Pelini given a 1 year contract extension

when we play good or great teams we struggle.

lol. I know you just worded it badly, but I'm still going to ask, how many teams don't struggle against good or great teams?

I really can't name any other school that has as much trouble as we do. I hate to say it but look at Texas they really don't struggle with anyone. Texas has had our number since we started playing them every 2 years when we were in the Big 12. They can even have crappy teams and even when we are better we still fall flat. I know TO had problems but he was playing for MNC's quite often though.

Texas has lost their last four straight games to KSU. But yeah, they never struggle.......

lol. I know you just worded it badly, but I'm still going to ask, how many teams don't struggle against good or great teams?

Of course, unless Bo stomps into the ground every good or great team we play he "s*cks" and needs to be fired.

This is funny, what was your mantra against Watson for the longest time? "Whenever we play good teams the offense disappears."

Both are silly arguments, because our worst days are going to come against the best teams, it's to be expected. I would say under Bo we have been hit and miss against top competition. Some encouraging signs.

Bo has to start get something done. If by the end of his contract he doesn't have a Conference Championship or been to a BCS game we need a new coach.

If we look somewhere other than Bo I think it will be a proven HC who might be a bit under the radar because he doesn't have a star coordinator reputation. And we'll open the checkbooks for veteran, highly capable coordinators on both sides. I like Bo but I still would be very interested in seeing Chris Peterson happen at some point in the future. Maybe a pipe dream.

Honeymoon is over for Bo, he either needs to win a Conference Championship or get to a BCS game if he wants to keep his job.

I'll just leave this right here.

Exactly. Imagine if we played every game like Northwestern played us last year. Hair on fire, nothing to lose, balls-out the whole game. We were out-everythinged that game: Outcoached, outhussled, outwitted, outsmarted. They had that chip on their shoulder, and we showed up to win, not to play. We play WAY too many games like that. They're so wrapped up into the idea that "We Are Nebraska" that they forget we AREN'T Nebraska, at least, not the Nebraska we used to be.

And the fans do absolutely nothing but worsen this by demanding championships or bust. Saying stuff like "he has 2 years, or else..." or "It's year 5, he has all his guys, if he doesn't win the B1G, it's a failure" all while lambasting the players for saying the exact same thing.

We've turned into an entitled fanbase that cries and throws a tantrum when we don't win. And that rubs off on the players.

I really can't name any other school that has as much trouble as we do. I hate to say it but look at Texas they really don't struggle with anyone. Texas has had our number since we started playing them every 2 years when we were in the Big 12. They can even have crappy teams and even when we are better we still fall flat. I know TO had problems but he was playing for MNC's quite often though.

Texas has lost their last four straight games to KSU. But yeah, they never struggle.......

yeah and the series record is 7 to 5 Kansas St.

Bo has to start get something done. If by the end of his contract he doesn't have a Conference Championship or been to a BCS game we need a new coach.

If we look somewhere other than Bo I think it will be a proven HC who might be a bit under the radar because he doesn't have a star coordinator reputation. And we'll open the checkbooks for veteran, highly capable coordinators on both sides. I like Bo but I still would be very interested in seeing Chris Peterson happen at some point in the future. Maybe a pipe dream.

Honeymoon is over for Bo, he either needs to win a Conference Championship or get to a BCS game if he wants to keep his job.

I'll just leave this right here.

Exactly. Imagine if we played every game like Northwestern played us last year. Hair on fire, nothing to lose, balls-out the whole game. We were out-everythinged that game: Outcoached, outhussled, outwitted, outsmarted. They had that chip on their shoulder, and we showed up to win, not to play. We play WAY too many games like that. They're so wrapped up into the idea that "We Are Nebraska" that they forget we AREN'T Nebraska, at least, not the Nebraska we used to be.

And the fans do absolutely nothing but worsen this by demanding championships or bust. Saying stuff like "he has 2 years, or else..." or "It's year 5, he has all his guys, if he doesn't win the B1G, it's a failure" all while lambasting the players for saying the exact same thing.

We've turned into an entitled fanbase that cries and throws a tantrum when we don't win. And that rubs off on the players.

I guess you will accept mediocrity then? No team should. So you would be happy if we didn't win the Big Ten Conference? or get into a BCS playoffs? I guess you do have low standards.

Of course, unless Bo stomps into the ground every good or great team we play he "s*cks" and needs to be fired.

No, he doesn't have to stomp but eventually he needs to beat the better teams otherwise we will just be Wisconsin. I guess you want that huh?

