Heard back to RB

For the record... Beck said Abdullah has bulked up as well. He said he didn't even recognize him the other day cause he has put on weight and looks a lot bigger.

This really bothers me. We bulked up last year and slowed down because we didn't know how to use our new bodies. Of course we were feeding guys pizzas after bowl practices to add weight and those calories were crap for the guys. If I'm not mistaken the person for that took a "promotion' at another school.

Most of the guys slimmed down over winter and through spring. So if they are bigger I hope its because Dobs broken them down and then built them up the right way.

When did you hear this!? And when did this happen? Just curious man....

I'd tell you but I need at least a plus 5 count to say anything. Gotta build that rep up.

I would but I blew mine this morning

Ewwww.

For real though. The coaches were not happy with how the players moved with the extra weight they put on over last summer. They did it with high calorie foods since there wasn't a lot of time to build up muscle. Many of the guys complained about not being able to move as well, energy levels being lower, etc. They had to re learn angles on when chasing guys down etc. Thats why we saw some missed tackles and WTF moments early in the season. The was some disagreement between the conditioning staff and the nutrition staff about how to put on weight quickly so we didn't get pushed around by bigger bodies in conference play. There was a change made this winter during conditioning as far as the nutrition staff and the rumor is that it was the person with conflicting ideas. This was according to a former guy who was a UNL trainer and still runs with a lot of the staff.

I'm no expert but that sounds idiotic to me. I can't think of many situations where eating a lot of sh***y food for a long period of time would be good for athletics.

I'm officially sick of waiting now. I keep hearing all these things that make me feel more and more hopeful about the season. Now I'm sure we're going to win the national championship and the closest victory will be a 30 point squeaker over Alabama in the NC game.

I'm no expert but that sounds idiotic to me. I can't think of many situations where eating a lot of sh***y food for a long period of time would be good for athletics.

One time I ran into Ndamukong Suh grocery shopping. He had a cart load of junk food. Little Debbies, Doritos, ect..

And there's this:

http://blogs.wsj.com...try-it-at-home/

But we were talking about humans. Ndamukong Suh and Michael Phelps are freaks of nature.

(I feel proud every time I spell Ndamukong right)