What are you favorite movie trilogies?

there's only one return...

it's not of the king, it's of the jedi...

I agree with you on that. Star Wars is the superior trilogy.

and Empire, the best of that trilogy

Little tough to be the 'only' when the other came out as a book decades before. If either is the 'only', Return of the King deserves that designation. And I loved Return of the Jedi (my favorite of the trilogy) and the Star Wars trilogy. To me, my fave two have to be the original SW trilogy and LOTR. Indiana Jones isn't far behind, Toy Story is awesome, I actually like SW episodes 1-3 (really wish he'd have done 7-9 instead... hate stories where I already definitively know the outcome) but those two stand head and shoulders above. I think... had the Academy moved past their disdain for sci-fi/fantasy prior to Return of the King, one of the SW movies might have won a major Academy Award earlier. Still amazed that RotK won, in a lot of respects. Even though it was the favorite, the Academy voters have done so many illogical (and to my mind, stupid) things over the years, that the fact that they got that one right still surprises me.

In no particular order. Pretty much all have been listed before, but that's probably due to the fact its hard as hell to make a good trilogy

Terminator

The Lord of the Rings

Star Wars the first 3

Bourne

Die Hard (I know I have seen the 4th, but can't remember much from it)

Back to the future

Indiana Jones (have not seen the 4th one)

The Dark Knight

I have not seen any of the Alien movies past Aliens, so while I love the first two, I didn't list it.

No contest..........Godfather..........(although # 3 was noticeably weaker).............

:yeah

Noticeably weaker I think is an understatement. There are only Godfather Part I and Godfather Part II. I do not know of this "Part 3" of which you speak.

Have to give props to the mentioning of the 'Man with no names' trilogy. Clint Eastwood at his Clint Eastwood best. My fav was #2. Less iconic than the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, but there's a special place in my heart for For A Few Dollars More.

No contest..........Godfather..........(although # 3 was noticeably weaker).............

:yeah

Noticeably weaker I think is an understatement. There are only Godfather Part I and Godfather Part II. I do not know of this "Part 3" of which you speak.

Have to give props to the mentioning of the 'Man with no names' trilogy. Clint Eastwood at his Clint Eastwood best. My fav was #2. Less iconic than the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, but there's a special place in my heart for For A Few Dollars More.

Spaghetti Western at it's finest..........plus enduring and haunting music........