Pelini puts rep on line with Dennard

From ESPNBoston.

"That isn't who he is, that's never been who he is, and that's not going to be who he is in the future," Pelini says in the piece. "And I put my reputation, and I put everything I stand for as a football coach behind that young man.

"He is a tremendous young man, and one who you want not only representing you as a football player, but the type of kid you want in your community, the type of kid you want representing your organization.

"For four years, I didn't have a problem with that young man in any way. He did things exactly how we asked him to do them here, and the way we handle our kids, we don't make it easy on the kids in our program. We hold them to high standards every single day."

Good for Bo. After the draft or not, he had no reason to say anything. Fonzie is no longer on the team. He is a former Husker. Shows Bo has some leadership qualities. Good to see him actually talking to the press about it.

Yea it is really good to see him back his players and former players thats a great leader right there.

Bo's reputation isn't at stake in Fonzie's future endeavors. Whether he's a football success or off-field bum, it hardly reflects on Bo's reputation.

I just took the title from the article in my ESPN Boston blog feed.

Oh, and also, Bo said this:

"And I put my reputation, and I put everything I stand for as a football coach behind that young man"...

which is where the title comes from. I agree, not that it literally will reflect on his reputation, but it's the statement Bo made, and it's a strong one out in support for Fonz. Good to see.