(OSU) Recruit spooked over sex offender pic

ADS

I hope i am not stirring the pot, but...

Anzalone_Meyer.jpg

So its not ok for recruits for wear football team jerseys but its ok for him to wear title championship rings? Should i be on the phone with the NCAA for possible violations? :sarcasm

I hope i am not stirring the pot, but...

Anzalone_Meyer.jpg

So its not ok for recruits for wear football team jerseys but its ok for him to wear title championship rings? Should i be on the phone with the NCAA for possible violations? :sarcasm

You can wear the team's jersey s long as you don't have their name on it. (Can be whatever their number is in high school though)

I would agree.. but his dad got mad saying that OSU should not let those people near kids.. i dont know the whole story, but those are usually open to the public.. they cant make everyone fill out a background check...

It is creepy tho.. dont deny that... but it could happen at any school.

Believe me I firmly believe that these type of people should where Bracelets at all times and kept tract of. I also think that being Drawn and quartered would even be better. If you had ever had an experience With a offender that had involved your kids to even the slightest your opinion would not differ from mine I assure you. I think it would absolutely be apauling if the U new that this person was there and let him interact with the KIDS because thats what they still are. He may have wanted out anyway but anyone who would support a child molester or just a sex offender is a pile of fecies. IMO

I agree that this is horrible.. but the fact is, OSU cant control who walks in there stadium any better than any other university...

It is horrible but this is not tOSU fault... it is a perverts fault.

Yeah I agree It is the perverts fault and more or less the gov't I guess I was just ranting

Sal Anzalone clarifies his original comments

Sal Anzalone had no idea of the firestorm that would erupt when his son, Wyomissing football star Alex Anzalone, de-committed from Ohio State Friday afternoon.

In the hours that followed, the story, reported by the Reading Eagle and published on its website early Friday evening, went national - viral in, fact.

News websites and blogs across the nation picked up on Sal Anzalone's comments criticizing Ohio State for allowing his son to come in contact with, and be photographed with, a known sex offender who is Buckeyes football fan.

By midnight the Reading Eagle's website had logged nearly 50,000 hits on the story.

.../cont/...

And the actual comments...

.../snip/...

"I want people to understand, I have no beef with Ohio State, at all," Sal Anzalone said. "My issue is not with Ohio State: It's a great institution, they have a phenomenal president, Urban Meyer is nothing but a class act to me.

"There's nothing wrong with Ohio State; it's a great institution. When I said there was something wrong with Ohio State, I was talking about the visit - there was something wrong with the visit, not with Ohio State."

Sal Anzalone said that Meyer called Friday evening, but did not wish to provide any details about that conversation.

"We can't implicate Ohio State for what happened (during that visit)," Sal Anzalone said. "That's wrong. That had nothing to do with the university itself. I don't hold them accountable; they're not responsible for what fans do; it's not their fault."

After saying Friday that Alex would no longer consider attending Ohio State, Sal Anzalone said the Buckeyes are back in the picture, but that his son - an All-State linebacker and one of the top recruits in the nation - needs time to reassess the situation.

"With all the craziness, we want to slow down the process, calm it down a little bit," Sal Anzalone said. "There's no reason we wouldn't consider the Buckeyes. We love Ohio State. The academic opportunities there are tremendous."

.../cont/...

Personally I think Alex just got cold feet after making a quick commit, coincidentally the creepy stalker story just happened to come along at the same time resulting in his dad making some emotional comments that were then taken out of context and blown out of proportion by the usual "negative Ohio State news = big hits" news machine.

A year from now we'll see random message board fans saying "Hey remember when that pervert who worked at Ohio State tried to molest a bunch of football players and the school tried to cover it up? I always knew the Buckeyes were shady!"

Like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of our lives.

Sal Anzalone clarifies his original comments

Sal Anzalone had no idea of the firestorm that would erupt when his son, Wyomissing football star Alex Anzalone, de-committed from Ohio State Friday afternoon.

In the hours that followed, the story, reported by the Reading Eagle and published on its website early Friday evening, went national - viral in, fact.

News websites and blogs across the nation picked up on Sal Anzalone's comments criticizing Ohio State for allowing his son to come in contact with, and be photographed with, a known sex offender who is Buckeyes football fan.

By midnight the Reading Eagle's website had logged nearly 50,000 hits on the story.

.../cont/...

And the actual comments...

.../snip/...

"I want people to understand, I have no beef with Ohio State, at all," Sal Anzalone said. "My issue is not with Ohio State: It's a great institution, they have a phenomenal president, Urban Meyer is nothing but a class act to me.

"There's nothing wrong with Ohio State; it's a great institution. When I said there was something wrong with Ohio State, I was talking about the visit - there was something wrong with the visit, not with Ohio State."

Sal Anzalone said that Meyer called Friday evening, but did not wish to provide any details about that conversation.

"We can't implicate Ohio State for what happened (during that visit)," Sal Anzalone said. "That's wrong. That had nothing to do with the university itself. I don't hold them accountable; they're not responsible for what fans do; it's not their fault."

After saying Friday that Alex would no longer consider attending Ohio State, Sal Anzalone said the Buckeyes are back in the picture, but that his son - an All-State linebacker and one of the top recruits in the nation - needs time to reassess the situation.

"With all the craziness, we want to slow down the process, calm it down a little bit," Sal Anzalone said. "There's no reason we wouldn't consider the Buckeyes. We love Ohio State. The academic opportunities there are tremendous."

.../cont/...

Personally I think Alex just got cold feet after making a quick commit, coincidentally the creepy stalker story just happened to come along at the same time resulting in his dad making some emotional comments that were then taken out of context and blown out of proportion by the usual "negative Ohio State news = big hits" news machine.

A year from now we'll see random message board fans saying "Hey remember when that pervert who worked at Ohio State tried to molest a bunch of football players and the school tried to cover it up? I always knew the Buckeyes were shady!"

Like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of our lives.

:violin