Predicted SOS - thanks Bucky

Boise won't be that good this season, they lost nearly everyone

They don't have to be good, they just have to be better than teams like New Mexico State, UNLV, Colorado State, Hawaii, and so on and so forth.

Boise will lose to MSU and will lose probably 2-3 more games after that, mark my words

i wouldnt be so quick to discredit boise st. peterson does one hell of a job of preparing his teams for big games if he has a decent amount of time before the game. with this game being the first game of the season he will have quite a while to get his team prepared.

Boise won't be that good this season, they lost nearly everyone

They don't have to be good, they just have to be better than teams like New Mexico State, UNLV, Colorado State, Hawaii, and so on and so forth.

Boise will lose to MSU and will lose probably 2-3 more games after that, mark my words

i wouldnt be so quick to discredit boise st. peterson does one hell of a job of preparing his teams for big games if he has a decent amount of time before the game. with this game being the first game of the season he will have quite a while to get his team prepared.

It helps boatloads when you only have to play one good team a year.

Sure he's a great coach. But when you're only returning 8 starters, and you lose almost every single big player on your team, it isn't going to matter unless you recruit like Nick Saban.

Between MSU, BYU, Southern Miss, Fresno, Wyoming, Nevada, and a Bowl game I see 3 losses. This won't be the top-5 Boise you've gotten used to over the last 5 years.

Sure he's a great coach. But when you're only returning 8 starters, and you lose almost every single big player on your team, it isn't going to matter unless you recruit like Nick Saban.

Between MSU, BYU, Southern Miss, Fresno, Wyoming, Nevada, and a Bowl game I see 3 losses. This won't be the top-5 Boise you've gotten used to over the last 5 years.

I live up here and went to 3 BSU games last year. They will easily be 10-2 this season. They lose to MSU and maybe someone else. They have good players and more importantly they think they are good. They expect to be good and have high expectations. They do have a lot to replace, but they return almost all there top WR and a boat load of guys with experience. The offense will revert back to what they did before KM came into the picture. It will have a duel threat QB with quite a bit of zone read mixed in. They won't be as good, but they don't have to be a great team to win 10 games this year.

Peterson is a great coach and does more with less than a lot of coaches in D-1

Boise State probably has more talent than any of those schools besides Michigan State. Like you said, they've been top 5ish for the last several years, that helps with recruiting. It also helps that they have the academic standards of a clown school.

Of course they do. But they also have inexperience at a ton of key positions. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't be shocked if they go 11-1 or something like that, but I just don't see that. They will probably be favored in all of those games (probably not MSU) but youth will likely cost them a couple of games.

78. Boise State 75.917

These guys have an easier schedule than two thirds of all teams. But I'll predict right now that by mid-October Boise will be complaining that they should be ranked among the top couple of teams in the nation.

If they beat Michigan State that first game, you can guarantee it.

I will say it right now, there is no way they beat MSU. With MUS's defense, and no Kellen Moore I just cannot see them winning that game.

Sparty gonna beat the Broncos like a rented mule.

Something like this. dedhoarse

Boise State probably has more talent than any of those schools besides Michigan State. Like you said, they've been top 5ish for the last several years, that helps with recruiting. It also helps that they have the academic standards of a clown school.

Man, don't rip on clown schools like that.

But yes, I've seen animals at the zoo that could get accepted into Boise

BYU and Southern Miss are the types of teams that we should be playing in the non-con. Kind of like Fresno State and Warshington last season. They're good enough that they're actually going to prepare you for the season, but not good enough to likely give you a mark in the Loss column.

This made me smile. My mom always says, 'Warshington' with an /r/. Gotta love Midwest dialect :)

My high school history teacher always said "George Warshington". It drove me crazy.

BYU and Southern Miss are the types of teams that we should be playing in the non-con. Kind of like Fresno State and Warshington last season. They're good enough that they're actually going to prepare you for the season, but not good enough to likely give you a mark in the Loss column.

This made me smile. My mom always says, 'Warshington' with an /r/. Gotta love Midwest dialect :)

My high school history teacher always said "George Warshington". It drove me crazy.

I knew one that lisped "sPacific Ocean"

How are you guys so comfortable saying MSU will beat Boise? They both lose a lot and while the Spartans should have an edge on defense I think it will be a close game. Sure hope Sparty wins, we need them to with UM playing Bama.

Exactly, I see it going either way, unfortunately.