So Manning's a Bronco...now what?

Foppa

Just curious on what this does not only to Denver...and Tebow...and the AFC West...but how other teams and other team's fans perceive it?

I didn't mind Tebow...it just always seemed like trying to put a square peg through a round hole. Like someone posted...If they somehow keep Tebow, ESPN will not cover any other team but the Broncos this year. I hate ESPN, so not sure I'd like that. Hell...with Manning, they'll be focused on Denver regardless what happens to Tebow. I remember how the Tebow jerseys were flying off the shelves in Denver...wow...The Manning jerseys may go even faster.

I will always remember NU just trashing Manning's Tennessee, and I loved it, but overall, I do like Manning. He may be a 'hit away' from his career ending, but ultimately I think Elway and the Broncos are doing the right thing.

I know I can't wait for the season to begin.

You'd have to think that Tebow is gone. Tebow's contract is $1.9mil (2012), $2.3mil (2013), and escalates about 10%/yr. He can't really back-up Manning--different skill set and all. Broncos really can't afford to have him sit on the bench. And Tebow would be a mighty expensive H-Back or Tight end. So, he gone.

If I'm Tim Tebow, I see that I'm sitting on a team whose skills match my skills - strong defense, competent offensive line, the ability to play a wildly different style of football than the NFL is typically branded on, and I can succeed if given the chance (and I get a bit lucky).

Yeah, my team just acquired a huge talent in Peyton Manning, sure, but he's one hit away from never playing another snap. Heck, he's one swipe to the head away from that.

If I'm Tim Tebow, I'm thinking I have a legit shot at starting half the season this year, and maybe more.

Call me a skeptic, but I don't know that Manning is exactly whole, or ever will be again.

If I'm Tim Tebow, I see that I'm sitting on a team whose skills match my skills - strong defense, competent offensive line, the ability to play a wildly different style of football than the NFL is typically branded on, and I can succeed if given the chance (and I get a bit lucky).

Yeah, my team just acquired a huge talent in Peyton Manning, sure, but he's one hit away from never playing another snap. Heck, he's one swipe to the head away from that.

If I'm Tim Tebow, I'm thinking I have a legit shot at starting half the season this year, and maybe more.

Call me a skeptic, but I don't know that Manning is exactly whole, or ever will be again.

Be sure...the Broncos are going to pay him big in hopes that that isn't the case.

Be sure...the Broncos are going to pay him big in hopes that that isn't the case.

5 years 95 mil is what ESPN is reporting they are possibly gonna offer. That is a HELL of a commitment.

Tebow will be gone, and I hope to high hell he doesn't become Miami's fallback plan with Flynn gone to Seattle, and the 49ers begging Alex Smith to come back. I would love it if Tebow ended up in Oakland somehow. What a perfect fit for the two parties.

I think the Broncos are insane. Paying a guy $19 mil a year for five years after three neck surgeries in two years? That is just madness.

I'm no Broncos fan, but I hope they aren't paying that kind of money for Manning. I like Manning, but there is no way that contract is justified after his surgeries.

• Fire 1

Hell if im Tim Tebow i think i can learn from one of the best qbs in the game. I wouldn't be going anywhere if i really want to be a qb in the nfl cause the way Tebow plays now he won't last. He needs to get better. It would help him a lot sitting behind for a couple of seasons for Manning. Look how Aaron Rodgers turned out after sitting behind Favre for like 6 years.

If you can find it, they once had a HBO sports thing about Manning's final game as a Vol, and his involvement in the NFL draft. Heading in to the Orange Bowl, they speak of how he is hoping that he has a big game to impress the Draft Board, we all know what happened because of the Nebraska Defense.

If Memory serves me correctly, he didn't bother to say he played an awesome Defense.

I feel bad for my brother, he's a Bronco's fan, and loathes Manning.

I think the Broncos are insane. Paying a guy $19 mil a year for five years after three neck surgeries in two years? That is just madness.

I'm no Broncos fan, but I hope they aren't paying that kind of money for Manning. I like Manning, but there is no way that contract is justified after his surgeries.

I am a Broncos fan...and I like Manning...and I think the Broncos may be insane...but if you know what it's like being a follower of Denver sports...I really like the rolling of the dice. The damn city sits on its pocketbook every year in every sport always looking at youth and development to save a dime and rely on inexperience. It's like the city woke up in the Kansas CIty Royals general office.

I give them props for trying. Knowing how Manning is...he will work his butt off to be a great asset to this team. That's all I asked of Tebow, but he just doesn't posses the skill set to be an NFL QB. Manning has more than proven he is. So now we watch.

