(OSU) Recruit spooked over sex offender pic

ADS

There are weird and obsessed people in every fan base, this guy just happens to be a pedophile as well.

As far as the specifics of what he did, like others have said, I find following college players to be creepy. As much as they might seem like professional adults they really aren't. They're teenagers and young men who are, or at least should be, doing this football thing on the side. As a grown man I have no reason to want to follow the everyday life of some 18 year old kid, I'll root for him on the football field but his twitter, facebook and the rest of his private life are his own and of little interest to me.

Well I root for them to get their degree but yeah your point is well made.

The jocksniffers piss me off.

Top linebacker recruit not going to Ohio State because of sex offender

CBSSports.com wire reports

But Anzalone, of Wyomissing, Pa., will reopen his recruiting process, after being contacted by Charles Eric Waugh, 31, of Ashland, Ky. In 2008, Waugh pleaded guilty to five counts of possession of underage sexual content. And this year, across Twitter, he contacted several Ohio State coaches athletes, and even recruits, including Anzalone. He also posed for photos with some of them.

Dr. Sal Anzalone, Alex's father, told the Reading (Pa.) Eagle late Friday that "something is just not right at Ohio State. It's not for him."

LINK

Another article on this developing scandal.

This guy Waugh is a program's worst nightmare. Creepy.

That was released before the ESPN article. Sounds like two completely different people too.

I would agree.. but his dad got mad saying that OSU should not let those people near kids.. i dont know the whole story, but those are usually open to the public.. they cant make everyone fill out a background check...

It is creepy tho.. dont deny that... but it could happen at any school.

Believe me I firmly believe that these type of people should where Bracelets at all times and kept tract of. I also think that being Drawn and quartered would even be better. If you had ever had an experience With a offender that had involved your kids to even the slightest your opinion would not differ from mine I assure you. I think it would absolutely be apauling if the U new that this person was there and let him interact with the KIDS because thats what they still are. He may have wanted out anyway but anyone who would support a child molester or just a sex offender is a pile of fecies. IMO

• Fire 1

I would agree.. but his dad got mad saying that OSU should not let those people near kids.. i dont know the whole story, but those are usually open to the public.. they cant make everyone fill out a background check...

The picture was taken at the Spring game. I hardly think the university would have been able to perform 81,000+ background checks in addition to anyone who was around the stadium within the span of two weeks.

As said, this was a cop out excuse.

Believe me I firmly believe that these type of people should where Bracelets at all times and kept tract of. I also think that being Drawn and quartered would even be better. If you had ever had an experience With a offender that had involved your kids to even the slightest your opinion would not differ from mine I assure you. I think it would absolutely be apauling if the U new that this person was there and let him interact with the KIDS because thats what they still are. He may have wanted out anyway but anyone who would support a child molester or just a sex offender is a pile of fecies. IMO

I agree that this is horrible.. but the fact is, OSU cant control who walks in there stadium any better than any other university...

It is horrible but this is not tOSU fault... it is a perverts fault.

There's another thread on this, but maybe that one could be merged over here since this one has a topic title that actually tells what it's about.

I don't find any fault with OSU, since there's no way they could control this. It's not like they set up a recruiting trip and arranged with him to meet with a pedophile.

But I don't see this as a cop out. Kids choose colleges for all kinds of reasons. Often it's just a feeling or a single event that puts them for or against a school. You can hardly blame the kid for not being comfortable there with this incident. Logically it could happen anywhere, but it didn't.

The father was out of line with his comments. As a parent, I can understand how emotional you get when your kid has such an incident, but I think he could've just limited his comments to saying his son was no longer comfortable with going there and he is de-committing to look at other places.

tOSU obsession, and Twitter freak. It'll be funny when they out the guy as one of the posters on the tOSU message boards. There's almost no way he's NOT a poster. :lol:

I like my women of legal age and actually probably no younger than 25, so it's not me.

tOSU obsession, and Twitter freak. It'll be funny when they out the guy as one of the posters on the tOSU message boards. There's almost no way he's NOT a poster. :lol:

I like my women of legal age and actually probably no younger than 25, so it's not me.

It would be REALLY funny if there was a witch hunt over on the tOSU boards. Perhaps you should start a thread asking who it is. :lol:

It would be REALLY funny if there was a witch hunt over on the tOSU boards. Perhaps you should start a thread asking who it is. :lol:

If anything it would be a member of the scout boards :P I'm not a member of them.

If anything it would be a member of the scout boards :P I'm not a member of them.

Ha ha! No way. The guy is a Bucknut freak. He's a member of ALL the boards. Almost a certainty. Heck, you probly friended the guy. Maybe he even hacked into your HD and is using to store--uhhhh--content. :lol:

Ha ha! No way. The guy is a Bucknut freak. He's a member of ALL the boards. Almost a certainty. Heck, you probly friended the guy. Maybe he even hacked into your HD and is using to store--uhhhh--content. :lol:

Computer security is my job. If he did that, I need to be fired. :D