***Official College Football Uniform Soiree***

GSG

I do like ASU's kits, but they are their normal uniforms, not alternates. If Nebraska changed up their traditional kits similar to ASU, there would be mutiny. With an alternate, I think you push the envelope and set it apart from the traditional everyday uniform.

On a scale of simplicity and tradition: Nebraska --- three ASU kits mentioned above --- 2015 Nebraska alternate.

I wouldn't want Nebraska's traditional uniform or their alternates to skew towards the middle of that scale and be like ASU, while I do find them nice.

I guess there are some traditions worth holding and some not. Personally, the uniforms aren't worth holding on to.

I didn't realize that ASU had the permanent tribute to Pat Tillman on the unis so when I saw the PT*42 on the bumper of the helmets, I googled it and then found this extra bit. This is really cool.

They updated in 2013 (so obviously this is old news) but I didn't see it till now and thought I would share for those that may not have seen it yet.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mikehayes/arizona-state-footballs-inspiring-pat-tillman-tunnel-will-gi#.iaKKwlkEO

enhanced-buzz-13475-1378408793-44.jpg

When Arizona State takes the field at Sun Devil stadium this season, they’ll be led out of the tunnel by Pat Tillman.
  • Fire 1

Still have no idea what Adidas is thinking with those undershirts, though.

Yeah. WTF does 'break the rock' mean?

http://dieharddevil.com/articles/hammertime-the-complete-story-behind-the-new-sun-devil-sledgehammer/

By now, you may have seen or heard about the new Sun Devil Hammer used by the Arizona State football team.

On game day, the players carry it off the bus, through the Devil Walk and into the locker room before battle. When game time arrives, a chosen player gets to wield the hammer and lead the team out of Tillman Tunnel. The team also takes it on the road.

It has become a symbol of Sun Devil Strength.

The hammer breaks rocks when the Devils emerge victorious on Game days. Specifically, it crushes a designated rock for each opponent. The goal each year is to break twelve rocks, a symbol of perfection. It’s one of the latest ideas to have materialized in the new culture that Coach Todd Graham has created at ASU.

• Fire 2