Fighting Illini vs Fighting Erstads

lol,

so much for being competitive in the big's weak baseball traditions. What a joke tonight was.. I fully expect to see much more of it too. In fact I'm predicting a sweep this weekend.

11 - 3, wow!! we are so awesome and to think.. I was so freaking pumped about this season. Swept by Gonzaga to start the year so why not the trifecta. Sweep to begin conference play and then getting swept out of the conference tournament. Hmm... an absolutely achievable goal.

Great Game sker's... Thanks for the memories. NOT!!!!!!

lol,

so much for being competitive in the big's weak baseball traditions. What a joke tonight was.. I fully expect to see much more of it too. In fact I'm predicting a sweep this weekend.

11 - 3, wow!! we are so awesome and to think.. I was so freaking pumped about this season. Swept by Gonzaga to start the year so why not the trifecta. Sweep to begin conference play and then getting swept out of the conference tournament. Hmm... an absolutely achievable goal.

Great Game sker's... Thanks for the memories. NOT!!!!!!

Calm down bro! I have inside sources telling me that the sun will come up tomorrow.

Well done Hacker. Disappear during the good times, and then reappear to troll after the guys have a couple bad outings. Way to be an actual Husker supporter as opposed to a fair weather fan. Oh wait...

We were going to have some hiccups in the road. Even tonight, they kept fighting. Have little patience and a little faith. Course, I know I'm preaching to the choir for those that are supportive, and am not likely to convince the naysayers anyway. But I still thought I should put that out there.

the nay sayers? who are they? How about the blind?

The truth is every money generating men's program (football, basketball and baseball) is at best mediocre. In fact, it can be argued that we aren't even that. We can't compete with "any" football program that has even an inkling of tradition (for Pete's sake we can't even beat Northwestern at home). We can't even generate enough wins in Basketball to get into the NIT and its rather obvious where this baseball team is headed. Truth is we are the bottom dwellers of the Big and I don't see it changing anytime soon. I find it amusing to see all of you who are wearing the rose colored glasses and drinking the kool-aid. Wake up, admit it, the men's programs S.U.C.K.

the nay sayers? who are they? How about the blind?

The truth is every money generating men's program (football, basketball and baseball) is at best mediocre. In fact, it can be argued that we aren't even that. We can't compete with "any" football program that has even an inkling of tradition (for Pete's sake we can't even beat Northwestern at home). We can't even generate enough wins in Basketball to get into the NIT and its rather obvious where this baseball team is headed. Truth is we are the bottom dwellers of the Big and I don't see it changing anytime soon. I find it amusing to see all of you who are wearing the rose colored glasses and drinking the kool-aid. Wake up, admit it, the men's programs S.U.C.K.

:rolleyes::rollin :rollin :rollin

GBR!!!

8-3 no one out..

And just for good measure, let's see how Hacker felt a month ago.....

Damn Title IX and its killing of Wisconsin Baseball.

Bucky, you and the rest of the Wisconsinites (is that a word?) are welcome to join Husker Nation in rooting for the Big Red in Big 10 baseball... Not suggesting you jump on the husker bandwagon in sports the Wisconsin Red games in but lets be honest, Red is Red and by any definition, hard to ignore. So.. come on Whisky red, join the Husker red baseball bandwagon!!

As for the husker baseball season. When I reflect back on the optimism that existed at the start of last season I find myself asking why their should be less this season. The truth as I see it, the sker's are better conditioned with a better pitching coach, a returning former sker's defensive stud now coaching his philosophies to our young studs and a head coach that can light a fire under the seat of even the strongest of skeptics. I see the sker's winning no less then 44 games this year. I see Erstad as being the Big's coach of the year. I see Silva staying for 3 years at most as the sker's program is his final stepping stone to a head coaching position and before his departure, I see him as becoming the biggest factor in rejuvenating a pitching staff that has talent but lacked confidence.

I dare anyone to tell me why my projections are to high. Why?

• Given the schedule Erstad inherited (one that he isn't at all happy with)
  • the new attitude that is rather obvious through interviews the media has shared
  • the leaving it all on the field competition that has chased a couple players (ex: Logan)
  • the coaching staff's records at every location they've coached
  • and finally, this years motto "back to the ballpark"

I am totally amped for the season and find myself begging for more media insight. Seriously can't understand why the media hasn't taken this opportunity to gain more readers, viewers, followers?

Huskers will rule 2012 and our former sker's (now coaches, all of them) homecoming will be a huge success.