First Spring Practice - 2012

If you can't handle some heat for being silly, then stay out of the conversation. You don't get to start calling people names because your feelings are hurt.

Tell me this, if you are such an expert on QB throws: In this picture, who is Martinez throwing to? You don't even have to tell us the name, just tell us the position. Is it a WR? A TE? A RB? Or is it a coach? Or is he throwing into a barrel?

Why don't some of you guys lay the f#*k off people that don't happen to agree with you. All some of you do is come on here and jump on guys that have differing opinions than your own. Calling people lead heads cause they don't like Taylor. Why? Some of us happen to feel like Taylor is holding this team back from being something better. So what. You don't think that. Good for you. It doesn't f'ing' make you smart, it doesn't make you better and it sure as hell doesn't make those of us that don't like him dumb. In two years, some of us have seen enough. The photos show whatever they show, who knows. It was clearly an attempt at a bit of sarcasm, and poking fun at the same thing I've been poking fun at for two years now. If Skersrule doesn't like him, you jump his ass for expressing it. I say to hell with that crap. This board is supposed to be open to all opinions, but instead it seems you folks try to run off anybody whose opinions ruffle a f'ing' tail feather on your pretty little chicken. I call it childish and pathetic. You types know who you are too.....and some of you are supposedly highly respectable people. I call it petty and whiny.

If you can't handle some heat for being silly, then stay out of the conversation. You don't get to start calling people names because your feelings are hurt.

Tell me this, if you are such an expert on QB throws: In this picture, who is Martinez throwing to? You don't even have to tell us the name, just tell us the position. Is it a WR? A TE? A RB? Or is it a coach? Or is he throwing into a barrel?

Look in the mirror dude. Mr. Holier than thou.

Why don't some of you guys lay the f#*k off people that don't happen to agree with you. All some of you do is come on here and jump on guys that have differing opinions than your own. Calling people lead heads cause they don't like Taylor. Why? Some of us happen to feel like Taylor is holding this team back from being something better. So what. You don't think that. Good for you. It doesn't f'ing' make you smart, it doesn't make you better and it sure as hell doesn't make those of us that don't like him dumb. In two years, some of us have seen enough. The photos show whatever they show, who knows. It was clearly an attempt at a bit of sarcasm, and poking fun at the same thing I've been poking fun at for two years now. If Skersrule doesn't like him, you jump his ass for expressing it. I say to hell with that crap. This board is supposed to be open to all opinions, but instead it seems you folks try to run off anybody whose opinions ruffle a f'ing' tail feather on your pretty little chicken. I call it childish and pathetic. You types know who you are too.....and some of you are supposedly highly respectable people. I call it petty and whiny.

I think you need a hug.

How the hell does that even matter? How does it pertain to the topic at all? Who the guy is he's throwing to? According to the logic stated above, instead of throwing the ball in a catchable spot for the WR or TE, you throw it away from the defender so he can't intercept it. Well, I guess if your goal as a QB is to not get picked off, throw the damn thing out of bounds, which looks like what is depicted in the photo. I guess that guarantees P.J. won't be getting that ball any time soon......of course neither will the WR? LOL......hilarious stuff people.

It doesn't matter who Martinez is throwing to. He could be throwing to a stationary target, a WR running a route, or a martian that just materialized through an intergalatic wormhole. The point is that the football goes to where the throwers eyes are looking. Go out to the back yard or to a park with someone and throw a football. Make throws while looking at the ball coming off of your hand and then make throws where you're looking at the person you're throwing to. You'll see the difference in accuracy immediately. Go watch fundamentally sound QBs throw, you won't see any of them staring at the ball as it leaves their hand regardless of who they're throwing to. There's someone being silly here and it isn't me.

You're doing the same exact thing you're whining about. In this very post.

• Fire 1

I think you need a hug.

Yea, it's always me. Good for you.

It doesn't matter who Martinez is throwing to. He could be throwing to a stationary target, a WR running a route, or a martian that just materialized through an intergalatic wormhole. The point is that the football goes to where the throwers eyes are looking. Go out to the back yard or to a park with someone and throw a football. Make throws while looking at the ball coming off of your hand and then make throws where you're looking at the person you're throwing to. You'll see the difference in accuracy immediately. Go watch fundamentally sound QBs throw, you won't see any of them staring at the ball as it leaves their hand regardless of who they're throwing to. There's someone being silly here and it isn't me.

I'm beginning to think the majority of these people have never touched a football.

It matters quite a bit, True to the Red.......Always. He's throwing the ball in a drill. What is the drill? What is he specifically working on in that drill? Is it supposed to simulate an in-game throw or is it to work on mechanics?

Further, you're looking at two separate pics and claiming they're of the same pass, same passer for that matter, and you have zero idea if that's the case. So you and 'SkersRule come up with these bizarre conclusions based on some pictures that you have no idea what they're of, and while you think it's OK to bemoan the QB, the reality is you don't have the first clue what you're bemoaning. So people poke some fun at you, and you overreact.

PS - to answer your question from yesterday, yes, it appears you did miss something. But I didn't miss anything at all.

What conniption? I made an observation. You're the one who decided to get all pissy about it. Taylor's eyes are on the football not the WR he's throwing to. His mechanics are bad enough as is. I understand Taylor is the #1 QB and he'll be the #1 guy for the next two years. But we're not going to win our division much less the conference or BCS title with him at the QB spot. As long as he's the #1 QB we'll be a mere 9-3 team tops. If I end up being wrong I'll admit it but based on his past two seasons as a starter I'm not expecting anything more than what I've seen thus far. Watch RGIII, Andrew Luck and other top QBs throw and tell me if they are looking at the ball as it leaves their hand. I'm not bashing Taylor I'm making a legitimate observation and if you don't like it then that's your problem not mine.

i have to agree, it looks like he is focused on one of those planes that flies by with a banner......you know, "Eat at Applebee's"......at least he doesn't have his head up his ass!

You're presuming he's throwing to a receiver, which is your first mistake. Likely he's working on the mechanics of his throwing, which Beck alluded to in Tuesday's presser. But instead of remembering that you make some conclusion and then go ranting about 9-3 seasons. You are being silly. And you're overreacting to a joke posted about it.

I'm beginning to think the majority of these people have never touched a football.

Hey now, lay off the people who don't agree with you. I remember someone suggesting that at one point, but I don't remember who.

• Fire 2