You're spending an awful lot of time bitching about this for someone who is "not against it."

really, Knapp?????? i mean really?......... i make one comment, 2 responses and you want to argue about this? you have a problem.............

Oh, you've made far, far more than one comment about Pelini, Hunter. If anyone has a problem, it's the man in your mirror.

This sh#t is good! :cheers

Bottom line, 9 games a year the guy gets a pass. B1G, MNC or not. We painfully learned a lesson and lost every record we ever owned after we fired a former 9 win guy (Who actually played for the MNC). Not saying I agree, but I feel pretty confident in saying that.

Bo has had a very good O (2008) with Ganz, and two very good D's in 2009 and 2010. Unfortunately, he has not been able to put it together on both sides of the ball or even for 4 complete quarters. Beck year 2, a DB coach who seems to be more Sanders than Raymond and a new D line coach should help tremendously.

Bo's biggest problem to date, IMO, was that as a new coach, he surrounded himself with a lot of even less experienced assistants. The guy really tapped into the "no track record" pool to get this staff. Hard to be efficient when you, your staff and the kids are all trying to learn at the same time.

If he tanks, he gets bought out and NU moves along. One year or 10 year extension doesn't change that.

Is this a revisions account of what happened? Who lost the streaks against Iowa State, Mizzou, Kansas State and osu? If you are going to criticize one coach, at least be fair and don't put Franks failure on Callahan. Frank was luck that he played an 1-AA team in 2002 or he would have been the one who ruined the bowl streak. Callahan had the bowl streak and the Kansas streak.

As for the butt whippings, I guess people are forgetting about the stadium emptying out as KSUck destroyed us 38-7 on homecoming. Not to mention the many whippings that we took on the road....49-14 at KSUck....the list continues for Frank too.

Bottom line, 9 games a year the guy gets a pass. B1G, MNC or not. We painfully learned a lesson and lost every record we ever owned after we fired a former 9 win guy (Who actually played for the MNC). Not saying I agree, but I feel pretty confident in saying that.

Bo has had a very good O (2008) with Ganz, and two very good D's in 2009 and 2010. Unfortunately, he has not been able to put it together on both sides of the ball or even for 4 complete quarters. Beck year 2, a DB coach who seems to be more Sanders than Raymond and a new D line coach should help tremendously.

Bo's biggest problem to date, IMO, was that as a new coach, he surrounded himself with a lot of even less experienced assistants. The guy really tapped into the "no track record" pool to get this staff. Hard to be efficient when you, your staff and the kids are all trying to learn at the same time.

If he tanks, he gets bought out and NU moves along. One year or 10 year extension doesn't change that.

Is this a revisions account of what happened? Who lost the streaks against Iowa State, Mizzou, Kansas State and osu? If you are going to criticize one coach, at least be fair and don't put Franks failure on Callahan. Frank was luck that he played an 1-AA team in 2002 or he would have been the one who ruined the bowl streak. Callahan had the bowl streak and the Kansas streak.

As for the butt whippings, I guess people are forgetting about the stadium emptying out as KSUck destroyed us 38-7 on homecoming. Not to mention the many whippings that we took on the road....49-14 at KSUck....the list continues for Frank too.

I am not pointing towards Frank. We lost 7 in 2002. So yeah, I know he had issues. My point being, Bo has not done a bad job. Not looking at margin of loss, points, rankings etc.....he is one of 8 coaches to have won 9 games each of the last 4 years. Not an easy feat when folks are so quick to point at parity in football.

If you would like I can also throw out TO's 7 straight bowl losses, inability to beat OU, almost driving him to Colorado, having a 12-13 (GASP) bowl record etc........

I am simply saying that Bo, as long as he continues to win 9 games is safe for quite a while. No one at NU is going to fire a guy who is winning 9 games a year.

So you settle for mediocrity then eh? Sorry if after 2016 and he hasn't atleast won one CC or even been to a BCS game then we are just settling for a coach. Steve Pederson wasn't a competent AD. It was him that set us back and fired a solid coach then hired a sh**ty coach. The main thing is when we play good or great teams we struggle. That needs to stop. Bo hasn't even gotten a solid qb yet.

The bold, red is mine. Not saying I agree. I still have issues with the way we lose big. We didn't just lose last year, we imploded. Same with 2010 and the inability to score, 2009 inability to close the game.

