What are you favorite movie trilogies?

After watching The Dark Knight Rises 3 times in the theaters and tonight TNT was playing the Bourne movies so I figured I'd jump on HB and make a thread posting my favorite movie trilogies and see what everybody else had. Heres my top 10:

1. Dark Knight trilogy

2. The Bourne trilogy.

3. Die Hard 1-3 (4 was meh)

4. Alien 1-3 (4 was absolute garbage)

5. Terminator 1-3 (3 was different but ok and I think I'm the only one who like Terminator Salvation.)

6. Indiana Jones 1-3 (the 4th was meh)

7. Original Star Wars 4-6

8. Mission Impossible 1,3,4 (2nd one was really weird with John Woo as the director didn't feel like an Ethan Hunt movie, felt more like a Woo movie)

9. Back to the Future trilogy

10. The Matrix trilogy

Most notable misses are in this order that I've seen:

Toy Story, Mad Max, X-Men , Blade (Blade Trinity was different)

Here are other trilogies that I haven't seen all together or I haven't seen at least one movie out of the whole trilogy. Here are those trilogies:

1. Godfather. I have only seen bits and pieces of the 1st one but haven't seen the 2nd and 3rd.

2. Pirates of the Caribbean - haven't seen the 3rd and 4th one. The 2nd one was really weird/awkward hence why I haven't seen 3 and 4.

3. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo the 2011 version, really enjoyed this movie. Heard they're gonna make two more with Daniel Craig and Rooney Mara.

4. Lord of the Rings - I haven't seen the last one and the other two are a bit of a blur. Gonna have to watch all 3 here in the next few days

I haven't seen MI3 or MI4, have to agree with you that MI2 was very weird. John Woo didn't do a good job with that one, IMO, or at least it was totally disconnected from the feel of the first one, which was great.

Toy Story is probably one of the most fantastic trilogies I've seen, in totality. Not going to lie, the third one made me cry.

Ocean's!....that definitely needs a mention. Ocean's is amazing. 11 definitely the star, and I enjoyed12 more than 13.

LOTR's a must-watch.

Jurassic Park....if you can excuse the 2nd one for going off the rails, and the 3rd one for being completely terrible.

I love the Pirates series. I think the first movie, definitely the strongest, but I can't not enjoy the other ones, too. Yeah, even the 4th.

Oh here's a far out one, Police Story. There might be 4, I'm not sure. It's Jackie Chan in the good old days. The first 2 at least, were pretty good. Now that I think about it, 4 is pretty disconnected from the rest and was released as Jackie Chan's First Strike. I think I saw that one before the others without even realizing the connection. Watch with subtitles if you can. The voiceovers are a bit awful.

I'm probably the only person I know who didn't really get into the Bourne movies. I don't know why. Maybe I watched them too late, or it's because I didn't read the books. The Bourne universe just seemed pretty shallow and uncompelling.

Toy Story is probably one of the most fantastic trilogies I've seen, in totality. Not going to lie, the third one made me cry.

This! I'm 20 now, but I grew up with these characters and it was a bit heart shattering to watch one of your favorite movie series die... Lame, I know, but you gotta friend in me had a sad undertone for a while in my mind after that movie.

• Fire 1

1. Lord of the Rings by a large margin. I have probably 95% of each movie memorized, sad but true

2. Dark Knight

3. Bourne

4. What the hell, I'll go with Toy Story.

5. The Matrix - this one gets pretty meh by the end

I really haven't watched all of a lot of trilogies tbh, and I have never made it through a Star Wars movie.

Lord of the Rings and the original Star Wars by a pretty wide margin.

Nolan's Batman would've been up there if they hadn't been complete cowards with the ending.

Personally, I've never cared for Indiana Jones or the Bourne series.

Evil dead deserves honorable mention...Friday would've made it if they'd been able to convince Tucker to come back. Mad Max is up there and the Boondock Saints will be as well if the third installment is halfway decent.

No one for Spiderman, Rush Hour, Mummy, Men in Black, Blade, High School Musical or Twilight?

Forgot to mention that I enjoyed Gettysburg & Gods and Generals, though they'll never make a third one.

I might add that I greatly enjoyed the Pocahontas, Fern Gully, Avatar trilogy.

• Fire 1