5 Bold Predictions for Taylor Martinez

martinez_display_image.jpg?1340817717

Never has a Nebraska quarterback been more polarizing than Taylor Martinez. Entering his third year, the signal-caller has been nothing short of an enigma. In his freshman campaign, Husker fans fell in love with his speed, but despised his character.

His sophomore season began with high expectations. An errant throwing motion and a noticeable decrease in explosiveness, however, marred his second year.

While he seemed to lack the dynamic playmaking ability of his first year as Nebraska's quarterback, Martinez seemed to mature almost over night, winning over Husker Nation with a miraculous come-from-behind victory against Ohio St. in 2011. He began to lead his team.

Martinez will be under the microscope more than ever come September. Many believe he has yet to reach his full potential. This will be the year Martinez emerges as one of the better quarterbacks in 2012.

Martinez Will Rush for over 1,000 Yards

Despite Martinez rushing for 91 yards less in 2011 than he did in 2010, he is still regarded as a dual-threat quarterback. He is able to instill a certain anxiety within opposing defenses that few quarterbacks can do. Even though Martinez wasn't nearly as explosive in his sophomore year, he is still able to tuck and run with great speed......

Martinez Will Surpass 2,500 Yards Passing

Many do not realize that Martinez can be an effective passer. Just look at the Oklahoma St. game in 2010 when Martinez absolutely demolished the Cowboy defense for 323 yards and five touchdown passes. While Martinez does his best on the ground, he has the potential to be a deadly passer. Many have questioned his accuracy. However, Martinez threw for 2,089 yards and had an average completion percentage of 56.2.....

Martinez Will Take Care of the Football

In order for any offense to run smoothly, players need to learn not to turn the ball over. This was a big problem for the Huskers in 2011 when they fumbled the ball 23 times. Granted, they managed to recover their own fumble 16 times.......

Martinez Will Be a Vocal Leader

If Nebraska fans were on the fence about Martinez before the Ohio St. game in 2011, they were won over after. Multiple Husker players cited Martinez as being vocal and encouraging on the sideline when Ohio St. had established a 27-6 lead in the third quarter.......

Martinez Will Lead the Cornhuskers to a Big Ten Title and a BCS Bowl

It is not a secret that the Huskers greatly underachieved in their first first year in the Big Ten. After being the early favorites to emerge as champions, the Huskers laid a big dud and, quite frankly, became the laughing stock of the conference.........

Source: http://bleacherrepor...ka-quarterback/

Click the link to read more about the 5 bold predictions.

martinez_display_image.jpg?1340817717

Never has a Nebraska quarterback been more polarizing than Taylor Martinez. Entering his third year, the signal-caller has been nothing short of an enigma. In his freshman campaign, Husker fans fell in love with his speed, but despised his character.

His sophomore season began with high expectations. An errant throwing motion and a noticeable decrease in explosiveness, however, marred his second year.

While he seemed to lack the dynamic playmaking ability of his first year as Nebraska's quarterback, Martinez seemed to mature almost over night, winning over Husker Nation with a miraculous come-from-behind victory against Ohio St. in 2011. He began to lead his team.

Martinez will be under the microscope more than ever come September. Many believe he has yet to reach his full potential. This will be the year Martinez emerges as one of the better quarterbacks in 2012.

Martinez Will Rush for over 1,000 Yards

Despite Martinez rushing for 91 yards less in 2011 than he did in 2010, he is still regarded as a dual-threat quarterback. He is able to instill a certain anxiety within opposing defenses that few quarterbacks can do. Even though Martinez wasn't nearly as explosive in his sophomore year, he is still able to tuck and run with great speed......

Martinez Will Surpass 2,500 Yards Passing

Many do not realize that Martinez can be an effective passer. Just look at the Oklahoma St. game in 2010 when Martinez absolutely demolished the Cowboy defense for 323 yards and five touchdown passes. While Martinez does his best on the ground, he has the potential to be a deadly passer. Many have questioned his accuracy. However, Martinez threw for 2,089 yards and had an average completion percentage of 56.2.....

Martinez Will Take Care of the Football

In order for any offense to run smoothly, players need to learn not to turn the ball over. This was a big problem for the Huskers in 2011 when they fumbled the ball 23 times. Granted, they managed to recover their own fumble 16 times.......

Martinez Will Be a Vocal Leader

If Nebraska fans were on the fence about Martinez before the Ohio St. game in 2011, they were won over after. Multiple Husker players cited Martinez as being vocal and encouraging on the sideline when Ohio St. had established a 27-6 lead in the third quarter.......

Martinez Will Lead the Cornhuskers to a Big Ten Title and a BCS Bowl

It is not a secret that the Huskers greatly underachieved in their first first year in the Big Ten. After being the early favorites to emerge as champions, the Huskers laid a big dud and, quite frankly, became the laughing stock of the conference.........

Source: http://bleacherrepor...ka-quarterback/

Click the link to read more about the 5 bold predictions.

I predicted TM would win the heisman and posted it in the heisman predictions thread under other sports! These guys are trying to ride my nutsack to glory!!

1. Taylor hasn't rushed for over 1,000 yards yet so what makes anyone think it'll happen the year, especially since Bo has said he wants more offensive balance.

2. Taylor almost passed for 2,000 yards with a WR corps who dropped half the passes thrown their way (slight sarcasm). Imagine what the stats would or could be if the WRs actually caught 99% of the passes thrown?

3. Aside from the Wisconsin game, what other game did Taylor NOT take care of the football?

4. Vocal leader? How much yelling is needed before the WRs realize that they need to catch the football? Shouldn't that be obvious?

5. If our WR, OL and DL play like they're capable of then not only is a Big 10 title possible, but so is an undefeated 14-0 season and national title.

Well, I hear a lot of rumors that he has his "shot out of a cannon" acceleration back. If that's true, this offense is going to be a tough, rough SOB to stop. Add to that his possible better passing mechanics? Then yet again add that maybe our WRs stop dropping passes everywhere (heck, it has to stop someday, right?)? Lastly, with the young road-grader talent coming on board it could really be something.

A lot of variables, I know. Still, I think this year the offense carries NU on it's back.

1. Taylor hasn't rushed for over 1,000 yards yet so what makes anyone think it'll happen the year, especially since Bo has said he wants more offensive balance.

I think it is highly possible that he does break 1000. Considering that he had 965 yards rushing in 2010 and was hurt for a 3rd of the season, I think it is fair to say he would have exceeded 1000 yards rushing if he stayed healthy. He didn't seem as explosive last year, if the rumors are right that he has gained his explosion back then why not 1000 yes rushing?

The only "bold" prediction is the last one. Otherwise, 1000 yards isn't a whole lot more than he had last year. He probably lost enough yards getting sacked as he needed to get to a 1000. If he even has a marginal ability to scramble this year (which I think is a more glaring weekness than this throwing motion), there's another 250 yards...should be enough.

2500 passing? No problem. They won't ride Burkhead to 38 carries this year, and Bell, Turner, Enunwa, Cotton, and Reed shouldn't have any issues helping him get there.

...the rest is all fluff.

Actually I don't think TM needs to rush for 1000 yards to be effective. Around 600 would suffice if the rest of the RB collectively get about 3000 to 3500. I think 2500 yds passing sounds nice and would be a good number. In a 12 game season that is only a little over 200 yds a game. I would like to see his TD to INT ratio at about 4 to 1.

I personally think he will be a better QB this year. Last year he was still a little dinged up. One more year of maturity and a little better footwork throwing the ball will help a lot.