Early expectations for this year.

there are no guarantees in life, but keeping him for 2-3 more years may be a stretch too......if you can't understand that the next 2 years are critical for Pelini as a head coach, wherever he goes, then you are simply kidding yourself.....his immediate career as a HC is in the balance for the next 2 years here.

According to "who"? The always ultra reliable Internet rumors??

If Bo wins 9 or 10 games a year there's a mathematical and statistical zero chance TO goes the Pedeyshine (terminal brain-dead) mode and fires him. That's simply not going to happen. TO retiring and we bringing in another colossal failure AD could possibly bring that scenario around but not TO.

Every year is critical and the next two don't trump any other years.

• Fire 2

there are no guarantees in life, but keeping him for 2-3 more years may be a stretch too......if you can't understand that the next 2 years are critical for Pelini as a head coach, wherever he goes, then you are simply kidding yourself.....his immediate career as a HC is in the balance for the next 2 years here.

If Bo wins 9 or 10 games a year there's a mathematical and statistical zero chance TO goes the Pedeyshine (terminal brain-dead) mode and fires him. That's simply not going to happen. TO retiring and we bringing in another colossal failure AD could possibly bring that scenario around but not TO.

I guess you don't understand that the next two years are the first two with just his recruits. From this point forward, it will show how well he has recruited and where the program is really heading. In college football, the first four years of a HC's career, he's using mainly the players that the previous coach recruited.

• Fire 1

I guess you don't understand that the next two years are the first two with just his recruits. From this point forward, it will show how well he has recruited and where the program is really heading. In college football, the first four years of a HC's career, he's using mainly the players that the previous coach recruited.

my point, exactly..thank you......i hope he makes the grade, constantly bringing in new coaches is not good for any program, but you can't ride the coat tails of potential forever....

my point, exactly..thank you......i hope he makes the grade, constantly bringing in new coaches is not good for any program, but you can't ride the coat tails of potential forever....

No, but you can't look at 9 wins minimum as a "failure" either.

tell you what....i will give him not 3 but 4 more years to win a CC, if not he is a failure in my book...fair enough?

Okay, was anyone happy with this year, we won 9 games. We won 9 last year.

This year we win 9 games with losses to UCLA, Southern Miss and say Michigan State, and another blown bowl game.

Will any be happy with where we are headed, will your faith start to turn or will you steadfastly state 9 games is good enough.

It never has been for Nebraska, even Tom felt the heat, that and losing to our rival nearly every year. Then you could hang on with that type of performance, can you now days is the question.

I was very happy after the Arizona game, but not so much lately. Again not because of the losses, I expect losses every year. But a team that was not prepared to play on numerous times. How does Bo correct that?

As to the question as to who we would want, TCU coach comes to mind, Jim Grobe at Wake Forest, Peterson at Boise state, I would not mind having the Arkansas State head coach. There are plenty out there with the pedigree of Bo's or even better for that matter.

He is not this shinnning prima donna that all hale as the greatest, we do here, but that is about the only place he is considered a god send. I understand why, but if he were to leave, on his own or shown the door, with the right money pretty much anyone is available. But we do not like to spend money on coaches, proven track record there since Tom took over.

Again, I do not want him fired, way to much negative to come from it, starting over, finding the right guy on and on. I just want to see marked improvement year to year. This is his first year of seeing his type of player on the field, I hope they are as good as he thinks they are, as are recruiting in the Big is totally in the toilet it seems to me. We have 1 top 300 big ten athlete, Michigan has 17 tonight I think.

tell you what....i will give him not 3 but 4 more years to win a CC, if not he is a failure in my book...fair enough?

Well you're free to think whatever you wish about Bo regardless of what Nebraska does. But I think Nebraska wins the Big 10 this year.

Well you're free to think whatever you wish about Bo regardless of what Nebraska does. But I think Nebraska wins the Big 10 this year.

