Sporting News: Bo Pelini, Huskers confident 2012 can be their year

Nexus

Michigan suffered on the road last year just like all B1G teams did. They did lose at Iowa and at MSU, two teams we handled at home. Robinson struggled on the road, threw a lot of picks. He played his best ball against NU and OSU at home. He didn't look good in the bowl game. MU also loses several key pieces such as their all everything DT and C. Hoke has already challenged Robinson to be more consistent, sound familiar?

Correct. Michigan wised up just in time for their game with us and took some of the reigns off of Robinson. Molk had a huge game against Caputo and Martin was their DL anchor. I think they lose Hemmingway and another receiver as well. They do return Toussaint, who I feel is really key.

Denard Robinson is a ticking time bomb of interceptions. Point that many fail to mention when talking about our lopsided losses last year is the fact that we beat ourselves in all 3 of them. In no way shape or form, aside from that sickening stretch in the 2nd half against Wisconsin- did it look like we were getting beat up and down the field by superior teams talent wise. We have the horses to beat anyone out there, it's just a matter of sinching up the loose ends mentality/psychologically wise. That's why I'm now more encouraged than ever is because it has now been published by a national wide source of the off the field things that have gone on this offseason with and between players and coaches. This isnt some local sunshine pumper beat writer, it's the sportin news saying what we already knew was happening.

Same sh#t different year.

10 times better. Etc. Etc.

I expect the results this year to be largely similar to Bo's other years.

hope springs eternal :koolaid2: .........yawn, wonder how many teams in the B1G are worried now? :waste

Yeah.

I think our offense will be good. I think our defense will take a step back. The team will get rattled and lose a game or two that we shouldn't. At least 1 team will blow us out.

Nothing surprising really. Of course . . . I'd love to be really, really, surprised.

^^ interesting

There is a variable in that equation though too.

Ndamukong Suh. We don't have any game changers like that on defense right now.

2010's defense was very solid as well w/o Suh, the secondary was incredible. 2011=2008. I think 2012 will = 2010 defensively (it takes Suh-like stardom to have a 2009, dont think this unit has that, as of right now anyway).

yeah but 2010's defense was a solid defense anyway. you still have guys like crick, prince, lavonte. we don't have guys like that now... as much as i wish we did. granted, i think there are a couple guys that are capable of filling into those high capacity roles in the secondary and at linebacker.

The way you know Spring is in the air is you open your local paper and find about ten pages of fluff. You never see so many people working so hard on keeping the sunshine pump flowing as you do this time of year. Everyone's buying in. We've found the magic again.

Next we get the Spring Game, where the prognosticators will find a future All American at every position based off a good play or two against a walkon defense.

Next we get the offseason where we find out how team led practices and 7 on 7 drills are looking sharper than ever. There's never been more unity in any organization in the history of the world than there is on this team at this moment. If only Jesus could have gotten his disciples more in step.

And when fall camp hits, look out--we're talking one salty football team. Swagger here, swagger there, swagger everywhere. Taylor's throwing mechanics will make Aaron Rodgers sit up and take note. The defense gets it, especially the true freshman linebackers who just learned how to tie their shoes. Surprising. Amazing. Wonderful!

Then the season hits, and the same defense that gave up 38 points to Washington, 48 to Wisconsin, 45 to Michigan, and 30 to South Carolina--that's three crushing losses for anyone who's counting--is going to somehow be better than it was last year with the same cast of characters, minus Crick, Denard, and David, its three best players, and first year defensive coordinator (who's only marginally less experienced than the offensive coordinator whose scheme was also ripped apart in three blowout losses).

But please, do continue. I love cotton candy.

• Fire 5

The way you know Spring is in the air is you open your local paper and find about ten pages of fluff. You never see so many people working so hard on keeping the sunshine pump flowing as you do this time of year. Everyone's buying in. We've found the magic again.

Next we get the Spring Game, where the prognosticators will find a future All American at every position based off a good play or two against a walkon defense.

Next we get the offseason where we find out how team led practices and 7 on 7 drills are looking sharper than ever. There's never been more unity in any organization in the history of the world than there is on this team at this moment. If only Jesus could have gotten his disciples more in step.

And when fall camp hits, look out--we're talking one salty football team. Swagger here, swagger there, swagger everywhere. Taylor's throwing mechanics will make Aaron Rodgers sit up and take note. The defense gets it, especially the true freshman linebackers who just learned how to tie their shoes. Surprising. Amazing. Wonderful!

Then the season hits, and the same defense that gave up 38 points to Washington, 48 to Wisconsin, 45 to Michigan, and 30 to South Carolina--that's three crushing losses for anyone who's counting--is going to somehow be better than it was last year with the same cast of characters, minus Crick, Denard, and David, its three best players, and first year defensive coordinator (who's only marginally less experienced than the offensive coordinator whose scheme was also ripped apart in three blowout losses).

this guy gets it.

tumblr_lwowlpAZjv1r8cwpko1_400.gif

and this year's flavor is enhanced with Pink Pelini.........yum!.........the best ever!

Husker_x pretty much summed up what is a quintessential spring football article. I'll start believing what Meredith is saying when he loses some weight and comes off the edge like he did 2 years ago at times. Martinez, ... well I'll start believing his MNC talk when he explodes on people like he did 2 years ago in a big game, not against inferior competition.

Can someone explain to me why Ohio St is being considere a "one guaranteed loss"? They're the ones with a new coaching staff and a new offensive system, with nothing to play for.

I don't get it either. Yeah, it's on the road and they're a fine program and should be favored but......geesh, what did they win last year, 7 wins? They're not even bowl eligible this year and have a new coach. Ok, Meyer is a great coach but not a magician. Look at his last year at Florida.

Why everyone expects Michigan to steamroll us at Lincoln is over my head too. Oh well.....

Husker_x pretty much summed up what is a quintessential spring football article. I'll start believing what Meredith is saying when he loses some weight and comes off the edge like he did 2 years ago at times. Martinez, ... well I'll start believing his MNC talk when he explodes on people like he did 2 years ago in a big game, not against inferior competition.

it amost sounds like a set up from last year, expect to run the table, lose a couple games and then fall apart.....why can't we just have quiet confidence and play them 1 game at a time.........instead of having a rock on hard-on for the MNC?....focus on all the new starters and improve one game at a time, create some chemistry and let things gel. like always, everything else will take care of itself.

to think I laid a grand down on them last year for the big title. I was told I was a fool. This year i will stay away and watch the 50-1 odds of a national championship will happen. Dang a gamblers life.

Bet on an SEC team to win it all. The BCS has it set up so that it's a no-brainer.

The way you know Spring is in the air is you open your local paper and find about ten pages of fluff. You never see so many people working so hard on keeping the sunshine pump flowing as you do this time of year. Everyone's buying in. We've found the magic again...

Yeah I totally agree that Nebraska should just cancel the entire football season and conceed defeat before a single game is played this season.

:ahhhhhhhh

:dunno