Nebraska Day on the BTN

Tomorrow, June 13th, the BTN will show a bunch of Nebraska-centric programming.

8:30am - BTN's Greatest Games: Missouri at Nebraska, 2010 (Roy Helu's record-breaking day)\

3:30pm - BTN Football Game of the Week: Ohio State at Nebraska, 2011 (school record for greatest comeback)

5:30pm - 'NSide Nebraska Athletics

6:00pm - Men's Basketball: Indiana at Nebraska (Doc's final hurrah)

8:00pm - BTN's Greatest Games: 1995 Orange Bowl, Nebraska vs. Miami (It's not where I've been, fat man. It's where I'm going)

10:00pm - BTN's Greatest Games: 1998 Orange Bowl, Nebraska vs. Tennessee (The Passion of Peyton Manning)

12:00am - Big Ten Icons: Tom Osborne

All times Eastern.

• Fire 4

A question--do we know why these are the only games the BTN is showing?

I would think that if they could show a Big XII game from 2010, they could show something like, say, the Game of the Century, the 1996 Fiesta Bowl, the Blowout win against Northwestern, the 2001 NU/OU game, the 1970 LSU/NU Championship Game (thinking the B1G would like to showcase wins against SEC schools...), and the like.

I thought it may be a rights issue, but we're still able to sell past Big XII game broadcasts, and the media rights were assigned to the Big XII after our departure, meaning that we should still retain some of them, yes?

Don't get me wrong--I'm appreciative of the BTN, but I do get tired of them showing the same things over and over again.

They just have to pay for them, and maybe they're not willing to pay whatever the cost is for those games. I'd imagine the rights holders of many of those games know they would be hot commodities with Husker fans, and they're asking a hefty price for their rebroadcast.