Kansas is the most regressive tax state in nation

For all you hand ringing libs.....you should pay attention to a few important realities such as Kansas's every two year elections and it's balanced budget requirements which in one form or another nearly all states now have before you are overly concerned about their impending unavoidable catastrophic collapse. Kids.....just be happy that a new and different experiment is underway and wait and see what the result is since it will have no negative impact on you (since you don't live there but if you do....I suggest you become a wealthy business owner asap ;) and if you don't, I still suggest you become a wealthy business owner asap (this thread put KS on my list of now 4 states (Nebr not on the list obviously because it has income tax and nothing particular to offer) as to where I'll open my new financial business :) ).

Oh...I should point out that lawyers are the bane of the U.S. and they should all be subjected to a min tax of 70% but since they comprise 90 some percent of all elected officials one should not expect those vermin to self regulate even in KS today. So....that is one terrible miss in the new legislation.

Lawyers are the bane of the United States? You're blaming the lawyers?

What's a lawyer's job? To win law suits. How do they get paid? By fighting for their litigants' case. Why don't you, instead of blaming the lawyers for doing their jobs, blame the people behind the lawyers. Blame any business that files their respective lawsuits, no matter how inexplicable they are given the circumstances. Blame the idiot people, who thinks that cars can drive themselves on cruise control, despite seeing an ample amount of evidence that indeed cars can not drive themselves on cruise control.

Lawyers are just doing their jobs. And if they turn down a case, someone else will be their to take it for them--not good for the lawyer who just denied the case. It's a dog eat dog world, everywhere, either you get busy making it your own, or someone else will make it theirs.

Lawyers are just doing their jobs.

You sound like you know absolutely nothing BBB. So....you tell me....are you a lawyer? Yes or no?

I'm not. I'm an Engineer and and MBA, the two classes who are most helping the US. The class of lawyer is most hurting the US. Are you a lawyer, BBB?

BTW moron, drug dealers are also just doing their jobs. When you want to "debate" online you should at least try to not bring a pea shooter to a nuclear war.

You sound like you know absolutely nothing BBB. So....you tell me....are you a lawyer? Yes or no?

I'm not. I'm an Engineer and and MBA, the two classes who are most helping the US. The class of lawyer is most hurting the US. Are you a lawyer, BBB?

BTW moron, drug dealers are also just doing their jobs. When you want to "debate" online you should at least try to not bring a pea shooter to a nuclear war.

This is a great example of how not to behave at HuskerBoard. We debate the topic, not the person.

This is a great example of how not to behave at HuskerBoard. We debate the topic, not the person.

You can try and tell him that, chances are he'll just ignore you because you're some big ole flamin' D. ;)

Back to topic:

Drug dealers are doing an illegal job. That would be like you saying people in al-Qaeda are losing their jobs too, no? BTW, I'm not a lawyer, I don't pretend to know exactly how things in the United States operate. I do understand, though, a general picture of current affairs in the United States. I also understand the common sense behind why people do their jobs (such as lawyers--as I've already posted about).

That's great that you're Engineer with a Masters of Business Administration. I'm still in school, working towards my BA in Psychology with a minor in Business. I plan on going to graduate school and earning (whatever the degree is called) my master's in Industrial-Organization Psychology. If you want to know more about what that is, here's the wiki page: http://en.wikipedia....onal_psychology

Edit: The degree is a Masters of Science (MS)

I'm an Engineer and and MBA, the two classes who are most helping the US.

No you're not.

I think Sargon mis-typed: You can be an engineer and have a MBA, and they are two occupations that are helping the US

Excellent points. I also wonder what type of engineer requires capitalization.

• 1 year later...

Fascinating to go back through this thread and look at the opinions. Once again . . . reality has a way of rearing it's ugly head.

Of course, THIS: "Plummeting revenues, underfunded pensions and millions in court-ordered school spending led Moody’s Investors Service on Thursday to cut the state’s credit rating by a notch". . . is the fault of one Barack Hussein Obama . . . and not the idiotic laws passed by the Kansas GOP.

I, for one, am shocked. Shocked! Cue the blaming of pensions, Obama, libruls, etc. It can't be the tax cuts.

http://www.kansascity.com/2014/05/01/4995165/brownback-obama-blame-game-as.html

Fascinating to go back through this thread and look at the opinions. Once again . . . reality has a way of rearing it's ugly head.

Of course, THIS: "Plummeting revenues, underfunded pensions and millions in court-ordered school spending led Moody’s Investors Service on Thursday to cut the state’s credit rating by a notch". . . is the fault of one Barack Hussein Obama . . . and not the idiotic laws passed by the Kansas GOP.

I, for one, am shocked. Shocked! Cue the blaming of pensions, Obama, libruls, etc. It can't be the tax cuts.

http://www.kansascity.com/2014/05/01/4995165/brownback-obama-blame-game-as.html

It's unfortunate that barely a week after this article came out, Missouri did essentially the same. Governor Nixon vetoed it but there were enough votes to over-ride.