GSG

***Official College Football Uniform Soiree***

This is an old article, but these are supposedly Iowa's throwbacks for their game against Iowa State.

http://www.cbssports...iforms-revealed

iowauni.jpg

iowauniform.jpg

And there are some rumors about a pro combat uniform for later in the season

http://www.blackhear...at-uniform-2012

Iowa will have special pro combat nike jerseys for game later this year according to vandenberg.— Tom Kakert (@HawkeyeReport)

Silver uniforms. "Sure it’s going to be sweet," Vandenberg.— marcmorehouse (@marcmorehouse)

"Silver pants, silver pants, black cleats."

— marcmorehouse (@marcmorehouse)

play_oregon_unis_576.jpg

I hate to admit these Oregaon unis are sort of cool looking. Even though it looks like the guy is using oven mitts as knee pads.

Colorado State? There are two FBS programs in that state? How? Why?

There is actually three FBS programs in Colorado

Airforce, Colorado State......whos the 3rd? lol

I have always loved what Oregon does for their jerseys. The diamond plated steel shoulder design they had a couple years ago were probably the sweetest I've seen. Either that or the ones they wore in the NC game.

5492932867_53febda637_o.jpg

This is rumored to be Okie State's new helmet. Thoughts?

We should do one with Herbie Husker!

Lil Red!

The cartoon version of their mascot is way better than the actual mascot costume. The costumed version is just so damn creepy.

93598874.ziyDtskz.jpg

Being serious, those Mizzou ones are pretty good. They kind of remind me of the Hamilton Tiger-Cats from the CFL

ad872bf64725a0bda4ee5a50ce86.jpg

Oh.. I know you all wish we were coming in late October. I think most of the new Adidas uni's are pretty ugly, opposed to the new Nike's.

mizzou_football_nike_uniform_white_2.jpgmizzou-tigers-road-and-alt-football-450x279.jpg

4f8a2d2e57e59.preview-300.jpg

Top notch Mizzou, well done the nike

Ha. On the zoomed out view of the notre dame profile...I thought the irishman had a jay leno chin

I was hoping those wouldn't be noticed here. Fortunately the fans have a special uniform for that game as well

0123bag.jpg

Ha. On the zoomed out view of the notre dame profile...I thought the irishman had a jay leno chin

I was hoping those wouldn't be noticed here. Fortunately the fans have a special uniform for that game as well

0123bag.jpg

But who IS that guy? I can't click to find out...dangit.

The giant "N" on our jerseys is horrible. Addidas is sooooo far behind NIke all the uniforms from addidas look the same (Michigan, Nebraska, Wisconsin).

What I find humorous about all these uniform changes is that the designers obviously don't take into account the fact that big guys have to wear them too. They look great on the smaller skill guys...but the big guys, not so much.

Check the pic of the yellow Maryland jerseys, #35 and #20 look pretty damn good, but then check out #76...

Here's some mascot trivia for you: The face of Okie Lite's mascot Pistol Pete is based on a real guy: Frank "Pistol Pete" Eaton. LINK. Wyoming and New Mexico State also use a likeness of him for mascot stuff. LINK

Utah's all-black ensemble

helmet_medium.png

Does it make me a bad person that I had kind of envisioned our color scheme for our alt to look kinda like this?

Here's some mascot trivia for you: The face of Okie Lite's mascot Pistol Pete is based on a real guy: Frank "Pistol Pete" Eaton. LINK. Wyoming and New Mexico State also use a likeness of him for mascot stuff. LINK

this was the easiest trivia question/statement ever! Answer Frank "pistol Pete" Eaton!!! chuckleshuffle

whiteops.jpg

The Huskers may have a more simple design for their regular unis but damn this could be an awesome look for the Huskers and I can see this being the new trend. Started with black, then to crazy colors/patterns, matte finishes, chrome and now graphical textures. Already starting to see them overlayed on numbers in a more frequent basis..but graphics that "look worn/battle scarred/etc".

http://www.sbnation....-uniforms-photo

UPDATE: Watching part of the game on tv, and MEH is about all I can say. Not as good as the images portray. The overlayed texture in the images above are not part of the uni and it appears there are graphics on the pants/shoulders that have a "ghosted" effect. Not bad, just not as good as it could be.

Western Michigan is going all black:

Western-Michigan-Alternate-Helmet.jpg

BYITYIPNFSSZXXX.20120924234024.jpg

URTNIQQTPNBLXAF.20120924234024.jpg

http://www.lostlette...silver-helmets/

miss-state-unis.jpg

Mississippi St is going to wear these all-whites this year. The one on the left vs A&M and the one on the right against Ole Miss.

http://sports.yahoo....725--ncaaf.html

All I have to say about these two sets of jerseys is whooptie doo. If you're gonna do that plain of an alternate, why do one at all?

Has Air Force done black before? I don't recall but they are doing a "Black-out" (that's right, I said it) this weekend.

8047540638_c3d353d588_o.jpg

steelers-uniform.jpg

Okay, I know this is a college fb uniform thread. But something has to be said about these NFL throwbacks. I mean, it's getting ridiculous. Like this Steelers throwback from spring ball. The poor guy--he looks about like Ralphie from Christmas Story when he had to dress up in the bunny costume from his crazy aunt.

The BYU black unis are seriously sharp.

With your graphics skills I'm surprised you haven't come up with a pony-themed uni yet. lol

6ybcz.jpg

/yeah, I know the Blackshirts have their own thread. But it's so cool it deserves to be in here too. Here's a larger version of the same: LINK

6ybcz.jpg

/yeah, I know the Blackshirts have their own thread. But it's so cool it deserves to be in here too. Here's a larger version of the same: LINK

135112320860.gif