So Manning's a Bronco...now what?

Foppa

I love this. last season people said that Tebow was not the reason the donkeys were winning and the donkey fans argued that Tebow is the man upstairs and that is why they are winning! Now Tebow is not an NFL qb according to donkey fans and they are heading to the SB with Peyton Manning and his bum neck. The donkeys just blew tons of money on an old broken qb while missing out on good free agents while the other teams in the AFC west bettered their whole teams rather than one position.

I for one cant wait for Peyton to be reintroduced to Hali and Dorsey.

Except the other teams haven't bettered themselves that much anyways.

Denver has way too many holes to just focus on a qb. i wouldnt be surprised to see them end up 3rd in the west imo.

I love this. last season people said that Tebow was not the reason the donkeys were winning and the donkey fans argued that Tebow is the man upstairs and that is why they are winning! Now Tebow is not an NFL qb according to donkey fans and they are heading to the SB with Peyton Manning and his bum neck. The donkeys just blew tons of money on an old broken qb while missing out on good free agents while the other teams in the AFC west bettered their whole teams rather than one position.

Denver has way too many holes to just focus on a qb. i wouldnt be surprised to see them end up 3rd in the west imo.

Yeah, but I could see any of these teams winning the division, or finishing last. I have a feeling the divisional race will be similar to last year.

The only way this is a remote possibility is if Peyton's neck explodes. If they can win it with one of the worst QBs in the league, they can win it with Peyton Manning.

The last thing they need is 25,000 fans chanting "Tebow Tebow" the first time Peyton throws an INT.

This would never happen with Manning. Orton and Brady are crappy qb's who weren't much better than Tebow and experience was the only factor Orton ever started last year. Even with 3 surgeries Manning will be head and shoulders above the rest of the qb's that pulling him will never be a thought to cross Foxs's mind.

I agree that pulling Manning would/should not ever cross Fox's mind BUT there is a certain faction of Broncos fans who are not pleased at all that Manning is coming to Denver. I can guarantee that those chants would be heard at Mile High after sufficient offensive struggle. I don't get it at all but there is that element. Orton was certainly no outstanding talent but I feel he was far from their biggest problem. He wouldn't win you a game but he wouldn't lose ya one either. The Broncos had ten other guys on the field that could take care of that with or without Orton's input. That didn't stop the fans from chanting Tebow when it was obvious Orton wasn't fully to blame. Some people are so in love with Tebow that you could genetically engineer a composite of Johnny U, Joe Montana, John Elway, Dan Marino, Peyton Manning, and every other top QB to ever play the game, and the idiots in Denver would still chant Tebow. The big question in my mind is; what are the Broncos going to do with their O line to protect Manning at the level he was accustomed to in Indy? If I recall, he seemed to get more than a little perturbed when his protection would break down. It will be interesting to see what other changes they make and how much impact one very good QB has on an otherwise mediocre team.

the Broncos were 1-4 and coming off a bye when Tebow was installed as qb. I really don't like Tebow that much but he could win you games and that is what you need at qb. If Tebow leaves Denver he will never be a qb anywhere else. He would have to switch positions. Manning is a big risk cause you really don't know what you are getting until he starts getting hit. I can see why fans don't like it that they are trying to get rid of Tebow. He basically got you into the playoffs which Orton would have never done if not replaced. They certainly wouldn't have been an 8-8 team without Tebow.

I disagree with some of this. Tebow will be a QB somewhere again. I'd like it to be as Mannings backup but it won't be. Tebow's work ethic, attitude, and desire will assure that he plays QB somewhere again. I don't think Manning is a "big" risk. He's got a career of impressive stats that tell the story of what they are getting. And, with a $95M 5 year deal comes about 100 doctors crawling into every orifice of his body. The Broncos aren't doing this deal without checking him out very well. He may very well get a career ender any day but that also goes for every other guy that plays on Sundays. Tebow's attitude, a handful of drive saving plays, and some renewed belief by his fellow players, particularly the defense, coupled with major meltdowns by many of their opponents got them into the playoffs. I agree they wouldn't have been an 8-8 team or made the playoffs without Tebow but with somebody like Manning, I assume they will do much better than 8-8 and will have a much better chance to survive in the playoffs much longer. I love Tebow but anybody that knows anything about football should be able to clearly see that Manning>Tebow. I'm not saying Broncos fans or Tebow fans are idiots. I'm saying the fans that would rather have Tebow than Manning are idiots or have reasons that have nothing to do with football.

Tebow is going to need a major overhaul on passing. Below 50% isn't going to cut it in the NFL. There aren't that many good qb's to learn from. Peyton is one of the best pure passers in the league and apart from Brady, he would be the best to sit behind and learn. Peyton doesn't have much time left to play at a high level. The Broncos becoming a running team would only work for 1 season before the other teams started exposing it next year.

Well I do have to give ya props husker b-rent, not too many would be brave enough to admit they're a Chiefs fan in a public forum and then have the gall to question how bad a decision it is to go with Peyton Manning. Who are the QB's for those other AFC West teams? It really isn't fair is it? If I was a Chiefs fan I'd be hating on the Broncos too. Don't get too down, there's always the outside chance the league will expand the playoffs and then you might get a wildcard or something.

Well I do have to give ya props husker b-rent, not too many would be brave enough to admit they're a Chiefs fan in a public forum and then have the gall to question how bad a decision it is to go with Peyton Manning. Who are the QB's for those other AFC West teams? It really isn't fair is it? If I was a Chiefs fan I'd be hating on the Broncos too. Don't get too down, there's always the outside chance the league will expand the playoffs and then you might get a wildcard or something.

i wish your team luck good sir, but i honestly expect this to end like a favre of two years ago. For the record, i would take philip rivers over manning any day of the week.

im just sayin, enjoy the honeymoon because once you get to the season it will be a disappointment.

another for the record moment here: Romeo Crennel is 6-0 Vs. The Peyton Manning.

i wish your team luck good sir, but i honestly expect this to end like a favre of two years ago. For the record, i would take philip rivers over manning any day of the week.

im just sayin, enjoy the honeymoon because once you get to the season it will be a disappointment.

another for the record moment here: Romeo Crennel is 6-0 Vs. The Peyton Manning.

Romeo Crennel faced Peyton twice as Head Coach and he lost both games.

Manning goes to Denver, Tebow gets traded to the Dolphins.

1st year - Manning takes Broncos to the playoffs and that is as far as it goes. Tebow has a mediocre debut in Miami.

2nd year - Broncos go to the playoffs again under Manning, so does the Dolphins. Tebow gets revenge by knocking off the Broncos.

3rd year - Broncos and Dolphins go back to the playoffs, Broncos win this time in the AFC championship game to go and win the Super Bowl.

4th year - Manning and the Broncos don't make it to the playoffs but the Dolphins and Tebow make it to the playoffs.

5th year - Broncos don't make it to the playoffs yet again, Manning retires and Tebow wins his first Super Bowl with the Dolphins.

1st year - Manning takes the Broncos to the playoffs. Tebow rides the pine in Miami after a 2:1 INT/completion ratio.

2nd year - Manning takes the Broncos to the Super Bowl. Tebow learns he contracted HIV from Taylor Swift three years ago and retires

3rd year - Manning wins a Super Bowl for Denver. Tebow now has full-blown AIDS. God tells him he doesn't care.

4th year - Manning wins another Super Bowl for Denver. Tebow dies of AIDS. Tebow supporters still holding out hope Elway will trade to bring Tebow back, citing 'more miracles to come.'

• Fire 1