Fan Expectations

i hate to say it, but i doubt we win a single game this year. maybe two non-con, but otherwise who can we beat?

Iowa.

i work under the assumption they will be kicked out of the league sooner than later and counted them as one of our non-con wins.

i hate to say it, but i doubt we win a single game this year. maybe two non-con, but otherwise who can we beat?

Ourselves. Every week.

touche.

Martinez hasn't "improved" ( you can not fill air between the ears in 1 offseason )

I stopped reading after this. The fact that you think Martinez is stupid, and his problems are mental tells me you don't know WTF.

so are you saying he lacks the athleticism? the only issue w/ his passing is footwork/motion? I'd say 90% of his improvement last year was mental. I'd say 90% of where he needs to go in order to be a great QB is still mental. So yeah, most of his problems are mental. Implying he lacks the brains to make those improvements however is WTF, he'll get there. But most of his potential does still lie between his ears.

He implied that he was stupid, and lacked the intelligence to improve in 1 offseason. TM, for all his faults, has done a pretty decent job of learning, and running our offense, considering we change offenses like my wife changes shoes.

Martinez hasn't "improved" ( you can not fill air between the ears in 1 offseason )

I stopped reading after this. The fact that you think Martinez is stupid, and his problems are mental tells me you don't know WTF.

so are you saying he lacks the athleticism? the only issue w/ his passing is footwork/motion? I'd say 90% of his improvement last year was mental. I'd say 90% of where he needs to go in order to be a great QB is still mental. So yeah, most of his problems are mental. Implying he lacks the brains to make those improvements however is WTF, he'll get there. But most of his potential does still lie between his ears.

He implied that he was stupid, and lacked the intelligence to improve in 1 offseason. TM, for all his faults, has done a pretty decent job of learning, and running our offense, considering we change offenses like my wife changes shoes.

i agree. he was a bad decision maker, i do not think that has anything to do with intelligence. it is an issue of experience.

i agree. he was a bad decision maker, i do not think that has anything to do with intelligence. it is an issue of experience.

I don't even think he was that bad of a decision maker. If he had one problem, I'd say that sometimes it was his lack of making a decision (run or pass). I think his second year in the system is going to be huge.

I don't even think he was that bad of a decision maker. If he had one problem, I'd say that sometimes it was his lack of making a decision (run or pass). I think his second year in the system is going to be huge.

i agree, it improved dramatically from his first to second year. i think he still has problems going through his progression, but that comes with pocket presence.

i agree, it improved dramatically from his first to second year. i think he still has problems going through his progression, but that comes with pocket presence.

And time in the system. When everyone is even a little unsure of exactly what they need to do, it causes problems.

And time in the system. When everyone is even a little unsure of exactly what they need to do, it causes problems.

just the way he worked to get the ball to check downs instead of just bolting into a lineman proved he was evolving as a rounded qb.

if he improves as much from year 2 to year 3 as he did from year 1 to year 2, i think we will have a quality qb.

if he improves as much from year 2 to year 3 as he did from year 1 to year 2, i think we will have a quality qb.

Yep, that is the hope. If he does, we'll be in good shape.

Of course, that's presuming the Line is solid, and the WRs catch the balls thrown to them, etc. We have a lot of sloppiness from last year to clean up. But if we can, we have the horses to run with the top teams in the country. On offense, anyway.

lol idiots? how did he improve in 11 vs 10? he still hasnt ran as well as he did his first 5 games of his career.

2010 stats: passing 116-196-7 for 1631yds 59.2%

rushing 162 at for 965 yds

2011 stats: Passing 162-288-8 2089yds 56.2%

rushing 188at 874yds

Where is the improvement? He had more yards passing in 11 vs 10 but he threw about 90 more times over the course of the season...

Well duh.....we played way, wayyyyyyyy better defenses last year than 2010.

Yep, that is the hope. If he does, we'll be in good shape.

Of course, that's presuming the Line is solid, and the WRs catch the balls thrown to them, etc. We have a lot of sloppiness from last year to clean up. But if we can, we have the horses to run with the top teams in the country. On offense, anyway.

I've said it a few times before - on a list of all the areas I think we need improvement, Taylor Martinez is near the bottom. You can play a lot of good football if you have really good lines, average skill position players, and one or two playmakers in the back seven on defense. Our lines have gone from playing football worthy of a Top 5 team, to football worthy of a bottom dweller, all within a matter of a few plays, sometimes. The lines are what worry me most every year, and as long as we continue to see average at best play here, we'll see 9-4 seasons, no matter what kind of playmakers we have.

If we lose more than 2 games I will be disappointed. I think we have a shot at 11-1. OSU and Mich. worry me the most.

I agree, a lot of people will still be worried about Wisconsin but honestly I think we get revenge, shut down ball and obrian will be flustered after the first quarter playing in the biggest stadium in his career

Won't be the biggest in his career...he played at Doak and FedEx field last year which at the time was larger than Memorial.

If we lose more than 2 games I will be disappointed. I think we have a shot at 11-1. OSU and Mich. worry me the most.

I agree, a lot of people will still be worried about Wisconsin but honestly I think we get revenge, shut down ball and obrian will be flustered after the first quarter playing in the biggest stadium in his career

Won't be the biggest in his career...he played at Doak and FedEx field last year which at the time was larger than Memorial.

Doak is smaller (and much quieter) and the game at Fedex barely broke 70k.