ESPN Preseason Top-25

QMany

After reading the thread I have several thoughts.

-The "too damn high" poster was very funny.

-Y'all shouldn't consider arky a contender, they will not do as well without Petrino. He was necessary to their success.

-Florida State, UGA, and TCU are over ranked.

-Gamecocks at #8 is fair, I hope we can live up to the hype. We have 5 games scheduled against pre-season Top 25 teams.

-Finally, USCw has no shot at knocking off the SEC this year in the Championship, for several reasons: Lame Kitten is a bad coach, his programs fall apart, USC will lose 1or2 of 3 games played against Oregon, Washington, and Utah, the reduction in scholarships they've had will hurt their depth as the season progresses, and finally, the SEC is the SEC, everybody's looking up and nobody has beat them in the BCSCG over 6 years. It was getting so bad that we had to start sending 2 of our SEC teams to the BCSCG. With the strength of schedule mattering so much to the BCS, a 1 loss SEC team will be taken over a 1 loss USCw team.

Oklahoma State would have beaten LSU, but they didn't get a chance due to bias and collusion.

Okay, look, Kiffen is a really poor coach. They run an offense that is easy to stop IF you have the players to match up which will be the key. The WCO is about as predictable as one hot girl wearing a tank top getting mad at another hot girl wearing a tank top and calling her a slut for wearing a tank top.

Now, The Trojans don't play anyone so they should be just fine.

Next. The Gamecocks, you have got to be kidding me if you think that is the 8th best team, they had their best team ever last year and lost twice. Next

really??? then how has he been able to keep his players interested and playing hard? how was he able to keep matt barkley there for his senior year? how was he able to keep USC afloat after pete carrol wrecked the ship with NCAA sancations and then left for the NFL? idk about you but i honestly dont think there are very many coaches in college football who could do the job he has done at USC. he had them playing good enough at the end of the year last year that they could have played with bama or lsu. not saying that they would have beat them but USC would have given them all they wanted. I am not a big lane kiffen fan, especailly after what he did to tenessee. but the guy knows how to motivate his players and he is going to be sucessful at USC. Like it or not he is a pretty solid coach. he wouldnt be coaching at USC if he wasnt

Florida State...I just don't get it. They are ranked high every. single. year. And they are mediocre every. single. year. Please, just stop it already. They play in an absolutely pathetic conference, and can never get more than 9 wins in it. 9 wins is not worthy of a top 10 ranking. 25 teams from the "Big 6" won at least 9 games last year. 9 wins has become pretty average.

USC is going to win f'ing everything this year though.

Agreed on the Florida State thing but you can add to that list ND, And Texas.

Okay, look, Kiffen is a really poor coach. They run an offense that is easy to stop IF you have the players to match up which will be the key. The WCO is about as predictable as one hot girl wearing a tank top getting mad at another hot girl wearing a tank top and calling her a slut for wearing a tank top.

Next. The Gamecocks, you have got to be kidding me if you think that is the 8th best team, they had their best team ever last year and lost twice. Next

really??? then how has he been able to keep his players interested and playing hard? how was he able to keep matt barkley there for his senior year? how was he able to keep USC afloat after pete carrol wrecked the ship with NCAA sancations and then left for the NFL? idk about you but i honestly dont think there are very many coaches in college football who could do the job he has done at USC. he had them playing good enough at the end of the year last year that they could have played with bama or lsu. not saying that they would have beat them but USC would have given them all they wanted. I am not a big lane kiffen fan, especailly after what he did to tenessee. but the guy knows how to motivate his players and he is going to be sucessful at USC. Like it or not he is a pretty solid coach. he wouldnt be coaching at USC if he wasnt

Let me dissect:

Players play hard because they like playing hard. Its not like they were losing their first 5 games of the season and packed it in. They played no one, and won, so they kept playing hard...Oh yeah, lots of them want to go to the NFL too.

Convincing Barkley to stay? Really? Ummmm, he wants to win a heisman and be the first pick. Guess what pick he was going to be this year, not first, not second, not third, you get it.

He would not be coaching at USC if he was not a good coach? Huh? Remember Paul Hackett? He coached there and sucked, remember John Robinson the second time? He coached there and sucked.

Heisman contending running back on offense, number one recruit on defense...national championship winning coach...yea what a joke.

Yeah, its a joke. Can they start 3-0, totally, could they lose to Mizzo in game 4? Probably not but there is a chance. Can they lose to UGA even though its at home? Yep. Can they lose to LSU on the road, yep. Can they lose at Florida, yep. Can they lose to Tenn, nope! haha, Can they lose to Ark and Clemson, yep.

So you have 5 games that they "could" lose or where the spread will probably be "close" So lets say they have a magical year and go 4-1 in those games, or say they have a bad year and go 1-4 in those games, could it happen? Sure

Heisman contending running back on offense, number one recruit on defense...national championship winning coach...yea what a joke.

Yeah, its a joke. Can they start 3-0, totally, could they lose to Mizzo in game 4? Probably not but there is a chance. Can they lose to UGA even though its at home? Yep. Can they lose to LSU on the road, yep. Can they lose at Florida, yep. Can they lose to Tenn, nope! haha, Can they lose to Ark and Clemson, yep.

So you have 5 games that they "could" lose or where the spread will probably be "close" So lets say they have a magical year and go 4-1 in those games, or say they have a bad year and go 1-4 in those games, could it happen? Sure

They're not a joke, but a good ways away from a NC contender...

They are a joke when it comes to the preseason ranking, that is what I meant.

I get it, no worries. I think the ranking is warranted but I can understand why you don't. It's a preseason poll after all, more popularity contest than anything else

Oh, I agree completely, I was just rebutting Bucky's statement...

I wonder who ND's paying to be in the top 25, considering the fact that Brian Kelly will be fired by the end of this year...

Oh, I agree completely, I was just rebutting Bucky's statement...

I wonder who ND's paying to be in the top 25, considering the fact that Brian Kelly will be fired by the end of this year...

Rebutting? How? I agree with what you said! I'll show you how to "rebutt"