OG Scott Quessenberry [UCLA Commit]

Nexus

Top 3 of Nebraska, Washington, Cal

On May 28th his top 4 were: Washington, Nebraska, San Diego St, and UCLA. Why?

Washington - good relationship with coaches.

Nebraska - good relationship with coaches, Big 10 football = best offensive linemen.

San Diego St - hometown team, loves San Diego, good relationship with coaches.

UCLA - good relationship with coaches, incredible facilities.

On July 6th his top 3 are: Washington, Nebraska, Cal... with Arkansas, SMU, San Diego St, and UCLA not far behind.

Cal - loves facilities (particularly stadium and weight room), loves the Bay Area, close to home.

My take? I see a re-occuring theme of "close to home"... Cal, San Diego State, UCLA... all close to home and one of the reasons he likes them is because they are close to home. Washington is familiarity for him (Pac12) and is still relatively close to home. Arkansas is only in his list because he wants to see an SEC gameday environment with one of his officials... they aren't real contenders to land him, SMU will fall off shortly for a number of reasons. Nebraska has a shot at this kid but the fact that he keeps talking about close to home makes me wonder if he won't be one of the 90%+ of recruits that stay within 6hrs of home for school.

One thing that did interest me though is this... everything he has really liked about some of the big schools close to home do not even begin to compare with what Nebraska has.

Weight Room - Cal's new Athlete High Performance Center is impressive... Cal now has a players lounge, new locker room, very large weight room, training table, refueling station, etc. just like Nebraska does... but Cal doesn't have 5 National Championship trophies, dozens and dozens of BCS orange bowl, fiesta bowl, sugar bowl, trophies. Cal doesn't have an academic learning center/ life skills center that compares with ours nor do they have a performance lab that tests the brain and equips players to learn as fast as they can based on how their individual brain works. Cal doesn't have an indoor practice facility that stacks up to ours, and they don't have eliteFORM like Nebraska does.

We can blow Cal away on several several levels.

Stadium - Cal's seats about 75,000 people... yes it's being rennovated, but once done still won't be the size or glitz that NU's is. NU's will seat 93,000 people and will have 5 HD screens and 3 60-yd ribbon boards.

• Fire 1

yes but weve been in his top 3 the whole time without even visiting. And the commitment of Stanton is probably going to open some eyes out on the west coast. Based on his quotes from what he likes about other schools, hes going to love NU. Washington and their Ace recruiting staff is going to be tough thou.

Quessenberry was just invited to the Under-Armor game after his impressive playing at "The Opening." He's gonna start turning a lot more heads. Hopefully none of the bigger west coast schools take notice of him. Good for him though. Would be quite the catch.

Three schools stand out for Scott Quessenberry

By Greg Biggins, National Recruiting Analyst, Date: Jul 11, 2012

La Costa Canyon (Calif.) offensive lineman Scott Quessenberry was one of the surprise performers at The Opening over the weekend while working out at a new position.

LINK

Teaser from an insider Scout article today talking about the top three. The top three that you guys have been discussing for about a week now. :lol:

Just remember, Scott had stated a couple of times earlier that he feels the B1G conference would prepare him better for the NFL than the Pac 12. Liked the smash mouth style, vs the more spread look. That is why a few figured this could turn out to be a Wisky/NU battle. The one case of the other two schools that is intruiging is UCLA. To see exactly what kind of look Mora runs on offense could be the biggest key. If he goes pro style like USC under Carrol he is heading there. I like the chances here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I don't understand how Arkansas keeps getting involved with some of the recruits that we are in on. They don't have a solid coaching staff set for the future. I'm sure we are sitting pretty, but between him and Hannon with the hogs...sheesh. I know the sky isn't falling, just really confused what the draw is down south to Arkansas.

I don't understand how Arkansas keeps getting involved with some of the recruits that we are in on. They don't have a solid coaching staff set for the future. I'm sure we are sitting pretty, but between him and Hannon with the hogs...sheesh. I know the sky isn't falling, just really confused what the draw is down south to Arkansas.

of course the sky isnt falling, we have beat them for Siesay and Hannon, they beat us for Tevin Mitchell but they cheated by giving his mom a job at the university, and Petrino later got fired for giving his GF a job at the university, among other things.... ironic.

They finished 3rd or 4th last year i think, and are rated in the top 10 again this year, and they are in the SEC so those are big draws, and its closer to home for a lot of recruits. I havent heard anything about Arkansas being involved with him thou, we will have enough trouble pulling him off the west coast, but again we are in a great spot with him and the visit should set it over the top. Im thinking hes wearing red in the end. He would redshirt and be a 4 year starter at center, imo.

of course the sky isnt falling, we have beat them for Siesay and Hannon, they beat us for Tevin Mitchell but they cheated by giving his mom a job at the university, and Petrino later got fired for giving his GF a job at the university, among other things.... ironic.

They finished 3rd or 4th last year i think, and are rated in the top 10 again this year, and they are in the SEC so those are big draws, and its closer to home for a lot of recruits. I havent heard anything about Arkansas being involved with him thou, we will have enough trouble pulling him off the west coast, but again we are in a great spot with him and the visit should set it over the top. Im thinking hes wearing red in the end. He would redshirt and be a 4 year starter at center, imo.

He has an OV set for Arkansas, and they are in his top 3.

He has an OV set for Arkansas, and they are in his top 3.

hmm hadnt heard that. Last time i saw an interview he was saying NU WASH and CAL hadnt heard that he was going to official Arky. Good info.

I still say hes N, when he is talking about what he wants out of a school he basically describes NU. He likes the idea of playing in the big 10 as well. Think it comes down to us and CAL in the end, unless he gets blown away on another visit. It will come down to whether he wants to be close to home or not. Stanton is going to help tremendously here.