I serve an amazing God

Its usually not excruciating pain that radiates from the back to the groin...

I don't think that's quite accurate. It can change locations rapidly.

I never said it didn't. I said it usually doesn't start in the back and radiate to the groin. Usually the other way around.

But like I said, Im no doctor and I don't know the symptoms the OP was experiencing other than pain.

If I am right, you won't see me gloating about it knowing that you and many others had the chance to be saved by believing. I'll just say that.

It would be one thing if it was just a matter of believing. It's an entirely different story when there is a preponderance of evidence that blows that belief out of the water, and I'm still required believe.

The faith story is very convenient for a church that wishes to keep you in their fold, is it not? Without a shred of proof of... anything in the past 2,000 years, the "belief" mantra is awfully handy to explain away God's absence - at least, an absence relevant to that of a loving, caring Father.

I'm not gonna argue with you. I hope you find the answers you're looking for.

I've already found the answer. It was right there in front of me the whole time, I just chose to not look at it.

I never said it didn't. I said it usually doesn't start in the back and radiate to the groin. Usually the other way around.

Unless I missed it, the OP didn't say that it started in the back. If he didn't . . . I'm not sure that what you're saying is relevant.

Edit: I'll run it past the wife this evening. She'll probably have a good guess as to what it could be.

Unless I missed it, the OP didn't say that it started in the back. If he didn't . . . I'm not sure that what you're saying is relevant.

Edit: I'll run it past the wife this evening. She'll probably have a good guess as to what it could be.

You're right, I misread. I just remember him saying radiating into his groin and kidney stones, so I was thinking it started in his back. I went back and read and he said it started in the left upper quadrant.

I don't think anybody knows the true meaning of our existence, but I can almost guarantee that is not it.

How can you almost guarantee this? The most basic purpose of organic life is to procreate and continue the species, and live long enough to do that. There's no way of arguing against this because it's undeniable fact, and it's not just prevalent in our ecosystem - it's prevalent in all ecosystems.

Now, if you want to argue a spiritual purpose or something like that, go right ahead. But, that's not what I believe in so it will do you no good.

Isn't the whole arguement, for those that believe in God, around 'why do people suffer, not live a long life, etc'... answered by Genisis Chapter 3? It wasn't until man chose the way of Satan, rather than the way of God, that sorrow entered the world. Man sins against God in Genesis 3:6-7, and God reveals to Adam and Eve the consequences of sin in Genesis 3:16-19. God told Adam and Eve that they would now experience sorrow and death. Therefore, the suffering and sorrow that you and I face today is not the work of an unjust God; it's the consequences of sin.

That's an easy answer for people of faith, but it doesn't help those who don't see things that way. Animals are very protective of their young, and they experience pain/suffering, yet they've been around far longer than the biblical Adam and Eve, because they were humans, no? How do we explain pain and suffering that predates Christianity?

So we've conclusively proven in this thread that Po Belini is as accurate as WebMD. :D

Hey now! Don't insult me or If I ever have to x-ray you, Ill make sure I mis-position you so I have to repeat :) ...not like it will do anything though since getting a diagnostic x-ray is like being exposed to the sun.

Thanks for sharing muzicman0. Nobody knows if it was God or natural circumstances that led to your relief but it certainly could have been an act of God. People who presume to think they know how God should act in every situation don't really understand him at all. I had a sort of similar situation in which I was scheduled for surgery but was miraculously healed and didn't require the surgery after all. The doctors had no logical explanation. But I'm sure some here would question his choice to cure me and not other much more apparently serious cases. I simply figure he has his reasons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbinE6bx8xM

So we've conclusively proven in this thread that Po Belini is as accurate as WebMD. :D

Hey now! Don't insult me or If I ever have to x-ray you, Ill make sure I mis-position you so I have to repeat :) ...not like it will do anything though since getting a diagnostic x-ray is like being exposed to the sun.

Radiologic tech? I've got a friend that does that.

Radiologic tech? I've got a friend that does that.

Still a student, so not registered yet.

I don't think anybody knows the true meaning of our existence, but I can almost guarantee that is not it.

How can you almost guarantee this? The most basic purpose of organic life is to procreate and continue the species, and live long enough to do that. There's no way of arguing against this because it's undeniable fact, and it's not just prevalent in our ecosystem - it's prevalent in all ecosystems. Obviously, our females don't kill our males (jokes aside), but that still doesn't deny our purpose - continue the species.

Now, if you want to argue a spiritual purpose or something like that, go right ahead. But, that's not what I believe in so it will do you no good.

Even speaking non-spiritually, it still wouldn't make sense for living as long as possible to be the purpose of life. Hypothetically speaking, if I believed there were no God to serve, the purpose of life would be to leave the world in better shape than you found it. Just living as long as possible wouldn't make any sense to be the purpose of life. If I were to go around murdering and raping people but live to be 400 years old and conceive 30 children through the women that I raped, by your definition of purpose, that would be a successful life.