2012 schedule W/L

opened this thread and koolaid drained out the bottom of my laptop. amusing how 7 months of offseason can change perception so drastically. the tone was very different in january/february. T-Mart in California must have been the deciding factor for most of you huh. i guess time heals all wounds, or at least clouds exposed/recurring deficiencies.

Hope springs eternal. Me . . . I'm hoping that the wheels don't fall off during and after October. :lol:

I love how other teams can just reload the best Qbs they have ever had, or reload 1st round lineman, record setting WRs, but when we lose players theres no way we can replace them.

I actually feel pretty good about replacing Crick/Dennard/David this year. David will hurt obviously, but as a unit I think the LBers will be on par w/ where they were last year. Dennard was never really 100%. Crick out early. I think this is the first year in a long time where I feel really good about what we have coming back. I believe we have some addition by subtraction in a couple areas as well. Continuity is the primary thing that gives me hope this season will be better than 8-4. Schedule and recent history contradict that hope however.

Now, with Michigan, they are starting the season 2-2 and I still don't think Robinson makes it through the season.

Who's Robinson's backup? If he goes down, that's a huge, huge hit for them. I believe they are far more dependent on Shoelace than we are on Martinez.

No clue at all who it is.

But, lets face it, he will probably get dinged up this year.

For the record, the only reason I think we lose to Sparty is if we're so beat up by the four previous games that we kill ourselves. Same thing happened to them last year in Lincoln - they were the better team, we were just fresher.

I think it was more of a matter of another immobile QB withering and dying in front of Pelini's defense. They wouldn't have put up many points even if they were coming off a bye week.

Southern Miss - loss

UCLA - loss

Arkansas State - Win

Idaho State - Win

Wisconsin - Win

Ohio State - Loss

Northwestern - Win

Michigan - Win

Michigan State- Loss

Penn State- Win

Minnesota - Win

Iowa - loss

8-5, but we win our bowl game to get those 9 wins

Now, with Michigan, they are starting the season 2-2 and I still don't think Robinson makes it through the season.

Who's Robinson's backup? If he goes down, that's a huge, huge hit for them. I believe they are far more dependent on Shoelace than we are on Martinez.

No clue at all who it is.

But, lets face it, he will probably get dinged up this year.

Gardner - he's actually pretty good. He battled w/ Robinson for the starting nod. I'd feel better about depending on him than I would depending on Carnes

I love how other teams can just reload the best Qbs they have ever had, or reload 1st round lineman, record setting WRs, but when we lose players theres no way we can replace them.

Comes from paying more attention to our team. If you go on a Wisky board or Michigan board they are the same way, they are nervous as well.

Part of that is directed at UW so I'll say that I don't think we're "reloading" our best QB ever per se. Anyone that thinks O'Brien will be Wilson is delusional and anyone that's willing to condem him to an Allan Evridge style implosion this early is probably equally delusional or at the very least grossly unfair.

As far as the Offensive line goes I'm more than confident we can reload, history and our roster prove that fact.

This season will hinge on the Badgers' ability to run the ball, improve the secondary and cope with coaching changes. That exodus may prove to be more damaging than the Toon/Wilson loss.

I don't see Southern Miss posing much of a threat with a new head coach, new offensive coordinator, and replacing a 4 year starter at QB. There's a lot that went into the offensive success they had last year. None of it is still there.

What am I missing? Did Nebraska rehire Bill Callahan in the offseason?

I don't see Southern Miss posing much of a threat with a new head coach, new offensive coordinator, and replacing a 4 year starter at QB. There's a lot that went into the offensive success they had last year. None of it is still there.

You know that team you lost to in January? Southern Miss's new coach built them.

My biggest concern with Southern Miss and UCLA is:

2009 Iowa State

2010 Texas

2011 Northwestern

I don't know if we've done one of these yet, but it's usually a mainstay at somepoint in the offseason. With the offseason rapidly closing and the season upon us soon, how do you see the Huskers fairing this season?

My guess:

Sept 1st: Southern Miss at NU (Win)

Sept 8th: NU at UCLA (Win)

Sept 15th: Arkansas State at NU (Win)

Sept 22nd: Idaho State at NU (Win)

Sept 29th: Wisky at NU (Win) Mainly because of questions at QB and their offensive line

Oct 6th: NU at Ohio State (Loss) No way we beat them at home, Braxton Miller may have a huge game with one year under his belt.

Oct 20th: NU at Northwestern (Win) We won't overlook them again, but it's gonna be close, their QB is good as we've seen.

Oct 27th: Michigan at NU (Loss) I have Michigan winning the Big 10 this year, shoelaces is gonna give us fits again.

Nov 3rd: NU at Michigan State (Win) Questions at QB, lost all of their big time receivers.

Nov 10th: Penn State at NU (Win) They will have no offense, can't score when you have no offense.

Nov 17th: Minn at NU (Win) It's Minnesota for crying out loud!

Nov 23rd: NU at Iowa (Win) I will never say we'll lose to Iowa, but they play aggressive at home most of the time.

So I have us 10-2, but we could go 9-3 with a loss to Iowa that is a real possibility or 8-4 if Wisky has their **** together at QB. I just can't see us losing any of the other ones. No doubt Mich. St. will have a great defense, but way too many question on offense.

I agree with this outlook. This is what we SHOULD be this year. Granted i hope i am wrong, in the fact that we pull out a couple surprise wins and not surprise losses. Wisconsin will be a tough game to watch at first, but as long as the players keep their heads up, we should come out on top against the Badgers, mental mistakes will kill us though and remind us of Texas a couple years ago. Ohio State is gonna be a tough place to play, the Buckeyes will fight hard on their home turf after losing to us last year. Miller will be much better. Northwestern will be a revenge game for us, it may not be pretty, but we should win this game. My only hope for the Michigan game is that we make it closer than it was last year. If there was ever a game that i would want to pull out an upset win, its this one. I give us a 40% chance to win this game if we come out with lead first. Michigan State, should be a win, but a tough win. Penn St. will be a win. Minnesota should be a win, but they did surprise Iowa last year, don't under estimate them or it might a surprise loss. Iowa should be a great game, i am hoping we have an early winter due to the heat and dryness. A snowy Thanksgiving game should make for a great way to end the season at 10 - 2.

Wisconsin and Michigan St will not be that good this year. Michigan St will be better of the 2 because of their D. They dont recruit well enough to be able to reload what they lost. Wisconsin will struggle. Some Michigan fans are worried they lost too much to be as good as last year.

This is all well and good about Wisconsin, but they beat us easily last year. Remember their defense saying how the Husker game was the easiest offense they had prepared for all year? They ran four base sets and shut us down. We will have to be FAR better to beat these guys. They won't drop off much, they'll have five road-graders up front and Ball bursting through the holes they create. Our linebackers will have to be spot on every time and not get suckered by misdirection.

Wiscy will be doing what they've always done in this game. We'll still be developing our methods. There's a lot to be said about the consistency they'll come in with.

Uw also lost 2/3 of their coaching staff. New OC, Ol Coach, WR Coach, LB Coach, etc... Combine that with them losing the best senior class in school history, and the best QB to every play there, and I think they're in for a serious drop.