New Academic Progress Rate scores are in...

Muck

1 and done requirements = lower APR

I'm well aware of the effect it's had on Ohio State's APR, that's the primary reason I asked since I don't equate Nebraska's BB team with a large number of one and done talent level players.

If Nebraska isn't a one year way station for the NBA (and I don't think anyone will seriously argue that it is) and isn't the sort of school which brings in large numbers of academically questionable BB players (which I also don't think it is) then there has to be another reason to explain it's (relatively...let's not forget that 945 isn't anywhere close to the point where the school will be penalized) low APR numbers in the sport.

Did you hear who speaks for the conference commissioners?

http://espn.go.com/c...ootball-playoff

Leaving alone for a moment the complete left field nature of your comment....going by the actual quotes in the article you linked the answer to your question is Delaney, Scott, Slive & Swofford.

Just because they let Swarbick sit in the room as a courtesy doesn't mean he actually speaks for anyone.

Anyways shouldn't you be on Irish Eyes waxing lyrical over a 'national schedule' featuring games in Ames, Waco, Lawrence, Lubbock, Stillwater & Manhattan (KS)?

we win at something. ND Football 970. Our Lowest score is WBBAll at 960.

Sorry but this is the Big Ten portion of huskerboard and you aren't a part of the Big Ten. Go post ND's scores in the independent schools portion of the board or join a conference.

Did you hear who speaks for the conference commissioners?

http://espn.go.com/c...ootball-playoff

Define Irony: The commissioner from the independent school talking about the new playoff that will be favored towards teams who win their conference. :lol:

About the only thing ND will get out of this is getting a guy to speak about it because if the playoff selection comes down to selecting ND vs other BCS schools with similar records and SOS, the BCS school will get picked every time. If you don't think the conference guys are going to want to keep as much of the money in their leagues as possible, you're crazy.

I wonder what the SEC's score is without Vanderbilt

Surprisingly, the SEC comes in pretty high. Makes me wonder what the scores represent. Oh well. If I had gone to a better school than NU I guess I could figure it out for myself.

SEC football 2010-11

Vanderbilt...978

Florida........972

Georgia......970

Alabama.....970

S. Caroliny..966

LSU.............964

Miss St........959

Kentucky.....951

Auburn........943

Arky............936

Ole Miss......933

Tenn...........931

link

edit/ As I look at these scores it makes me wonder how they are calculated. I mean, Kentucky and Mississippi State over Auburn? Come on, really?

Isn't it just a rating to mark the student athletes' process towards graduation? It doesn't factor in the difficulty of the courses/majors or the possible existence of easier courses geared towards athletes so a high score doesn't necessarily tell you the quality of the education the athlete is getting...just that that they will get a degree of some sort eventually.

Isn't it just a rating to mark the student athletes' process towards graduation? It doesn't factor in the difficulty of the courses/majors or the possible existence of easier courses geared towards athletes so a high score doesn't necessarily tell you the quality of the education the athlete is getting...just that that they will get a degree of some sort eventually.

Yes

I wonder what the SEC's score is without Vanderbilt

Surprisingly, the SEC comes in pretty high. Makes me wonder what the scores represent. Oh well. If I had gone to a better school than NU I guess I could figure it out for myself.

SEC football 2010-11

Vanderbilt...978

Florida........972

Georgia......970

Alabama.....970

S. Caroliny..966

LSU.............964

Miss St........959

Kentucky.....951

Auburn........943

Arky............936

Ole Miss......933

Tenn...........931

link

edit/ As I look at these scores it makes me wonder how they are calculated. I mean, Kentucky and Mississippi State over Auburn? Come on, really?

With the tens of millions of dollars at stake don't you think school will learn to "manage" these APRs. How hard is it to steer the players to soft athlete-friendly courses/professors, hire a battery of student tutors and so on. After seeing how some of the players score on the Wonderlic, I think it would be interesting if the NCAA mandated a uniform test for all schools.

• 4 weeks later...

we win at something. ND Football 970. Our Lowest score is WBBAll at 960.

That is especially impressive considering ND doesn't shirt.

I think they shirt, they just aren't allowed to call it that.

They label them by the normal years and then add "5th year seniors." It might be a hold over from when schools fielded freshmen football teams who would play on Friday nights.