2012 schedule W/L

We all have a right to our opinions on how things will go for this team. The important thing is that in exactly one week, opinions aren't going to matter! We're gonna get a first hand look at this Husker team. This is gonna be a damn great year for my Huskers and my Broncos. I'm fuk'n ready.

Sounds good!

0319-peyton-manning-jersey-bn-01.jpg

Oh look... Its the Manning brother that lost to the Huskers in a bowl game.

T_O_B

G>B>R

We all have a right to our opinions on how things will go for this team. The important thing is that in exactly one week, opinions aren't going to matter! We're gonna get a first hand look at this Husker team. This is gonna be a damn great year for my Huskers and my Broncos. I'm fuk'n ready.

Sounds good!

0319-peyton-manning-jersey-bn-01.jpg

Oh look... Its the Manning brother that lost to the Huskers in a bowl game.

T_O_B

G>B>R

He's still better than the one that beat the Huskers in a bowl game.

G_B_R

GO>ORANGE>CRUSH

Kinda of crazy how Peyton is now kind of considered the "other" Manning.

You can't spell elite without Eli.

Not to turn this into an NFL thread, but come on man, Eli Manning is the most over-rated QB in the NFL. If he was on any other team they'd barely sniff the playoffs. But the New York Giants do two things extremely well, run the ball and play defenseso he's got two SuperBowl rings. He's the modern day Trent Dilfer-marginally talented but on the right team.

Kinda of crazy how Peyton is now kind of considered the "other" Manning.

You can't spell elite without Eli.

Not to turn this into an NFL thread, but come on man, Eli Manning is the most over-rated QB in the NFL. If he was on any other team they'd barely sniff the playoffs. But the New York Giants do two things extremely well, run the ball and play defenseso he's got two SuperBowl rings. He's the modern day Trent Dilfer-marginally talented but on the right team.

His 4,933 yards and 29 touchdowns last year say otherwise.

Not to mention the Giants were the worst rushing team in the NFL last year.

In what world is 9-4 the best case scenario?... If you don't think we could win at least 10 games in the regular season as a best case scenario, that's being incredibly pessimistic IMO.

And IMO, you are being unrealistic if you think this team will win more than 9. I predict them to win 8 this year. Let's wait til the end of the season and see how it all played out.

Next year should be better; I am hoping for a double-digit win total and a Top 10 finish.

It's totally realistic to expect a 10 plus win season! If it wasn't then expecting progress is unrealistic! 9 last year. Progress as far as wins and losses equates to at least one more win. 9+1 equals ten! Maybe you using the word "unrealistic" has set me off. I realistically expect us to be better this year! An not better by means of not getting blown out in our losses. I expect better as in better outcomes. I've been on record saying we get to 11 wins this year! And the closer we get to the season and the more I read about this team, the more I think we may be in for a special season! GBR!

I disagree. While it is logical to expect progress on a yearly basis, it isn't realistic to expect it this year, based on everything I've seen, read, and heard. The schedule this year is really tough, IMO. I am one of the few who thinks that Southern Miss has a legit shot at at upset. I also think it's totally possible for the Huskers to have 5 straight losses in the middle of the season. I'm sticking with my opinion, that nine wins is the best-case scenario. I hope I'm wrong, but we'll see!

It isn't realistic to expect 5 straight losses either. Unless you believe that every team got better but us, and Bill Callahan is taking the program back over. The Pelini 9 win baseline that we've established has been done with worse teams and harder schedules. It's almost a certainty that MSU and Wisconsin will regress, unless you believe that both are going to replace the best QB's in school history with someone better.

In fact, every thing you said was based solely on opinion, with nothing of substance or fact to base that on, yet you claim it's more "realistic" than someone elses opinion. Saying a best possible scenario with all the right breaks is 9 wins, while also saying it's possible for us to lose 5 straight goes against every precedent and trend. I'd take that bet any day of the week.

:thumbs

Sorry fellas, but I'm sticking to my guns. Unfortunately I'm just a "glass half-empty" kinda guy.

"When you start out not expecting anything, everything turns out to be a nice surprise." -- Lloyd Dobler, Say Anything

• Fire 1

Sorry fellas, but I'm sticking to my guns. Unfortunately I'm just a "glass half-empty" kinda guy.

"When you start out not expecting anything, everything turns out to be a nice surprise." -- Lloyd Dobler, Say Anything

You can stick to your guns all you want. But don't confuse opinion with fact.

Until we get the stupid mistakes/penalties and fumbilitis under control, I just can't forecast more than 9 wins.

I've seen progress from 2010 to 2011. I hope the Huskers keep improving.

There was progress in certain areas. But also we regressed in some areas too. Overall, I am not convinced that NU was better in 2011 than in 2010. They seem to be pretty much not trending --- no improvement and no regression. No arrow pointed any way (toward being better or worse). That, in and of itself, is not a good thing. NU has been upper-middle conference caliber now for a couple of years. There is, really no reason to expect that this will change drastically either way. They will be, one would think --- at least based upon the recent past --- a 4 loss regular season team. Maybe 3 loss. Maybe 5 loss. Anything less than 3 losses is really, really unlikely. Anything more than 5 is as well.

But as people say... anything can happen and hopefully we will be pleasantly surprised.

Until we get the stupid mistakes/penalties and fumbilitis under control, I just can't forecast more than 9 wins.

I've seen progress from 2010 to 2011. I hope the Huskers keep improving.

There was progress in certain areas. But also we regressed in some areas too. Overall, I am not convinced that NU was better in 2011 than in 2010. They seem to be pretty much not trending --- no improvement and no regression. No arrow pointed any way (toward being better or worse). That, in and of itself, is not a good thing. NU has been upper-middle conference caliber now for a couple of years. There is, really no reason to expect that this will change drastically either way. They will be, one would think --- at least based upon the recent past --- a 4 loss regular season team. Maybe 3 loss. Maybe 5 loss. Anything less than 3 losses is really, really unlikely. Anything more than 5 is as well.

But as people say... anything can happen and hopefully we will be pleasantly surprised.

Actually the defense took a BIG step bacwards in 2011 from 2010. The 2010 defense was a top 15 defense overall, while last year I think we finished somewhere around 42nd in the nation in overall D.

I would also say that this year we know what each team is going to try and do on both sides of the ball...unlike last year when we had to prepare for all new teams! Its the second year with Coach Beck's system and I dont see a letdown against a Northwestern this year either. A deeper secondary and much more talented group on the perimeter of our offense. It will be very interesting game if we head to Columbus undefeated....

2012 is going to be a tough year.

I can't wait for 2013.

vs. Illinois

at Purdue

BYE

at Minnesota

vs. Northwestern

at Michigan

vs. Michigan State

at Penn State

vs Iowa

No Wisconsin

No Ohio State

At risk of getting ahead of myself...With Martinez as a senior (assuming he continues progressing) and a bunch of capable and talented RBs, NU should be able to sail through much of that schedule. Also, Michigan with no Robinson and who knows what Michigan St. might look like. Could be a favorable schedule. I'm still hopeful for this season, though. I think this team can do some great things.

This season has yet to be played, and I'm excited to see how it goes, but I'm very excited for the progression of this team and where we could be by the end of this year and heading into the next.