Who is the #2 football player on the team?

If he plays like he did at the end of last season, I'd probably say Andrew Green.

He's come a long way but it seems a stretch to say that he'd be as dominant as the #2 best player on the team. Maybe he makes that leap, I'd be delighted.

Hopefully it is somebody on D though. Maybe Cam Meredith returns to form. How did Baker do last year? Seemed he was mostly invisible or maybe the focus was just elsewhere.

Unfortunately he doesn't have to be dominate to be the second best player on the team since Burkhead isn't really all that dominate to begin with. He was however playing just as well as Dennard at the end of the year.

If he plays like he did at the end of last season, I'd probably say Andrew Green.

He's come a long way but it seems a stretch to say that he'd be as dominant as the #2 best player on the team. Maybe he makes that leap, I'd be delighted.

Hopefully it is somebody on D though. Maybe Cam Meredith returns to form. How did Baker do last year? Seemed he was mostly invisible or maybe the focus was just elsewhere.

Unfortunately he doesn't have to be dominate to be the second best player on the team since Burkhead isn't really all that dominate to begin with. He was however playing just as well as Dennard at the end of the year.

But he wasn't playing as well as Dennard at the end of 10'. Marvin was missed...I for one am thrilled to see a new face coaching back there.

But he wasn't playing as well as Dennard at the end of 10'. Marvin was missed...I for one am thrilled to see a new face coaching back there.

Wholeheartedly agree.

Rex is clearly the most talented player on this team by FAR. Behind him though, I'd say Jamal Turner is the next best athlete on this team. Eric Martin could also be in the conversation of top talent on this team. Ben Cotton sure get's over looked a lot, but we sure missed that guy when he got hurt. I'd say Ben is right there among the top ball players on this team as well.

Rex is clearly the most talented player on this team by FAR. Behind him though, I'd say Jamal Turner is the next best athlete on this team. Eric Martin could also be in the conversation of top talent on this team. Ben Cotton sure get's over looked a lot, but we sure missed that guy when he got hurt. I'd say Ben is right there among the top ball players on this team as well.

I agree with Ben Cotton, I'd probably change my nomination to him.

I don't understand the Eric Martin thing though. He's made a few great hits on special teams, I don't see how that translates to top talent.

Here is another look at it: If was running an NFL franchise, and my draft strategy was to get the best possible player available...ignoring need/position/etc, (essentially drafting all backup players to my current roster)...and I could only draft from the Huskers, from this team I'd draft in this order - top 10.

1) Rex

2) Long

3) Stein

4) Green

5) Stafford

6) Enunwa (based on body type)

7) Choi (based on potential for development in the NFL)

8) Ben Cotton

9) Turner

10) Compton

NFL team needs are as relevant to this discussion as NBA team needs. It's a totally different football philosophy at that level.

i was just using the draft as an example...in theory if you have no "needs" then you draft the best available player on the board at that time. call it kickball, whatever. that's my top 10 list of the best available on the Nebraska roster if I was building a team. I bumped Stein down a notch.