Who is the #2 football player on the team?

Stop rippin' on our WRs, big bad meanie :(

I think the general observation I have after reading through this thread is that we are lacking in the superstar-power department compared to recent years. Also really gotta disagree about Green matching Fonzie's level at the end of the year. I think it's jumping the gun a little bit based on a couple of nice plays that he had, and also a lot of devaluing of Fonz for a couple of punches at the end of his career.

It doesn't necessarily mean this year will turn out badly, but if we do have superstars on our team this year - the Lavonte, Fonz, Prince, Suh's, etc, that we've enjoyed in recent years - they are going to have to arrive on that stage during this season.

Rule #1 of Huskerboard. It's always okay to bash the WR corps at Nebraska for dropping balls. It's never NEVER! okay to bash the guy with the fuk'd up delivery that's throwing those balls at them. Hmmm.....why did that guy spend time with a QB coach......it must have been because his WR's kept dropping the ball.

• Fire 1

Also really gotta disagree about Green matching Fonzie's level at the end of the year.

After rewatching the bowl game I'd have to say Green outplayed Dennard. That's beyond question. The caveat being he wasn't asked to cover Jeffery as much. But when he did, unlike Dennard, he could actually cover him. He played just as well as Dennard from midseason on. Again, he wasn't asked to cover the other team's #1 as much, but I think QBs tested him more than they did Dennard. It's fair to say he held his own. I have to give him credit for a job well done, and completely turning his season around.

Rule #1 of Huskerboard. It's always okay to bash the WR corps at Nebraska for dropping balls. It's never NEVER! okay to bash the guy with the fuk'd up delivery that's throwing those balls at them. Hmmm.....why did that guy spend time with a QB coach......it must have been because his WR's kept dropping the ball.

I think that mostly just applies to bshirt, and you get all pouty about it and call out the whole board.

• Fire 1

Except lots of QB's spend time with a special QB coach that aren't constantly ribbed by their own fanbase.

Except they dropped boatloads of Z. Lee's passes too. Hmmm......

• Fire 1

Except lots of QB's spend time with a special QB coach that aren't constantly ribbed by their own fanbase.

If their throwing motion looks like a "shot put" and they have the personality of a carrot.... i bet they do! ::D

Except they dropped boatloads of Z. Lee's passes too. Hmmm......

Wasn't Zac a Senior when a true freshman took his starting job at QB.....Yep, Zac was an all star. That's for sure. Holy cow, where do you find these people.

Also really gotta disagree about Green matching Fonzie's level at the end of the year.

After rewatching the bowl game I'd have to say Green outplayed Dennard. That's beyond question. The caveat being he wasn't asked to cover Jeffery as much. But when he did, unlike Dennard, he could actually cover him. He played just as well as Dennard from midseason on. Again, he wasn't asked to cover the other team's #1 as much, but I think QBs tested him more than they did Dennard. It's fair to say he held his own. I have to give him credit for a job well done, and completely turning his season around.

thank you