Coming out of the Big Red Closet

So, do we call you Johnny or "The Jet"? It's cool if you are a fan of other teams besides Nebraska. I am a fan of Notre Dame football, I mean other than the times Nebraska played them. I think its expected from being Catholic. Remember that you're not a Closet Cornhusker Fan unless you only wear Cornhusker stuff when we win. Go Big Red!

Alright my HB people, its time for me to be honest.

When I first joined this board back in October, around the time of the Wisconsin game, I registered under the name of "Badgerfan" as if I was one... but that was far from the truth.

In all actuality I am, born and raised, a Nebraska Cornhusker fan. My parents are from Neligh and I bleed red. In fact, my family even named me "Johnny Rodgers", no joke, check my birth certificate...they were that excited about the '73 Orange Bowl. I have "Not the goal but the game; In the deed the glory." branded on my ass. Do you have any idea how badly a brand that long hurts? BAD. Hell I even went so far as to buy the boxers Phil "fatty" Fulmer wore and subsequently soiled during the 98 Orange Bowl.

UTpooo.jpg

So, I guess I need to apologize to you all. You see, I'm kind of an attention whore and a contrarian so disguising my allegiance seemed like the more enjoyable thing to do but this has been weighing on me for far too long. In closing, I hope you all can accept me as who I was born to be, this was not a choice, I was born this way. I understand if you never want to talk to me again but dammit this is who I am...a Huskerfan.

Go Big Red!

don't care either way... but...after sitting in Madison for that game last year..anyone who even attempts to play like they are a Wisconsin fan is flirting with ignorance.

Alright my HB people, its time for me to be honest.

When I first joined this board back in October, around the time of the Wisconsin game, I registered under the name of "Badgerfan" as if I was one... but that was far from the truth.

In all actuality I am, born and raised, a Nebraska Cornhusker fan. My parents are from Neligh and I bleed red. In fact, my family even named me "Johnny Rodgers", no joke, check my birth certificate...they were that excited about the '73 Orange Bowl. I have "Not the goal but the game; In the deed the glory." branded on my ass. Do you have any idea how badly a brand that long hurts? BAD. Hell I even went so far as to buy the boxers Phil "fatty" Fulmer wore and subsequently soiled during the 98 Orange Bowl.

UTpooo.jpg

So, I guess I need to apologize to you all. You see, I'm kind of an attention whore and a contrarian so disguising my allegiance seemed like the more enjoyable thing to do but this has been weighing on me for far too long. In closing, I hope you all can accept me as who I was born to be, this was not a choice, I was born this way. I understand if you never want to talk to me again but dammit this is who I am...a Huskerfan.

Go Big Red!

don't care either way... but...after sitting in Madison for that game last year..anyone who even attempts to play like they are a Wisconsin fan is flirting with ignorance.

Hahaha