2012 schedule W/L

My turn...

Positives

Offense improving in year 2 with a senior TB and 3 year starting qb back to full health...

Defense becoming more balanced and not just relying on a few playmakers...

Coaching staff figuring out the big10 coaches

PSU in shambles

Wisconsin at home with an unproven qb (lightning rarely strikes twice)

Mich st with offensive issues

Negatives

New members of coaching staff need time to gel

OSU has a coach that's not temporary and a qb that will probably stay healthy this time

Sept 1st: Southern Miss at NU (Win) but expect it to be very interesting

Sept 8th: NU at UCLA (Win) nice to catch our first road game in week 2 with a new HC

Sept 15th: Arkansas State at NU (Win)

Sept 22nd: Idaho State at NU (Win)

Sept 29th: Wisky at NU (Win) If it were in camp randall I would feel worse but I think we have a solid shot to stay composed at home and Beck won't panic

Oct 6th: NU at Ohio State (Loss) See above

Oct 20th: NU at Northwestern (Win) I'll be stunned if we drop this one two years in a row

Oct 27th: Michigan at NU (Loss) Until Bo can stop the mobile qb i'll always doubt these big games with said qbs

Nov 3rd: NU at Michigan State (Win) see above

Nov 10th: Penn State at NU (Win) Might as well be a mid level mac team here instead. As long as we don't overlook their poor season...

Nov 17th: Minn at NU (Win)

Nov 23rd: NU at Iowa (Loss) I see us dropping the ball. There's always one and this seems the most likely to me. It may cost us the title game...

Capital one bowl as the #2 big 10 seed thanks to OSU inelible and Wisconsin losing in the title game...

VS hmmm let's see LSU and Bama end up with NT and at large bid so that leaves georgia, SC, Arkansas...let's go Georgia. Their schedule isn't too bad but they could be knocked behind the other two if they make it to the title game and lose.

I guess I don't get all the scariness that comes along with Southern Miss..................did they beat us last time they were here.............yes, but that was last time and I doubt we let that happen again at home to open up the season. I could be wrong, but it sounds like they have alot of issues to work through here early.

I just want to see the win over UCLA. Taking two sons and two grand kids. Almost promised my 11 year old grandson we would win. Took him to the USC game in 2006, so I think he would be the happiest kid around if we win the game.

Ohio St and Mich would be the only ones I think we could lose to. Wis could be tough, if their hired gun at qb, lives up to the hype.

GBR!!!

I guess I don't get all the scariness that comes along with Southern Miss..................did they beat us last time they were here.............yes, but that was last time and I doubt we let that happen again at home to open up the season. I could be wrong, but it sounds like they have alot of issues to work through here early.

Everybody beat Clownahan.

Ball State almost beat Callahan... I'll give Ball State a lot of credit, because that was a pretty scary offense, but still... Our D was terrible.

Ball State almost beat Callahan... I'll give Ball State a lot of credit, because that was a pretty scary offense, but still... Our D was terrible.

Christ................I had that game erased from my mind! Thanks for reminding me...............time to break out the alcohol again. That game was insane and completely unnecessary.

10-2 with losses to Michigan and Wisconsin but win the division.

In that scenario, Michigan would have to lose three conference games for Nebraska to win the division.

Unless they completely fall apart, I don't see three losses on their conference schedule if Nebraska isn't one of them. Their only tough road games are Nebraska and Ohio State. Michigan State is their only tough home game (although I think they're overrated this year).

Nebraska needs to win that game.

10-2 with losses to Michigan and Wisconsin but win the division.

In that scenario, Michigan would have to lose three conference games for Nebraska to win the division.

Unless they completely fall apart, I don't see three losses on their conference schedule if Nebraska isn't one of them. Their only tough road games are Nebraska and Ohio State. Michigan State is their only tough home game (although I think they're overrated this year).

Nebraska needs to win that game.

On Michigan State, I said in another thread that they could be a threat, and they could, but with their Offensive losses and schedule it's going to be difficult.

v. Boise

v. ND

v. Urban Meyer

v. Iowa

@ UM

@ UW

v. NU

I don't envy them. Lots of big tough games. Could be a long year for Sparty. I'm not sold on Maxwell but then again I can be pretty ignorant. Maybe he plays out of his mind. If not they lose at least three and probably four to five games, several in conference play, to me that means UM @ NU decides the division.

It should be an interesting game, UM gets three bye weeks, a home game against MSU then travels to Lincoln with the kind of QB NU can't seem to stop.

That's right Purdue Mr. Carell! When everybody assumes Wisconsin has won the division already it gives a scrappy under the radar team like Purdue the opportunity. Purdue plays Wiscy at home. They win that game the division is up for grabs.

bwahaharoll4vu.gif

You're right, 40k+ fans will really make a difference.

See there are little complexities about the Big Ten, for every power there's a small team that has its number. For Wisconsin it's been Northwestern, Purdue beats OSU. We roll Purdue in 2012. 202-71 combined score last six meetings.

That just means Purdue is due. :smokin

Sept 1st: Southern Miss at NU

L

Sept 8th: NU at UCLA

L

Sept 15th: Arkansas State at NU

L

Sept 22nd: Idaho State at NU

L

Sept 29th: Wisconsin at NU

L

Oct 6th: NU at Ohio State

L

Oct 20th: NU at Northwestern

L

Oct 27th: Michigan at NU

L

Nov 3rd: NU at Michigan State

L

Nov 10th: Penn State at NU

L

Nov 17th: Minnesota at NU

L

Nov 23rd: NU at Iowa

L

Best case scenario.

I like this cat's train of thought. Nebraska absolutely sucks, they have at best NAIA talent.......................................................... sarcasm?

Sept 1st: Southern Miss at NU

L

Sept 8th: NU at UCLA

L

Sept 15th: Arkansas State at NU

L

Sept 22nd: Idaho State at NU

L

Sept 29th: Wisconsin at NU

L

Oct 6th: NU at Ohio State

L

Oct 20th: NU at Northwestern

L

Oct 27th: Michigan at NU

L

Nov 3rd: NU at Michigan State

L

Nov 10th: Penn State at NU

L

Nov 17th: Minnesota at NU

L

Nov 23rd: NU at Iowa

L

Best case scenario.

I like this cat's train of thought. Nebraska absolutely sucks, they have at best NAIA talent.......................................................... sarcasm?

You are correct, sir.

Best scenario will be a 9-4 finish; worst would be 7-6.

My guess:

Sept 1st: Southern Miss at NU (L)

Sept 8th: NU at UCLA (W)

Sept 15th: Arkansas State at NU (W)

Sept 22nd: Idaho State at NU (W)

Sept 29th: Wisconsin at NU (L)

Oct 6th: NU at Ohio State (L)

Oct 20th: NU at Northwestern (W)

Oct 27th: Michigan at NU (L)

Nov 3rd: NU at Michigan State (L)

Nov 10th: Penn State at NU (W)

Nov 17th: Minn at NU (W)