Student Tickets switching to E-Tickets

The ticket office is moving all student tickets from paper to electronic; they will just scan your student id. Supposedly you will be able to transfer the tickets to other students electronically, but it doesnt sound like there will be anyway for the general public to get access to these anymore. I was told it was because they want to eliminate the hassle of kids picking them up and to cut down printing costs. But from what I have heard the AD is just butthurt because they think kids are profiting so much in their behalf, which is somewhat the case.

Here's the way I see it...kids would often sell their tickets and gain some profit, but often they would sell them to older people who would then pay another $55 to the validation that the AD charges. $55 per ticket multiplied by a few hundred tickets, is a decent chunk of revenue. What will be potentially even more eye opening is how much it may potentially hurt the student section. You would be surprised how many non students sit in there via validated tickets. For the Iowa game last year, and every day after Thanksgiving game before, that validation line is blocks long. So many kids sell their ticket for that game for the simple fact that they go home for the holiday. I do not have a problem with them switching to e-tickets and I understand their reasoning, but they better find a way for them to be transferred to the general public if need be.

Opinions?

Agreed, LitSoR, they need to find a way for us to be able to give non-students a chance to get a ticket. With this, you're essentially limiting the amount of people who have access to the game.

Honestly, most students when selling their tickets don't sell them for outrageous prices that some of the other seats have attached to them. I feel like the dept. is losing money if they don't find a way for tickets to be transferred to non-students somehow.

The students don't get cheap tickets so they can make some bucks selling them, they get cheap tickets so it's affordable for them to attend the games because they are students. If they are buying season just so they can make some bucks on the games, then they don't need to be getting any tickets in the first place. On years we host the Iowa game after Thanksgiving, I'd like to see the ticket office not offer that game as part of the season ticket package to the students. Then a week or two before the game, offer it as a single game ticket to the students. That would give them the time to know or not if they would be around to attend the game. If they want to go, let them buy them. Then whatever is left in the student section can go on sale to the general public to buy at full price. That way the University gets it's money and there are always butts in the seats...or I guess people standing on them since it's the student section, lol.

Honestly, most students when selling their tickets don't sell them for outrageous prices that some of the other seats have attached to them.

We most know didn't people. Everytime I was trying to find an extra tix for someone, they wanted some $$$ (generally double face-value). There was a few times, I found tix off of art or music students for cheap money.

The Mildcats down south, have gone to E-Tix....where you print out the tickets (exactly what the University does here if you buy single game tix online or over the phone). This would still allow for tix to be sold.

I am sure that they will have some system by which you can get a printed ticket of some kind if you need to sell your ticket. It won't be an issue...the athletic department has some smart people that won't overlook the ticket selling problem.