1st Practice Highlights

I find it really weird that Taylor is taking huge strides in leadership and working on his mechanics this past summer and some people still have to bash him and not give him a chance to suceed. I for one am excited to see how all of the hardwork has paid off. GBR

Exactly! +1 to you bro.

I find it really weird that Taylor is taking huge strides in leadership and working on his mechanics this past summer and some people still have to bash him and not give him a chance to suceed. I for one am excited to see how all of the hardwork has paid off. GBR

Has a single person in this thread 'bashed' Taylor for anything? Seems most are excited about his improvement and honest about his past, and the rest are just sparring with other posters about analyzing stil shots.

Also, I rescind my comment about half-pads. They aren't wearing any pads.

We wont know anything about Taylor Martinezs improvement until he is flushed out of the pocket. To this point he has not been a dual threat QB. He has been ineffective in making the defense respect even his "scramble" ability. He is quite the anomolly in that he is a running QB that cannot scramble or throw on the run. I hope this year we let him throw more 3 step verticals to stretch the defense and lift the safeties out of the box. The coaching staff has to take some responsibility for his development, but ultimately he is what he is. Its up to the coaching staff to bulster his positive traits and conceal his negative ones. We probably wont win more than 9 or 10 games with him at QB because there are parts if the field we cannot attack offensively. Yes, 9 or 10 games is a good season but it will never be a championship season. Aren't we trying to win a championship?

We wont know anything about Taylor Martinezs improvement until he is flushed out of the pocket. To this point he has not been a dual threat QB. He has been ineffective in making the defense respect even his "scramble" ability. He is quite the anomolly in that he is a running QB that cannot scramble or throw on the run. I hope this year we let him throw more 3 step verticals to stretch the defense and lift the safeties out of the box. The coaching staff has to take some responsibility for his development, but ultimately he is what he is. Its up to the coaching staff to bulster his positive traits and conceal his negative ones. We probably wont win more than 9 or 10 games with him at QB because there are parts if the field we cannot attack offensively. Yes, 9 or 10 games is a good season but it will never be a championship season. Aren't we trying to win a championship?

Like 5 yard outs??????

Those three photos of T-Mart at yesterday's pratice brought a smile to my face, best throwing positions I've ever seen from him. If he practices that way, it should be there in games and make a big difference in his completion ratio.

People can make light of it, but I feel that it is very significant and what is what several other players have been impressed with this summer.

:thumbs

Those three photos of T-Mart at yesterday's pratice brought a smile to my face, best throwing positions I've ever seen from him. If he practices that way, it should be there in games and make a big difference in his completion ratio.

People can make light of it, but I feel that it is very significant and what is what several other players have been impressed with this summer.

Welcome, love that show, and Penny

So when teams were putting 8-9 guys in the box because they weren't afraid he'd take off and run? Didn't Martinez have 800 + rushing yards seasons both his freshmen and sophomore years? He had over 2000 yards passing last season as well. Seems like a dual threat quarterback to me.

It's pretty obvious you don't care for Martinez at QB even though he's the best QB on the team and is why he's the starter.

We're trying to win a championship you know.