The new jerseys are in!!!

Did anyone else catch in that chat about the alternate uniforms that the poster asking the question to Sam said he saw "the alternate helmets." ??????

I thought they said that they were not going to touch the helmets? It should be pretty interesting to see what the whole uniform looks like when it is revealed.

Osborne said that, but then he relented about a week later and said they might change.

spacer.gif

ALtuni: FYI - I've seen the alternate helmet.It's pretty awesome. I haven't seen the unis. They're wearing them vs. Wiscy on 9/29. Can reveal no more.

Tuesday July 24, 2012 10:32

Sam McKewon: Thanks Altuni.

I pretty much know what the whole getup is, myself. Intrigued to see what fans think. I think it's pretty dang swag, personally.

That's what was in the chat if anyone is having trouble finding it. I really hope they didn't f*ck with the helmets.

spacer.gif

ALtuni: FYI - I've seen the alternate helmet.It's pretty awesome. I haven't seen the unis. They're wearing them vs. Wiscy on 9/29. Can reveal no more.

Sam McKewon: Thanks Altuni.

I pretty much know what the whole getup is, myself. Intrigued to see what fans think. I think it's pretty dang swag, personally.

That's what was in the chat if anyone is having trouble finding it. I really hope they didn't f*ck with the helmets.

He also said this shortly after that:

Mike: ] So you have seen the new alternate uni's? Any other teaser comment you can share?

fb_share2.png

Tuesday July 24, 2012 10:50 Mike

10:51 spacer.gif

Sam McKewon: I haven't seen them. But I have a pretty good idea. That's why my idea is "pretty good" and not "really good"

fb_share2.png

Tuesday July 24, 2012 10:51

So while he has a good idea (guessing someone 'in the know' probably described to him what they were doing), it's not 'really good'. :D

I have no problem with changing the unis once or twice a year and I'm 60 years old. I hope the players had considerable input into the designs. I root for the team not the jerseys, so whatever they come out of the locker rooms wearing is fine with me....unless they are pink....gosh I hate seeing that color on the field.

I guess McKweon has a good idea what the alternates look like. Hopefully we get an official announcement soon.

link/quote?

It was in his morning chat yesterday, there is some interesting stuff he talked about. As far as the jerseys, he just said he has a good idea of what they are going to look like, and that they are swag.

http://www.omaha.com...alk-live-replay

He had some good blurbs that made me feel good and bad. For instance, he sees Sean Fischer holding a starting role. Cringe.

Did anyone else catch in that chat about the alternate uniforms that the poster asking the question to Sam said he saw "the alternate helmets." ??????

I thought they said that they were not going to touch the helmets? It should be pretty interesting to see what the whole uniform looks like when it is revealed.

Fail....fail....fail!!! Call me a stick in the mud or boring or old but Im against the whole damn idea of alternate unis!! Give me traditional and classic or give me death!!!

I understand where you are coming from but its not like we haven't changed our uniforms before. I don't mind one game going to Black with Red or what ever they want. I just want the main color to be Red the rest of the time. Either that or it would be GO BIG BLACK!! and that just doesn't sound right!!

I just hope they don't record player reactions and then post it on Youtube:

Ya, that isn't something I hope our players would do. Now getting excited and being excited, yes, but acting like little school girls I hope not. Btw, did you see Frank with his sh#t eatin grin?!

Also, on a side note, I wouldn't trade any of our RBs but I sure would like to have Boykin on our team! Kid can ball!!

I just hope they don't record player reactions and then post it on Youtube:

Ya, that isn't something I hope our players would do. Now getting excited and being excited, yes, but acting like little school girls I hope not. Btw, did you see Frank with his sh#t eatin grin?!

Also, on a side note, I wouldn't trade any of our RBs but I sure would like to have Boykin on our team! Kid can ball!!

Hate to break it to you, but that would happen. I dont blame them, basically the first team in this storied programs history to have to opportunity to wear something that isnt apart of the basic uniform. I would be pretty excited.