Next Coach?

Assuming BC is let go after the year, whom should we pursue to take over?

Here are a few names I came up with, mainly coaches who possibly are looking to upgrade yet have shown they can succeed:

Dirk Koetter - AZ St. He's had powerful offenses and is always competitive in the Pac 10

Mike Price - UTEP. As a Washington native, I am very familiar with Price, from his days at Washington State. He can coach offense VERY well. Further, he's a good man who would do well recruiting.

Rich Rodriguez - WVA. I've always wondered how this guy could always have good teams at a place like WVA. Then it dawned on me: The guy can coach.

Bobby Petrino - Louisville. Don't laugh. This guy has made clear that he'll entertain any offer. I know he signed a multi-year deal last year, but we could at least ask to talk with him. He can definately coach offense.

Gary Patterson - TCU. I like the idea of having a coach who knows how to beat OU.

Scott Linehan - Off. Coordinator, Miami. Ask Daunte Culpepper if he can coach.

Gregg Robinson - Def. Coordinator, Washington Redskins. THIS is a guy who will make the Blackshirts formidable again...

Feel free to disagree or add more names.

I'd like to see somebody with a personality similar to Tom O....someone with his calmness under pressure. Someone who is a good role model for the players and fans (obviously someone who will not make gestures that can be taken as a threat ie. throat slash). I always will remember hearing how when TO walked into the room, you knew he was in the room and that he had everyone's 100% attention.

With all that being said I don't know who that would be.....there aren't too many Tom Osbourne's in the world.

However, the real problem I believe is with our althetic director........

Not one of those guys would want this job if we fired a coach after 2 seasons. You people just have to be patient. Every school has gone through this. Notre Dame was bad, USC was bad, OU was bad. Please just be patient and let these guys get players in here to do the job. We have to reestablish depth and our skill positions.

YEAH I AGREE THAT EVERYONE NEEDS TO CALM DOWN A LITTLE BIT WE CAN'T JUST FIRE CALLAHAN! IF WE DO THAT THE RECRUITING WILL BE SCREWED UP FOR A COUPLE OF MORE YEARS WE HAVE TO TAKE THE TIME TO LET THIS OFFENSE COME AROUND AND GET SOME OF THE RECRUITS A FEW YEARS. I REALIZE THAT WE HAVE A WINNING TRADITION AT NEBRASKA LIKE NO ONE ELSE BUT WE WILL NOT GET THAT WINNING TRADITION BACK BY GOING THROUGH COACHES LIKE THEY ARE WATER. YOU CAN'T GO FROM A PRIMARY RUNNING OFFENSE (OPTION) TO THE COMPLICATED WEST COAST OFFENSE OVER NIGHT!!! IT TAKES SOME TIME TO GET SOME GOOD RECEIVERS IN THERE AND A THROWING QUARTERBACK. HOWEVER I WILL SAY ZAC TAYLOR IS A TOUGH KID AND HE JUST NEEDS TO GET SOME TIME TO THROW THE BALL AND THE O-LINE ISN'T LETTING THAT HAPPEN. SO JUST SUPPORT THE HUSKERS AND TRY TO STICK IT OUT EVERYONE HAS SOME HARD TIMES. :bang

I would like to see Craig Bohl as our next HC. I think he got a raw deal and was fired by Solich for Solich's shortcomings. After being blown out by Colorado, Bohl proved it wasn't him that was the problem and it was Solich.

We need to rectify the situation and hire him back. Under him, we only lost 4 games in 2 seasons.

:rollin

This is no longer a dream job. It was 2 yrs ago, but now it's ...I don't know what to call it. In another thread I said give Billy another year cause I'm not sure the fans can endure another job search by Pederson. If I had to pick, I would take former OU coach Gary Gibbs. He won 7-8 games with no talent.

KU doesn't have more talent than NU. This team is regressing. Remember when NU beat ISU? Seems like eons ago.

OU started all of those freshmen and sophomores and beat NU like a drum (don't let the score fool you). Cally had a decent class his first year, and the #1 class last year. Why is OU better than NU if NU has as much or more talent? Yes, depth is a concern, but they overwhelmed NU's first team.

Sure, I am spoiled. But losing because of poor fundamentals (OL and Tackling), lack of effort, and poor scheming (MU and every defensive first series) is not acceptable. Losing isn't the issue. Poor play is.

Having said that, I feel firing Callahan would be a disaster for NU football. Absolutely NOONE would wan the job then. Fire a 75% winning coach, then a guy after only 2 years. Callahan had damn well better win the North next year.

If he were fired, my pick would be Joe Glenn.