Martinez QB Camp Update

From the sounds of things the 3 weeks in CA are almost exclusively on foot work and body positioning. They are working on everything from under center snaps, quick drob backs and even boot leg patterns and where to keep your hips and shoulders when you scramble. One upside is this should also aid him in his running and give him a quicker first step.

Sounds like lots of work throwing into buckets during those situtuations and learning to controll the volocity on his passes. They brought receivers out late in the sessions and it sounds like the feed back from those guys has been very positive. They think the balls are becoming more catchable and there is more consistency in the feel of the pass.

The Manning camp will help him learn to read routes and coverages better. I don't think either place is working specifically on arm mechanics from the sounds of it but both the footwork/ body positioning and the manning camp should have a secondary benefits that will help his throwing motion some.

From the sounds of things the 3 weeks in CA are almost exclusively on foot work and body positioning. They are working on everything from under center snaps, quick drob backs and even boot leg patterns and where to keep your hips and shoulders when you scramble. One upside is this should also aid him in his running and give him a quicker first step.

Sounds like lots of work throwing into buckets during those situtuations and learning to controll the volocity on his passes. They brought receivers out late in the sessions and it sounds like the feed back from those guys has been very positive. They think the balls are becoming more catchable and there is more consistency in the feel of the pass.

The Manning camp will help him learn to read routes and coverages better. I don't think either place is working specifically on arm mechanics from the sounds of it but both the footwork/ body positioning and the manning camp should have a secondary benefits that will help his throwing motion some.

Nicely stated. Taylor has undoubtedly been putting in a lot of work to get better.

I am really happy to see Taylor taking solid initiative to make himself a better player. He not only wants himself to be successful, but in the doing, help the team get more W's.

Yep. Even if he can't be a 'rah-rah' type of guy, I think this season it will be more of a reflection of receivers/O-line than Taylor's mechanics. I really think NU needs the offense to be dominant this year, and hope they can get it done.

Oooh, might we get to see beast mode a la Crouch?

1293300_o.gif

Hell, I'd be ok with this...

1227281_o.gif

Thanks for the memory! This brought a huge smile to my face during a horrible weekend. I love it when the purple people have to STFU!

I can watch that gif a thousand times. And still want to see it again. THe play itself is nothing short of awesome. But the expression on those hapless Mildcat fans---Priceless! :lol:

1293300_o.gif

1227281_o.gif

Thanks for the memory! This brought a huge smile to my face during a horrible weekend. I love it when the purple people have to STFU!

My boss for my internship for this summer is a K-State fan, and he jokingly says he has a special hatred for Taylor Martinez because of this game. Simply awesome!

• Fire 1

I am really happy to see Taylor taking solid initiative to make himself a better player. He not only wants himself to be successful, but in the doing, help the team get more W's.

Yep. Even if he can't be a 'rah-rah' type of guy, I think this season it will be more of a reflection of receivers/O-line than Taylor's mechanics. I really think NU needs the offense to be dominant this year, and hope they can get it done.

I can actually see both facets of the offense improving...I especially see the WR's playing a more productive role and performing better. We'll see.

1293300_o.gif

1227281_o.gif

My boss for my internship for this summer is a K-State fan, and he jokingly says he has a special hatred for Taylor Martinez because of this game. Simply awesome!

Your boss sucks. Find a new job. God knows how long it's gonna take to prove to him how worthless his team is. On second thought...stay. Bragging rights for life bro.

I can actually see both facets of the offense improving...I especially see the WR's playing a more productive role and performing better. We'll see.

I hope so. I don't care so much about his mechanics as I do him getting the ball to receivers that can catch. Hope it's a good year.

I hope so. I don't care so much about his mechanics as I do him getting the ball to receivers that can catch. Hope it's a good year.

I'll be very surprised and greatly disappointed if our offense doesn't take a big step forward. I know stats wise on paper we looked a little worse last year but I always felt like we could move the ball (except maybe 2 games) and get back into the game quickly. I know we killed ourselves at times but many times we started to click. I never felt that way under Watson. I always felt if the defense figure out our game plan and stopped us we were just beating our head against a wall. With Becks set up I feel like he can adjust and if we aren't moving the ball its due to bone head mistakes.

• Fire 1

I'll be very surprised and greatly disappointed if our offense doesn't take a big step forward. I know stats wise on paper we looked a little worse last year but I always felt like we could move the ball (except maybe 2 games) and get back into the game quickly. I know we killed ourselves at times but many times we started to click. I never felt that way under Watson. I always felt if the defense figure out our game plan and stopped us we were just beating our head against a wall. With Becks set up I feel like he can adjust and if we aren't moving the ball its due to bone head mistakes.

We highly relied on the big play with Watson....this offense pounds and pounds you more. It wears defenses down which I love and it is still open for the big play every once in a while. I saw amazing drives against some solid defenses, ie Penn St., Ohio St, Michigan St. and even South Carolina for a portion of the game. I really thought NEB had the bowl game against USC in their hands by half, it was theirs for the taking....the way the NEB offense was running all over 5th ranked defense in the nation in the first half was aaaawesome. I like our chances this year to do some pretty good things, like possibly win 10 to 11 games in the regular season. We have a lot returning on offense and Pelini is taking over the defense, my shades are RED and I am drinking a bit of the Koolaid....just sippin. ; P