If you can find it, they once had a HBO sports thing about Manning's final game as a Vol, and his involvement in the NFL draft. Heading in to the Orange Bowl, they speak of how he is hoping that he has a big game to impress the Draft Board, we all know what happened because of the Nebraska Defense.

If Memory serves me correctly, he didn't bother to say he played an awesome Defense.

I feel bad for my brother, he's a Bronco's fan, and loathes Manning.

He still actually performed pretty decently against our defense.

Gotta love Manning - he's been class his entire career, and hilarious with his commercials and SNL bits as well. Wish him luck.

The scoop on local talk radio is that Tebow will no longer be a Bronco. Some of the reasons;

1-Tebow wants to play QB. $95M over 5 years for Peyton takes away any chance for legitimate competition in camp. Manning is who the Broncos are hitching their wagon to. Tebow, even though he is physically a beast and could possibly play some other positions, will want to go where he has a shot at QB. And the Broncos will be more than happy to lose whatever salary they can on him.

2-The Broncos aren't paying Manning that kind of money for him to teach/tutor anybody. His job is to win games. Period. While it would be beneficial for Tebow to spend a season or 2 around Manning, the Broncos aren't gonna pony up that kind of scratch for OJT.

3- There is pretty widespread sentiment that Tebow is such a polarizing figure that the Broncos don't want the over-the-top Tebow fans causing distractions. Believe it or not there are Broncos fans who are extremely upset with Manning coming here if it means Tebow won't be the starter (and it does). The last thing they need is 25,000 fans chanting "Tebow Tebow" the first time Peyton throws an INT. Lots of concern about team chemistry and the like. They don't need any divisions in the lockerroom.

4- Elway has never seemed to totally embrace Tebow IMO. Elway understands what Tebows limitations are. He is not the prototypical NFL QB and Manning is. The Broncos adjusted the offense to better fit Tebows abilities this past season. That won't be possible when they shift gears to make it fit Manning's abilities. 2 different animals.

I like Tebow a lot (more as a person than a QB) and think he will only get better with time but there is a lot of the same thing going on with him and the Broncos as there is with Martinez at Nebraska. The only problem is, you can have a run first, scramble and try to make something happen, pass when have to QB at the college level. That doesn't work real well in the NFL. I think Tebow is a great guy and I don't blame him for the media circus that follows in his wake but, we got Peyton frikken Manning. Neck problems or no, after what the Broncos have been through since Elway retired, they're going all-in with Manning and the what if scenarios are getting thrown out the window. $95M...there is no backup plan. It either works or they go back to the drawing board. Tebow will not remain a Bronco.

The last thing they need is 25,000 fans chanting "Tebow Tebow" the first time Peyton throws an INT.

This would never happen with Manning. Orton and Brady are crappy qb's who weren't much better than Tebow and experience was the only factor Orton ever started last year. Even with 3 surgeries Manning will be head and shoulders above the rest of the qb's that pulling him will never be a thought to cross Foxs's mind.

The last thing they need is 25,000 fans chanting "Tebow Tebow" the first time Peyton throws an INT.

This would never happen with Manning. Orton and Brady are crappy qb's who weren't much better than Tebow and experience was the only factor Orton ever started last year. Even with 3 surgeries Manning will be head and shoulders above the rest of the qb's that pulling him will never be a thought to cross Foxs's mind.

I agree that pulling Manning would/should not ever cross Fox's mind BUT there is a certain faction of Broncos fans who are not pleased at all that Manning is coming to Denver. I can guarantee that those chants would be heard at Mile High after sufficient offensive struggle. I don't get it at all but there is that element. Orton was certainly no outstanding talent but I feel he was far from their biggest problem. He wouldn't win you a game but he wouldn't lose ya one either. The Broncos had ten other guys on the field that could take care of that with or without Orton's input. That didn't stop the fans from chanting Tebow when it was obvious Orton wasn't fully to blame. Some people are so in love with Tebow that you could genetically engineer a composite of Johnny U, Joe Montana, John Elway, Dan Marino, Peyton Manning, and every other top QB to ever play the game, and the idiots in Denver would still chant Tebow. The big question in my mind is; what are the Broncos going to do with their O line to protect Manning at the level he was accustomed to in Indy? If I recall, he seemed to get more than a little perturbed when his protection would break down. It will be interesting to see what other changes they make and how much impact one very good QB has on an otherwise mediocre team.