Well, then. That makes your other assumptions and ramblings easier to understand. :koolaid2:

. . . there's a certain segment of our fans base whose connection to reality is tenous at best.

I hope you'll allow me to borrow your quote because I think that it's quite applicable here.

Again . . . I hope that you're right but I don't think someone who expects Nebraska to win the Big 10 this year has much room to accuse others of being disconnected from reality.

Oh really? Based on "what"?

Even playing in a new conference, with a new OC, the toughest schedule in the Big10 and injuries to two of our three best blackshirts still ended up with nine wins. Beating Penn State, Ohio State & Michigan St may not impress an internet genius like you, but to me nine wins under those circumstances isn't bad at all.

Pray tell, why is it "disconnected from reality" to realistically expect/hope we can win the Big10? I've read the posts from you Debbie Downers about how incredibly invincible Michigan is. Well gee, Michigan St has beat them the last four years in a row & we stuffed the Spartans. Also, they play us in "Lincoln" this year along with them having to go on the road to Purdue & Ohio State (Alabama & Notre Dame on the road won't help them either). I just don't see them as everywhere near the unstoppable machine you do.

Ohio State can't play in the ccg this year and Wisconsin loses studs everywhere (including their best qb "ever"). Not to mention they too play us in "Lincoln" this year.

So I guess I'm so "disconnected from reality" I just can't figure out why we don't have a good a shot as anybody else. Oh well......

GBR!!

Scheduling and injuries will have a LOT to do with how our year turns out. Like every year. Our schedule isn't nearly as brutal as it was last year. We face Michigan, Penn State and Wisconsin in Lincoln. Playing those teams on the road last year was brutal. The worst road game we have this season is Ohio State. And I'll guarantee you that Bo will have our guys up for the Buckeyes. As for injuries, well that 's just a crapshoot. If we stay healthy, have a few breaks fall our way--then sure we *could* win the B1G 10. We're not the favorite. But it could happen.

Scheduling and injuries will have a LOT to do with how our year turns out. Like every year. Our schedule isn't nearly as brutal as it was last year. We face Michigan, Penn State and Wisconsin in Lincoln. Playing those teams on the road last year was brutal. The worst road game we have this season is Ohio State. And I'll guarantee you that Bo will have our guys up for the Buckeyes. As for injuries, well that 's just a crapshoot. If we stay healthy, have a few breaks fall our way--then sure we *could* win the B1G 10. We're not the favorite. But it could happen.

unfortunately, Urban will own Bo in this match up..........

unfortunately, Urban will own Bo in this match up..........

I guess since you know that already you won't even need to watch the game.

Oh really? Based on "what"?

Even playing in a new conference, with a new OC, the toughest schedule in the Big10 and injuries to two of our three best blackshirts still ended up with nine wins. Beating Penn State, Ohio State & Michigan St may not impress an internet genius like you, but to me nine wins under those circumstances isn't bad at all.

Pray tell, why is it "disconnected from reality" to realistically expect/hope we can win the Big10? I've read the posts from you Debbie Downers about how incredibly invincible Michigan is. Well gee, Michigan St has beat them the last four years in a row & we stuffed the Spartans. Also, they play us in "Lincoln" this year along with them having to go on the road to Purdue & Ohio State (Alabama & Notre Dame on the road won't help them either). I just don't see them as everywhere near the unstoppable machine you do.

Ohio State can't play in the ccg this year and Wisconsin loses studs everywhere (including their best qb "ever"). Not to mention they too play us in "Lincoln" this year.

So I guess I'm so "disconnected from reality" I just can't figure out why we don't have a good a shot as anybody else. Oh well......

GBR!!

Internet genius? :ahhhhhhhh

Why are you angry? We can hold different opinions about the likely outcome of this season and still cheer for the same team, right? Perhaps you'd like to give one of those "if you don't expect Nebraska to win every game next year you aren't a true fan" arguments. Maybe that will help you get through the day. ;)