Taylor

Redman

He got clocked on a bootleg going for the first down. They were whisperings of a concussion. He was down for a while. The coaches after the game said that he was acting normal, but he was going to get examined by the doc.

except that he insisted to wear a decorative hat made of fruit and demanded that billy ci call him 'carmen miranda'.

out side of that, he's fine.

He got clocked on a bootleg going for the first down. They were whisperings of a concussion. He was down for a while. The coaches after the game said that he was acting normal, but he was going to get examined by the doc.

except that he insisted to wear a decorative hat made of fruit and demanded that billy ci call him 'carmen miranda'.

out side of that, he's fine.

:rollin

Or like in the Snickers commercial..."I'm Batman!"

Seriously, Zac played a good game and I hope he is well and ready to lead the Huskers against Colorado.

It is great to hear that ZT is alert/oriented. The unfortunate thing is head trauma can be cumulative and wreak havoc later in life. I didn't see the hit cause of the freakin' webcast :lol: but does it seem like players have started to hit with their helmets more? I didn't want to use the S word.

PS Is it surprising that the KSU fans thought that NU fans were great and other places weren't?

NE fans are the greatest IMO. biased as always. :smokin:cheers

-Congrats to Zac, he truly is a class act. But mentioning that, I heard that Coach Snyer walked to the center of the field and told him great game, and numerous KSU players did the same. Possibly some of their fans are not the best but it sounds like the staff and players of KSU are pretty good people. We owe them a thank you for their concern.

The only reason Synder went out there is to see if Zac would be back into the game. Dont get me started on him

-Congrats to Zac,  he truly is a class act.  But mentioning that, I heard that Coach Snyer walked to the center of the field and told him great game, and numerous KSU players did the same.  Possibly some of their fans are not the best but it sounds like the staff and players of KSU are pretty good people.  We owe them a thank you for their concern.

The only reason Synder went out there is to see if Zac would be back into the game. Dont get me started on him

Yeah I'm not sure I credit snyder with respect, but for sure a couple ksu players deserve it, as I was pleasantly surprised...

While we are on the subject of Taylor. I would like to congratulate him on setting the record for passing yards today. How ironic is it that a fella from Norman OK is the leading season passer in Husker history. Not to mention the other records he has set.

Zac is one tough hombre. I respect the guy immensely and congratulate him. Here's to you Mr. Taylor. :cheers

:yeah , Heres to you Zac, :cheers:cheers . Good job and good luck.

GO BIG RED!!!!!!

I went to the game with a KSU fan...when Synder walked out onto the field... some of the KSU fans actually said he was just going out there to be nosey and find out if Taylor was going to be out of the game or not. Hopefully that wasn't true.. but the way that the old man was walking around makes you wonder.. ???

-Congrats to Zac,  he truly is a class act.  But mentioning that, I heard that Coach Snyer walked to the center of the field and told him great game, and numerous KSU players did the same.  Possibly some of their fans are not the best but it sounds like the staff and players of KSU are pretty good people.  We owe them a thank you for their concern.

Callahan said, on the BCallahan Show, that Snyder asked him how Taylor was after the game as well. He said the Snyder seemed generally concerned for Taylor's well-being. Yes, I agree that Snyder is kind of a worm, but he may actually have some respect for student athletes, whether they play for him or not.

Callahan: Taylor should be OK

BY STEVEN M. SIPPLE / Lincoln Journal Star

Monday, Nov 14, 2005 - 01:58:15 pm CST

Zac Taylor (13) throws deep for Terrence Nunn (83) on Saturday against Kansas State. (Ted Kirk)

Zac Taylor knows from experience what it’s like to have a severe concussion. He got his bell rung in a game as a sophomore at Norman (Okla.) High School.

The blow the Nebraska junior quarterback absorbed Saturday against Kansas State didn’t cause nearly as much pain in the aftermath, according to the player’s father. “We went out to eat after (Saturday’s) game and had breakfast the next morning, and he was fine,” Sherwood Taylor said Monday morning.

Zac Taylor, who was knocked out of the K-State game early in the fourth quarter, was scheduled Monday to undergo a series of “impact tests,” a standard procedure for head injuries, said Nebraska coach Bill Callahan.

“I think he’ll be OK,” Callahan said. “But we’ll defer to our medical staff for their professional opinion, and we’ll obviously heed their advice and move forward from there.”

Nebraska (6-4, 3-4 Big 12) has this weekend off before resuming play Nov. 25 at Colorado. The Buffaloes (7-3, 5-2) can clinch a spot in the Big 12 Conference championship game with a victory.

Callahan said he was hopeful Taylor will return to the starting lineup for the Colorado game. Against K-State, Taylor was relieved by true freshman Harrison Beck, who burned his redshirt in leading Nebraska to a late field goal that produced a 27-25 victory at Memorial Stadium.

Nothing has changed in the quarterback pecking order, Callahan said. Taylor, who’s started every game, was 21-for-31 passing for 220 yards and two touchdowns before leaving the game. Beck finished 1-for-6 with an interception that led to a K-State field goal that produced a 25-24 lead with 4:18 left in the game.

Beck, however, regrouped to make a 21-yard completion on the drive that led to Jordan Congdon’s game-winning field goal.

“He came in there with great poise,” Callahan said of Beck. “He had the demeanor you look for in a guy who wants to lead a team. Most guys get those big eyes. I didn’t see that.”

Callahan reiterated the decision to burn Beck’s redshirt was made in the best interest of the team. Because Beck had been the No. 2 quarterback for a month, the decision shouldn’t have been a surprise, the coach said.

“This wasn’t any shock to the team, to the players, to Harrison Beck, to his family, to the coaching staff, to the fans, to the media — everybody knew this was coming,” Callahan said. “As we all understand redshirting, there are three more years here for this young man. He’s going to do fine.

“During the course of those three years, anything can happen. There’s a potential of maybe salvaging a redshirt year somewhere in there.”

Briefly

* Senior left tackle Cornealius Fuamatu-Thomas has petitioned the Big 12 for a medical hardship in hopes of gaining an extra season of eligibility, Callahan said. Fuamatu-Thomas, who started seven games this season, played in only the opener in 2004 before missing the rest of the season with an injury. True freshman defensive lineman Ndamukong Suh, who underwent arthroscopic knee surgery in mid-September and hasn’t played since, also may be candidate for a medical hardship, the coach said.

* True freshman wideout Chris Brooks, who wasn’t suited up against Kansas State, has been unable to practice the past several days because of a hamstring injury, Callahan said. Brooks’ status is day-to-day. Meanwhile, starting right tackle Seppo Evwaraye, who missed the K-State game with an undisclosed foot injury, may be ready for the Colorado contest, the coach said.

Reach Steven M. Sipple at 473-7440 or ssipple@journalstar.com

After the game I was standing by the fence behind the players next to a very nice lady who was waiting for her son to come over. I asked who her son was and she said Zac Taylor. I told her that Zac has a million fans in this state and we were all hoping that he was o.k. I asked her what happened and she said that he had a concussion.

Zac came over and hugged his mom and told her that he was ok, it was a special moment between mother and son, I could not interupt. After he was done I tapped Zac on the shoulder and told him to get well soon, and he looked at me and said thanks. His eyes were a little glassey as you could see during the interview in the locker room, but he seemed fine.

I read in the paper that his father was quoted saying that their family had dinner after the game and breakfast sunday morning and he was doing fine.

I do believe that Zac's parents are a true class act.

I think Zac will start against CU and will have his best game to date. I hope Coz does not ruin it by over planning the defensive scheme and the Blackshirts get after it and shut down Klatt

GBR