Wisconsin fans @ Memorial Stadium

One thing for sure, is that if a Wisconsin player is injured on the field, you won't hear people yelling "Shoot him like a horse!!!"

Really? No sh#$? Fans were yelling that in Wiscy??? Cripes.....

Yup.

Oh I'm sure you'd hear a few hundred Huskers saying the same thing at Memorial. 200 over 90,000, that's a pretty low percentage, but pretty audible when it's quiet. We have our idiots too.

True....every fan base has their jerk-offs.

One thing for sure, is that if a Wisconsin player is injured on the field, you won't hear people yelling "Shoot him like a horse!!!"

Yup.

Oh I'm sure you'd hear a few hundred Huskers saying the same thing at Memorial. 200 over 90,000, that's a pretty low percentage, but pretty audible when it's quiet. We have our idiots too.

Pretty sure you're wrong.

Also pretty sure there's never been a "Eat Sh##" "F### You" chant in Memorial stadium either....

• Fire 1

Yup.

Also pretty sure there's never been a "Eat Sh##" "F### You" chant in Memorial stadium either....

I've heard that one at Wiscy....classless to say the least. Another reason for me to not like their football team.

Yup.

Yet....I stand more with Saunders...even a small percentage of our fans (200 or so) in the stadium....don't stoop that low. There are still jerk-off, crazy fans at Nebraska that get out of hand....we all know that, but a 200 or even 1,000 plus group chanting obscenities, sorry....I don't hear that in Memorial Stadium. By the way....a chant that I've heard was quite loud....I bet more than 200 people partaked in that chant (from a different vid than what Saunders posted). Saunders, how many people in that vid that you posted do you think are chanting that crap!??

Yup.

I'll second this. For the 6 years in a row that I sat in the student section I never once heard anyone degrade an injured player, the closest it ever came was drunk people not understanding why the game was stopped. Last year at the MSU game was the first year a player on the field was directly booed, but with the way he just flopped and then jogged off the field I had no problem with that.

It's hard just to get the BS chant going in the student section after a bad call for godsake.

Here's a link to a live game....wow:

But its OK because allegedly the student sections are "yelling at each other"

They ARE yelling at one another, not opposing fans, it's an unfortunate but very real tradition among students...a remnant of the party culture at UW games pre-Alvarez. The University, AD and adult fans have tried several times to stomp it out and are never successful. It's vulgar but extremely well known. Dont be so vain as to think that song was about you.

If you visited Randall expecting to be coddled and loved on then you didn't do your research and have no one to blame but yourself. The inhospitable climate, of which that chant is a part, was not invented just for NU fans but was probably exaggerated because of your school's reputation for traveling well and talk in the media.

It is what it is. I wish visitors were treated better, I really do but there's not much that can be done that hasn't been already tried. I like that road trips to Madison are often dreaded but think that we can achieve that without the widespread buffoonery, unfortunately most students think that behavior is a requirement. You can still have a good time on an away game there, just know what you're getting in to.

Yup.

This is an example of why Wisconsin is becoming the one team I want us to beat to a pulp. They are #1 on my sh#t-list in the BIG10.

my wife is a very reasonable person...after our visit to Madison last year she hasn't got a single good thing to say about the Badgers..I don't care if it's lacross or college bowling, if Wisconsin's playing it she's rooting against them. I'm right there with her..

1. Miller is hardly the best beer out of WI.

2. UW alum can only get jobs at breweries? 17 UW grads are now CEOs of Fortune 500 companies. That's fourth behind only Columbia, Harvard and Penn...though those could, conceivably still be at breweries...

If you visited Randall expecting to be coddled and loved on then you didn't do your research and have no one to blame but yourself.

I didn't realize that expecting to not be treated like dog sh#t is asking to be "coddled and loved."

An exaggeration obviously. You found your reception less than pleasurable and I believe you. It's too bad.