Sadly, with the mediocrity (real, perceived or agreed with), there are still 111 teams in Div I that would love to have our record for the past 4 years with consecutive 9 win seasons. Just sayin

So you settle for mediocrity then eh? Sorry if after 2016 and he hasn't atleast won one CC or even been to a BCS game then we are just settling for a coach. Steve Pederson wasn't a competent AD. It was him that set us back and fired a solid coach then hired a sh**ty coach. The main thing is when we play good or great teams we struggle. That needs to stop. Bo hasn't even gotten a solid qb yet.

The bold, red is mine. Not saying I agree. I still have issues with the way we lose big. We didn't just lose last year, we imploded. Same with 2010 and the inability to score, 2009 inability to close the game.

Sadly, with the mediocrity (real, perceived or agreed with), there are still 111 teams in Div I that would love to have our record for the past 4 years with consecutive 9 win seasons. Just sayin

I get what you are saying but the stakes have changed the last 10 years. We shouldn't be content with 9 wins. Even for TO 9 wins was a down year. I'm not saying that i am not happy but that some time in the future just getting 9 wins won't cut it anymore unless we want to be considered an also ran or we want to be a contender. Bo needs time and i understand that but sooner or later he needs to finally develop as a HC and leave the coordinator job to someone else.

According to a report by the Omaha World Herald, Nebraska head coach Bo Pelini has been given a one year contract extension.

The move should not be a surprise to Husker fans. Pelini is now on the books for five more years and through the 2016 season, which is crucial in recruiting.

In four seasons at Nebraska, Pelini is 39-16 overall, winning the Big 12 Championship game in 2009 and making the Big 12 Conference championship game in 2010. Pelini is 7-10 against AP ranked teams during his four years at the helm.

Last season Nebraska finished 9-4 overall in the Huskers first year in the Big Ten. (Scout) What do you guys think? I am glad he got an extension. And for those who are on the "Fire Bo" Campaign just remember we could still have Callahan.

Fixed for accuracy.

Sat, Dec 05 Texas 22 3 at Arlington, Texas (Cowboys Stadium) 12 - 13 (L)

We lost. In case you forgot.

You're spending an awful lot of time bitching about this for someone who is "not against it."

really, Knapp?????? i mean really?......... i make one comment, 2 responses and you want to argue about this? you have a problem.............

Oh, you've made far, far more than one comment about Pelini, Hunter. If anyone has a problem, it's the man in your mirror.

According to a report by the Omaha World Herald, Nebraska head coach Bo Pelini has been given a one year contract extension.

The move should not be a surprise to Husker fans. Pelini is now on the books for five more years and through the 2016 season, which is crucial in recruiting.

In four seasons at Nebraska, Pelini is 39-16 overall, winning the Big 12 Championship game in 2009 and making the Big 12 Conference championship game in 2010. Pelini is 7-10 against AP ranked teams during his four years at the helm.

Last season Nebraska finished 9-4 overall in the Huskers first year in the Big Ten. (Scout) What do you guys think? I am glad he got an extension. And for those who are on the "Fire Bo" Campaign just remember we could still have Callahan.

Fixed for accuracy.

Sat, Dec 05 Texas 22 3 at Arlington, Texas (Cowboys Stadium) 12 - 13 (L)

We lost. In case you forgot.

It seems a few husker fans can't let that go.

Meh I could care less frankly. I'm not impressed with Bo nor his elitist my dad can beat up your dad attitude to the fans and the media either. As for "we could still have Callahan", at least if we did we'd have an offense.

....and at least have losing seasons, the worst blowout losses in the history of NU cfb "and" an offense that was only effective vs creampuffs. But one must admit our offense under Clownahan was unstoppable at garbage time (lots of practice at it).

Naw we had a good offense you homers just refuse to admit it. The problem was it didnt matter if we scored 1000 points our defense let the other team score 2000. But I'm not in the business of convincing koolaid drinkers Callahan wasn't the devil himself in sheeps clothing you all try to portray him as.

You mean the offense that only scored ten points until we were down 5 touchdowns at home against USC?

The offense that didn't scored 6 points against Missouri?

The offense that didn't score until the 4th quarter (down by 38 points) against Oklahoma State, at home, during Homecoming?

Yeah, it was amazing.

Ohhh I see, so you enjoy getting beat by Iowa State only scoring 7 points then? Or how about losing against Missouri during Homecoming 17-52? 6 points against aTm, 7 points against Washington, having the running back play quarterback because the qb sucks that bad etc etc. At least Billy C had the excuse he was taking an option team that didn't know what a forward pass was and turned it into a pass happy offense, no small feat. Yea, we've improved by leaps and bounds fella! It's all good though as long as my gamecocks keep whoopin on people playing in a real conference!