Fighting Illini vs Fighting Erstads

truth hurts havoc...

I was extremely optomistic and even more hopeful.. Baseball is my favorite sport but I've lost heart and the truth is, the huskers are nothing more then AVERAGE in every men's sport.

The truth is that you were overly optimistic for reasons that weren't there. There was no reason given what we were returning from last season to have all the optimism you had. However, the attitude instilled in this team has made it better than it ever could have been last year, and they are only growing.

Sac Fly scores Farmer and it's 11-3.

Illini up 1 - 0 after the first..

I'm heading out to umpire myself so thankfully I won't have to suffer through the aggravation of ineptness. sker's are a joke!

Please God, umpire one of my games so I can be on your case the whole game! Nothing would make me happier than you umpiring my teams game and me yelling at you so much that you kick me out. It would be worth it!

• Fire 1

We can put to rest the idea that "knapplc is bad luck" for the baseball team. Not only was I at the game, I got some pretty good pics.

Do you guys want some of the pics, or all of the pics?

:D @ knapp shattering the bad luck charm myth today.

Of course, post 'em up whenever you get a chance.

We can put to rest the idea that "knapplc is bad luck" for the baseball team. Not only was I at the game, I got some pretty good pics.

Do you guys want some of the pics, or all of the pics?

:D @ knapp shattering the bad luck charm myth today.

Of course, post 'em up whenever you get a chance.

I so rarely attend Husker losses that it was very painful to watch that game last week. It looked like more of the same for the first inning-and-a-half... until the bats heated up.

I'll resize this mess and post them. Just got done putting up my Stadium Expansion pics from this AM.....

Erstad with the kid "Coach of the Game" before festivities start.

DSCF0873.jpg

Some Husker at-bats in the decisive second inning:

DSCF0875.jpg

DSCF0876.jpg

DSCF0877.jpg

Sanguinetti at third after his second-inning bases-clearing triple.

DSCF0879.jpg

Michael Pritchard prepares to wreak havoc.

DSCF0889.jpg

Keller on the mound as the dugout watches.

DSCF0892.jpg

An Illinois batter scores a run on an infield out.

DSCF0896.jpg

DSCF0898.jpg

DSCF0899.jpg

Chad Christensen preparing to knock the cover off the ball as Richard Stock watches from the on-deck circle.

DSCF0905.jpg

Christensen up again as the rout rolls on. BONUS POINTS if you can find Lindsey Moore and Jordan Hooper in the stands.

DSCF0927.jpg

Erstad and Bolt chat as the Umps figure out how to explain why Richard Stock was called out.

DSCF0936.jpg

Kash Kalkowski settles in to his stance, ready to give the ball a ride.

DSCF0938.jpg

Kash jogs in to home after his fifth-inning home run.

DSCF0940.jpg