Nebraska hosting an event like "the opening"

These events are becoming more and more popular. These kids perform at camps around the country and then are recognized and invited to showcases of talent that are sponsored by Nike or what ever. "The Opening" is going on now in Oregon at the Nike Headquarters. I know we don't have the Adidas headquarters here or anything but we do have top notch facilities so why couldn't we do something like that here? If we could get some major sponsors to get on board to really get this thing rolling. Why not make it a huge deal. Get great coaches and experts to come in and teach these kids everything from film watching to weight lifting to nutrition etc.

I am not sure the legality of hosting something like this on campus but maybe this is something the Big Red Weekend could morph into. Get top players in town for this event and not only do they learn but it gets them out to see what we are all about. It has been said many times that once they get here things change.

It could be a showcase of our facilities, the state etc. Heck if there is good enough talent at it, if you were to have open competitions within the construct of the camp, as important football is to us around here I would think you could charge admission to some of the tests. I may drop a few bucks to got watch some of the best high school talent in the country run 7 on 7's or compete in other events etc.

What do you say Husker Nation?

Is it possible?

If so how would you like to see it done?

Could have Warren Buffet sponsor it………

Name it the “Grand Buffet”

Features might include all -you –can - eat Valentinos for the Offensive Linemen, Omaha steaks for breaks, 5 star deserts for the highly rated, and investment tips from the Oracle after film study.

• Fire 1

That is a camp run by Nike at the Nike facility.

It has nothing to do with Oregon, No coaches or athletic personel can attend it (From Oregon or otherwise) and it has zero access for players to go to any nearby college campus.

I realize that. I am just wondering if it could be done on campus at all let alone ours. They could possibly morph the Big Red Weekend into something like this or however it would work out. It never hurts to get more exposure nationally and entice the top players around the country to make it out to DONU even if it is just for a camp!