Early expectations for this year.

I'm not angry, just sick & tired of all the ultra negative posts.

Perhaps you'd like to give one of those "if you don't expect Nebraska to lose almost every game next year you aren't a realistic fan" arguments? Maybe that will help you get through the day?

You're the one who claims anyone who expects NU to win the Big10 is "disconnected from reality". I have no idea what "reality" you're connected to but honestly I'd rather not find out.

I will never understand that idea that if you do not agree with someone you are not a true fan. Where does true fan come from, how do you get that status? Buy everything you are being told by staff and the internet guru's. Never question anything, know in your heart that Nebraska will never lose.

We have some tough games, we won some last year, doubt we beat Ohio State, had their QB not gotten hurt, Michigan State on the end of one of the toughtest runs in college football last year, and Penn State with JoPa on the sidelines may have been different. We won the games, but there was a lot of luck in them. We also flopped with Northwestern in our house (so much for the other top three being terrified to play here, that no longer exists in my mind) Of course we may have won all of them to. That is why we play the games guys, not a single person knows what is going to happen. We all want to win every single game, return to the top of college football, every single one of us. I quit burying my head in the sand during clownahan. Look at things how they are, hope for the best, but stay off suicide watch when they don't go as planned.

I see no way of us winning the CC. Michigan will come in here an destroy us I am afraid, Wisconsin has proven over the last ten years that they just reload, I see no difference this year. Ohio State at home with Meyer is going to kill us I am afraid. Those are three losses that I think anyone outside of Nebraska would be worried about, I doubt we will be favored in any of them. Now of course if Taylor has improved to the level some are saying then we are a player, if the OL can protect him and open holes for Rex. Again most of my doubts about this team are on the OL and DL, da skers has lessened my doubt, but it is still there.

I think I have convinced the other half to go to the UCLA game, she is not excited about it, but says she will go. I will be there if she will go, not sure if I will have the tailgate this year, kinda of a flop the last two at Qualcom. Would love to do it if we could get the USC turnout, over 700 fed and provided the needed spirits.

Again never think because I do not feel we will be very good this year, makes me less of a Nebraska fan. I have been for over 50 years and will die one. No I do not like Pelini, but I feel he is doing an okay job, much better than I expected, but still feel he has a lot to learn about being a head coach, let alone the head coach of Nebraska

• Fire 1

You're the one who claims anyone who expects NU to win the Big10 is "disconnected from reality".

Yep. And I stand by it. Could we win the Big 10? You bet. Absolutely. Are we the favorites or should we expect to win the Big 10? No.

Believe what you want. We'll find out soon enough and I hope that you're right and I'm wrong.

You're the one who claims anyone who expects NU to win the Big10 is "disconnected from reality".

Yep. And I stand by it. Could we win the Big 10? You bet. Absolutely. Are we the favorites or should we expect to win the Big 10? No.

Believe what you want. We'll find out soon enough and I hope that you're right and I'm wrong.

I hope I am too. :P

Either way. I'll buy you a cold beer.

GBR!!

Well if you are both coming to the UCLA game I will provided both of you all you can drink, again if the numbers come up to reasonable standards, I threw away many cases of beer after the Washington game last year. I do not drink and the wife is not a beer drinker, keep her away fromt he Margarita's though.

Scheduling and injuries will have a LOT to do with how our year turns out. Like every year. Our schedule isn't nearly as brutal as it was last year. We face Michigan, Penn State and Wisconsin in Lincoln. Playing those teams on the road last year was brutal. The worst road game we have this season is Ohio State. And I'll guarantee you that Bo will have our guys up for the Buckeyes. As for injuries, well that 's just a crapshoot. If we stay healthy, have a few breaks fall our way--then sure we *could* win the B1G 10. We're not the favorite. But it could happen.

unfortunately, Urban will own Bo in this match up..........

I guess since you know that already you won't even need to watch the game.

i watch them all, the good, the bad and the ugly......even though we lose this game, i will be looking for bright spots.....especially coaching and determined play for 4 quarters by the whole team.....we need to get this much in every game, before we can expect more.

I hope I am too. :P

Either way. I'll buy you a cold beer.

GBR!!

:cheers

Okay, was anyone happy with this year, we won 9 games. We won 9 last year.

This year we win 9 games with losses to UCLA, Southern Miss and say Michigan State, and another blown bowl game.

Will any be happy with where we are headed, will your faith start to turn or will you steadfastly state 9 games is good enough.

If those were the games we lose, that would most likely make us the Big Ten champs. So yes, I'd be fairly happy with that.

And no I wasn't "happy" about this year, but I'm capable of having more than just two emotions. There's more to the spectrum of human emotion than just happy and disgruntled.

It doesn't matter what the kool-aid drinkers and negative nellie's and internet trolls think.

It does matter what the wealthy alums think, and many of them are straddling the fence on Bo Pelini, as both a coach and a representative of the University of Nebraska.

Next two seasons are crucial. That's all I've been saying. And a 9 win season where we play all four quarters will be an improvement over a 9 win season where the players take entire games off.

Also been saying I expect modest improvement this year, both sides of the ball. That would mean less hand-wringing on this board, making the season nothing less than a miracle.

I cannot say this enough.

There is no way. In Hell. NU loses to UCLA.

Seriously, I'll take any and all bets.

Not saying we'll lose, but UCLA gets just as good of, if not better, recruits than we do. They have some talent on their team

I cannot say this enough.

There is no way. In Hell. NU loses to UCLA.

Seriously, I'll take any and all bets.

If I bet you, I will be hanging around our team with a bad case of the flu for the entire week leading up to the game. You don't want that to happen do you?

Yep. And I stand by it. Could we win the Big 10? You bet. Absolutely. Are we the favorites or should we expect to win the Big 10? No. Believe what you want. We'll find out soon enough and I hope that you're right and I'm wrong.

So you're saying that in realty, we could win the Big 10. Who is "disconnected from realty" now? :P