ESPN Preseason Top-25

QMany

17 is a good place to be. Definitely high enough to make it to a BCS bowl if things go right.

I can't believe Snyder has gotten K-State back into the top 25. Underrated coach.

agree, good starting point, let's see what happens from here.

KSU won't win 10 games this year. Everything went exactly right for them last year. They won every close game they had, 8-4 will be the best they do.

#17 is a good place to start. I can't believe how down some of you guys are about the Huskers. You guys give other teams way too much credit. Everyone else can improve, but NU can't? Wisky doesn't have Wilson anymore and O'brian isn't Wilson. They lose 3 games next year including the 1 against NU. Don't count on Meechicken being a one loss team. They are 1 big hit on DR away from losing 5 games. Heck they sitll could lose 5 games he is as streaky a player as they come. The media just loves DR. He is a good interview counter that with TM who is a lousy interview. They did get lucky a couple of times last year. OSU should be better

I don't know who USC is getting back on defense, but they were VERY fast last year. Oregon was loaded with speed, and could do nothing against USC's defense for most of the game. They are also really scrappy/good tacklers. At times, the Blackshirts play like that, but we just aren't fast or athletic enough to make the plays that USC did.

Offensively, Barkley was scary accurate with most of his passes, and there are a host of receivers that catch most anything thrown their way - Lee comes to mind. They have a couple decent backs to keep porous 12pac defenses honest, too.

Am I saying I want to be USC? No.

....but I wish more of the boys in Red were as fast and athletic...

I don't know who USC is getting back on defense, but they are VERY fast last year. Oregon was loaded with speed, and could do nothing against USC's defense for most of the game. They are also really scrappy/good tacklers. At times, the Blackshirts play like that, but we just aren't fast or athletic enough to make the plays that USC did.

Offensively, Barkley was scary accurate with most of his passes, and there are a host of receivers that catch most anything thrown their way - Lee comes to mind. They have a couple decent backs to keep porous 12pac defenses honest, too.

Am I saying I want to be USC? No.

....but I wish more of the boys in Red were as fast and athletic...

They are basically brining back everyone on defense except Nick Perry.