Huskers ready to take the next step

Going with Knap on this one. I just can't buy into the preseason talk anymore as i've been let down too often. Stop talking and start doing. I love Bo's enthusiasm and talk, and i want to believe, but until it's proven it's just more talk.

I've noticed the more hype we get the worse we do.

And we've got to be a little bit more aggressive than we were a year ago. Being better in the secondary will make our d-line that much better.

WH: By "aggressive," do you mean more blitzing?

BP: More multiple than we have been. We weren't comfortable to use all the bullets we had in our gun. We're a lot more equipped to play the style of defense I like to play.

Pretty telling in my mind.

Believe it or not, the primary blackshirt defensive liability last year was not our secondary. It was the defensive line. After Crick went down, the defensive line generated little or no pass rush in many games and they lost contain pretty much on every QB rolling out of the pocket. Even all-pro NFL DBs get burned if the defensive line does not generate any pressure. The more aggressive quote from Pelini is code for getting more push from our defensive line this year. Hopefully, guys like Randle, Martin, and Carter can make more of an impact this year.

Going with Knap on this one. I just can't buy into the preseason talk anymore as i've been let down too often. Stop talking and start doing. I love Bo's enthusiasm and talk, and i want to believe, but until it's proven it's just more talk.

Hey, what else are we going to do? We're Husker fans. It looks like we had a good spring, the talk is good, the kids look excited - maybe this is the year.

I don't have especially good reasons, but I just have a feeling we're going to have a great season. I have a really good feeling about our offense, and I think the D is going to come around with Bo spending more time there.

hope you are correct, but every time i hear the word multiple....... :dunno

I don't have especially good reasons, but I just have a feeling we're going to have a great season. I have a really good feeling about our offense, and I think the D is going to come around with Bo spending more time there.

hope you are correct, but every time i hear the word multiple....... :dunno

To me, the coaches use the word "multiple" whenever they don't want to answer a question with specifics. Every time I see it in an article, I stop reading.

Talk is cheap. I am getting tired of the talk.

I actually had a co-worker say the he thought the singer was hot when this song came out. my reply: You know he is a dude right? He argued with me for atleast 10 minutes before he realized he was wrong. Man that was priceless.