Huskers ready to take the next step

Bo is optimistic, i am sure the kids are better, but so is every other team we will face....this will be an interesting season.

Every other team we face is going to be better? That's a little bit of a stretch in my opinion. I think some of them will (Ohio State and Michigan to be particular) but all in all I don't see a sudden jump in talent from all of the teams on our schedule.

Bo is optimistic, i am sure the kids are better, but so is every other team we will face....this will be an interesting season.

Every other team we face is going to be better? That's a little bit of a stretch in my opinion. I think some of them will (Ohio State and Michigan to be particular) but all in all I don't see a sudden jump in talent from all of the teams on our schedule.

Bo is optimistic....this will be an interesting season.

(fixed it for you)..........better?

I think Michigan is going to be worse especially when you have to play all the good teams at home like they did last year the tables are turned this year.

This will be an interesting season. Ohio State will certainly be better under Meyer. Although, OSU is not eligible for a conference championship (probation). They also have a talented mobile QB that gave our D fits last year (as does Michigan). Wisconsin will probably be worse and NU plays them in Lincoln this year. The Badgers got lucky once again by recruiting a last minute QB, Danny O'Brien from Maryland. However, the word on the street is that he is nowhere near what Russel Wilson was last year. Michigan State returns many defensive stars including DE star Gholston, but lost Worthy to NFL. However, they lost Kirk Cousins and B.J. Cunningham to graduation/NFL as well. I seriously doubt they will win 11 games in 2012. Penn State went through way too much turmoil in the offseason.

I understand the rationale behind Pelini commenting that the Huskers need to take the next step. I think every Husker fan in the country is feeling it. If the offense is more balanced this year, NU has a shot at the B1G Ten championship.

You fixed it like you had some sort of problem with me disagreeing with what you put. If you think every team we face this year is going to be better than they were last year, that's fine. All I was doing is respectfully disagreeing with your assumption and making my own that not every team we face this year is going to be better than they were last year.

And we've got to be a little bit more aggressive than we were a year ago. Being better in the secondary will make our d-line that much better.

WH: By "aggressive," do you mean more blitzing?

BP: More multiple than we have been. We weren't comfortable to use all the bullets we had in our gun. We're a lot more equipped to play the style of defense I like to play.

Pretty telling in my mind.

And we've got to be a little bit more aggressive than we were a year ago. Being better in the secondary will make our d-line that much better.

WH: By "aggressive," do you mean more blitzing?

BP: More multiple than we have been. We weren't comfortable to use all the bullets we had in our gun. We're a lot more equipped to play the style of defense I like to play.

Pretty telling in my mind.

Yeah, last year we were so young in the backfield that we couldn't play a lot of the packages that Pelini usually plays. We played a lot of base defense with some nickel and not much more. This year we have a lot of guys back on the line and a lot of linebackers back as well so we should have a defensive understanding at all 3 levels, allowing us to make some bigger plays and be more multiple as Pelini said.