1st Practice Highlights

591693.jpg

Martinez looking like a QB and Imani Cross getting some reps.

Martinez.jpg

This is the South Carolina game last year. Taylor's stance was not really ever the problem, which is all that is shown in either picture, this one or the above. It was all the things happening after the stance that were causing him problems. Big hopes coming into this season for the kid. Really hope his hard work pays off. I remember a photo months ago that showed quite an ugly side of Taylor's throwing motion. Dozens of Huskerboard members noted that the photo meant nothing and that the circumstances surrounding the photo left too much unknown. It makes me laugh. We will all know soon enough if things are going to work out for this team with Taylor at the helm.

I'm sorry, but I see a huge difference. In the recent pic, he has his left shoulder pointed at the target. This is perfect. His right elbow is high, just as it should be. His feet are parallel to the line of scrimmage, as they should be.

In the SC game pic, his shoulders are square with the line of scrimmage. Bad, very bad. His right elbow is way to low. Not as it should be. His feet are pointing downfield and they should not be.

Let's see how he composes himself once he's back in the game.

I'm sorry, but I see a huge difference. In the recent pic, he has his left shoulder pointed at the target. This is perfect. His right elbow is high, just as it should be. His feet are parallel to the line of scrimmage, as they should be.

In the SC game pic, his shoulders are square with the line of scrimmage. Bad, very bad. His right elbow is way to low. Not as it should be. His feet are pointing downfield and they should not be.

You mean to tell me that somehow through deductive reasoning you see a huge difference between a picture of Taylor:

a. Standing

b. In half-pads

c. Going through a walk-through

versus a picture of Taylor:

a. In full uniform

b. Going live in an actual game

c. Looking somewhere down the field (of course we can easily and obviously assume that he isn't looking anywhere other than where he's about to throw it to and his shoulder is pointing the wrong way. Of course)

tumblr_m81555zpYM1r4y150o2_1280.png

• Fire 2

You mean to tell me that somehow through deductive reasoning you see a huge difference between a picture of Taylor:

a. Standing

b. In half-pads

a. In full uniform

c. Looking somewhere down the field (of course we can easily and obviously assume that he isn't looking anywhere other than where he's about to throw it to and his shoulder is pointing the wrong way. Of course)

Thank you.

The practice pic is obviously a walk through. And it's just a sill frame. The only one in an athletic stance is Cross (good for him, an eager freshman).

Stop dissrcting still frames, please...it makes all look stupid

a. Standing

b. In half-pads

a. In full uniform

Don't you realize that the set up for a QB is huge? Go back and watch any game or practice for that matter, he did not ever set up like this.

To someone elses point, it really doesn't matter until it's game time. You can learn all you want to, but when things start getting fast, it is easy to revert back to what once was.

a. Standing

b. In half-pads

a. In full uniform

Thank you.

The practice pic is obviously a walk through. And it's just a sill frame. The only one in an athletic stance is Cross (good for him, an eager freshman).

Stop dissrcting still frames, please...it makes all look stupid

The only one in an "athletic stance"?? WTF is Taylor doing? He sure as hell isn't ordering pizza.

Saw this picture of Joseph and couldnt stop laughing

F905560.JPG

Decided to make a quick meme:

24457748.jpg

That and Rex seemingly doing the robot were my favorites.

Cool to read that Ganz will get to be out on the field this year, should be a help. I had to look up Jake Mandelko, looks like he was a pretty good for safety for Kearney that was said to be like a coach on the field.

UHFHLMZNIOYBORX.20120804181016.JPG

Enough quibbling about TM's passing form. You can't tell jack from a couple of pics of a half-pad 1st practice. But you can tell that T-Mart has freaking Popeye forearms. The dude is toting some serious guns. And that, gentlemen, is the extent of my QB analysis. :lol:

Everyone knows Taylor had bad mechanics last year, lets just leave it at that. He seems to have improved, its just a snap shot, but ive seen a little video and he looks night and day, still has a hitch but atleast he seems to be stepping towards his target, and his arm is in a better, higher slot. Atleast hes putting himself in position to use his whole body on throws, especially his lower body, instead of just using his arm. Opening up your hips before you throw like hes been doing has killed his ball speed and accuracy (and he still has been throwing pretty hard which is amazing) He might as well have been throwing from his knees. Its hard to tell if hes going to take off running in the SC pic but lets say hes going to throw....hes in a terrible stance his hips are open which makes his shoulders square to the LOS, if a reciever pops open he would have to use all arm to get him the ball. Which means the ball will be less accurate and have a lot less speed.

Accuracy comes with consistent mechanics. Its really not all that much different then a pitcher in baseball. Could you imagine a MLB pitcher standing on the mound like that pic of the SC game above? He would lose 10 15 mph on his fastball and would hardly ever hit the strike zone,and he would have arm problems pretty quick.

Hes in a perfect QB position in new picture, whether he can do that when the pressure is on is yet to be seen, Tebow still cant fwiw. Taylor will be better thou, and thats exciting. Its going to help him be more consistent, we should see more of Northwestern and Ohio State vs more Wisconsin.

Taylor learned how to throw.. ut-oh

41571_109136975810920_5115_n.jpg