Predicted SOS - thanks Bucky

The "play tougher non-con schedules to learn about your team" idea flies in the face of the last six BCS Champions, all from the SEC, all of whom played predominantly weak non-con schedules.

I'm not advocating a tough schedule, just some teams that will give us a game. Besides, Alabama played Penn State, who's traditionally a lot tougher than any non-con team we've played in quite some time.

Really? Penn State hasn't been where they traditionally were in years and has a new head coach for the first time in half a century.

We just played a Virginia Tech team that was coming off back to back orange bowls and played USC when they finished #4 in the country and were coming off a National Title game appearance.

How are you guys so comfortable saying MSU will beat Boise? They both lose a lot and while the Spartans should have an edge on defense I think it will be a close game. Sure hope Sparty wins, we need them to with UM playing Bama.

Exactly, I see it going either way, unfortunately.

Peterson doesn't schedule any BCS in the non-conference team that he hasn't roster analyzed at least a year in advance and hasn't seen a distict advantage on that future roster they can exploit to pull of the win. There's a reason they were trying to schedule Nebraska for the year after Zac Lee was a Senior and then abruptly backed away with a bunch of excuses when Martinez was named the starter as a Freshman and they no longer would be facing a brand new QB in his first start.

They get that in Michigan State, they also scheduled to the weakness of Virginia Tech, they purposely scheduled that game the year VT was extremely young on Defense while Boise had a veteran offense in place. They may have an ugly field but they aren't stupid.

Wow...wonder what the team will look like in 2015? Because they'll have to be pretty good to go through that gauntlet unscathed. I think this is the last year NU plays tOSU until 2017 if I'm not mistaken, wonder what they'll look like in 5 years, off of sanctions and after Meyer.

Fixed it for ya.

Haha maybe...but if so...where would he go? He found his dream job, don't see him going to the NFL, so...retirement by then?

The "play tougher non-con schedules to learn about your team" idea flies in the face of the last six BCS Champions, all from the SEC, all of whom played predominantly weak non-con schedules.

I'm not advocating a tough schedule, just some teams that will give us a game. Besides, Alabama played Penn State, who's traditionally a lot tougher than any non-con team we've played in quite some time.

Really? Penn State hasn't been where they traditionally were in years and has a new head coach for the first time in half a century.

We just played a Virginia Tech team that was coming off back to back orange bowls and played USC when they finished #4 in the country and were coming off a National Title game appearance.

Good point! I forgot all about VA Tech. Probably on purpose. . .

How are you guys so comfortable saying MSU will beat Boise? They both lose a lot and while the Spartans should have an edge on defense I think it will be a close game. Sure hope Sparty wins, we need them to with UM playing Bama.

Peterson doesn't schedule any BCS in the non-conference team that he hasn't roster analyzed at least a year in advance and hasn't seen a distict advantage on that future roster they can exploit to pull of the win. There's a reason they were trying to schedule Nebraska for the year after Zac Lee was a Senior and then abruptly backed away with a bunch of excuses when Martinez was named the starter as a Freshman and they no longer would be facing a brand new QB in his first start.

They get that in Michigan State, they also scheduled to the weakness of Virginia Tech, they purposely scheduled that game the year VT was extremely young on Defense while Boise had a veteran offense in place. They may have an ugly field but they aren't stupid.

Also a good point! Haven't even thought of it like that.

I'm not quite so sure on MSU either. Perhaps I don't pay enough attention but they lost their QB, (former) #1 RB, a bunch of WRs and some of their better defenders as well. All that from a team that got thumped by us and ND and won squeakers over Minnesota and OSU. Perhaps they'll pull a 2009 Huskers and win a bunch of games 14-10 but I don't see them having much margin for error.