but let's stop short of calling it "huge"

I would hope he is referring to it being huge in the regards of how the victory was achieved in comeback fashion. Huge as is great for the teams psych. Huge as far as the opponent.....not so much.

Mediocre will not beat Purdue.

Completely agree, but I would hope this team is trending upward and by the time will be better than mediocre. The start to this season - for me anyway - has been a reminder that this team does need some serious work after the way the last few years have gone. However, they have shown flashes and there is GOOD ENOUGH talent to compete for a B1G title so long as they continue to improve... which it looks like they are doing.

I don't know how others feel, but what excites me most is the contribution NU is getting from some of these new guys. It's pretty obvious Erstad and staff do know talent and will be able to get some kids to come here.