(OSU) Recruit spooked over sex offender pic

ADS

http://www.landgrantholyland.com/2012/5/3/2997917/twitter-sex-offender-bdubstriviaguru

Eric Waugh, or @Bdubstriviaguru as he was known to Ohio State student athletes and fellow fans, had become somewhat under siege. Mostly made up of fans from rival schools, individuals began putting him on blast through the medium, calling him "creepy", "weird", and on to the sort of jawing you'd expect from one rival fan base to another after seeing someone so publicly engage in such irregular behavior.

Waugh himself went on the defensive, professing to be "misunderstood", and ultimately responding to the aforementioned along with a few other individuals who raised objections and spoke openly of notifying Ohio State compliance to make them aware of prospective tampering with recruits.

Alex Anzalone has already decommited.

I occasionally looked at Cam Burrows twitter account b/c he regularly kept up with the other recruits and it seemed that Cam retweeted this dude's "inspirational tweets" every day #total sh#t storm.

I honestly don't quite understand all the parts of this.

So far I got a pedophile fan was tweeting and spending time with these kids. Whats with the decommits?

Alex was drinking on a UNOFFICIAL VISIT. Unofficials are not the responsibility of the University. Daddy Anzalone is trying to pass the blame to OSU when he his son screwed up under his father's watch.

Hate to break it to his father but pedos are still allowed in restaurants and clubs. How about his son show some better judgment and not be so incredibly naive.

I honestly don't quite understand all the parts of this.

So far I got a pedophile fan was tweeting and spending time with these kids. Whats with the decommits?

Alex was drinking on a UNOFFICIAL VISIT. Unofficials are not the responsibility of the University. Daddy Anzalone is trying to pass the blame to OSU when he his son screwed up under his father's watch.

Hate to break it to his father but pedos are still allowed in restaurants and clubs. How about his son show some better judgment and not be so incredibly naive.

Thanks. That makes sense then.

LOL

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/7892108/ohio-state-recruit-decommits-convicted-sex-offender-posted-photo-internet-junior-linebacker

Sounds like Alex had no say in the matter. Daddy Anzalone really doesn't trust his son(who is a 6-3 linebacker) to handle himself. Helicopter dad if ever there was one.

Not saying he shouldn't be concerned but he is really clueless about the world.

Top linebacker recruit not going to Ohio State because of sex offender

CBSSports.com wire reports

But Anzalone, of Wyomissing, Pa., will reopen his recruiting process, after being contacted by Charles Eric Waugh, 31, of Ashland, Ky. In 2008, Waugh pleaded guilty to five counts of possession of underage sexual content. And this year, across Twitter, he contacted several Ohio State coaches athletes, and even recruits, including Anzalone. He also posed for photos with some of them.

Dr. Sal Anzalone, Alex's father, told the Reading (Pa.) Eagle late Friday that "something is just not right at Ohio State. It's not for him."

LINK

Another article on this developing scandal.

This guy Waugh is a program's worst nightmare. Creepy.

There are weird and obsessed people in every fan base, this guy just happens to be a pedophile as well.

As far as the specifics of what he did, like others have said, I find following college players to be creepy. As much as they might seem like professional adults they really aren't. They're teenagers and young men who are, or at least should be, doing this football thing on the side. As a grown man I have no reason to want to follow the everyday life of some 18 year old kid, I'll root for him on the football field but his twitter, facebook and the rest of his private life are his own and of little interest to me.

• Fire 1

LOL

http://espn.go.com/c...nior-linebacker

Sounds like Alex had no say in the matter. Daddy Anzalone really doesn't trust his son(who is a 6-3 linebacker) to handle himself. Helicopter dad if ever there was one.

Haha, sex offender causes tOSU to lose a recruit, Buckeye fan blames the recruit's dad. Nice, thats nice.

Man though, that dude must really love Buffalo Wild Wings' trivia. Maybe I should change my own twitter handle to something like @brewskyskeno

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/top-recruit-reneges-from-ohio-state-over-photo-with-sex-offender-050512/

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP)

An Ohio State recruit has told the Buckeyes he will not attend the university, according to several published reports, amid concern that a convicted sex offender had interactions with players and recruits associated with the program.

Alex Anzalone, one of the nation's top linebacker recruits, committed to Ohio State last month in what was turning out to be a stellar class for new coach Urban Meyer

LOL

http://espn.go.com/c...nior-linebacker

Haha, sex offender causes tOSU to lose a recruit, Buckeye fan blames the recruit's dad. Nice, thats nice.

Man though, that dude must really love Buffalo Wild Wings' trivia. Maybe I should change my own twitter handle to something like @brewskyskeno

Please at least pretend like you know what you're talking about. Maybe do a little research next time.

Alex wanted to come here. He still does. Daddy never wanted him to.

Woody:

Does the Lewis Neal decommitment have anything to do with this dude as well?

I haven't heard about any connections so far between Neil and the pedo freak.

I had just assumed it was because he was starting to get offered by bigger southern schools(LSU just offered a few days ago)

If anything comes out it will probably be in the next week or so(not necessarily publicly) but I am definitely keeping an eye on it.