2012 schedule W/L

I don't see Southern Miss posing much of a threat with a new head coach, new offensive coordinator, and replacing a 4 year starter at QB. There's a lot that went into the offensive success they had last year. None of it is still there.

What am I missing? Did Nebraska rehire Bill Callahan in the offseason?

You know that team you lost to in January? Southern Miss's new coach built them.

And? Unless he brought all of South Carolina's defensive personnel with him, that shouldn't remotely translate to the season opener this year.

I don't see Southern Miss posing much of a threat with a new head coach, new offensive coordinator, and replacing a 4 year starter at QB. There's a lot that went into the offensive success they had last year. None of it is still there.

You know that team you lost to in January? Southern Miss's new coach built them.

I didn't know the HBC went to Southern Miss...

Wisconsin and Michigan St will not be that good this year. Michigan St will be better of the 2 because of their D. They dont recruit well enough to be able to reload what they lost. Wisconsin will struggle. Some Michigan fans are worried they lost too much to be as good as last year.

This is all well and good about Wisconsin, but they beat us easily last year. Remember their defense saying how the Husker game was the easiest offense they had prepared for all year? They ran four base sets and shut us down. We will have to be FAR better to beat these guys. They won't drop off much, they'll have five road-graders up front and Ball bursting through the holes they create. Our linebackers will have to be spot on every time and not get suckered by misdirection.

Wiscy will be doing what they've always done in this game. We'll still be developing our methods. There's a lot to be said about the consistency they'll come in with.

Uw also lost 2/3 of their coaching staff. New OC, Ol Coach, WR Coach, LB Coach, etc... Combine that with them losing the best senior class in school history, and the best QB to every play there, and I think they're in for a serious drop.

Best Senior class in history. Wow. I never realized that.

Oh and similar things were said last year.

Wisconsin and Michigan St will not be that good this year. Michigan St will be better of the 2 because of their D. They dont recruit well enough to be able to reload what they lost. Wisconsin will struggle. Some Michigan fans are worried they lost too much to be as good as last year.

This is all well and good about Wisconsin, but they beat us easily last year. Remember their defense saying how the Husker game was the easiest offense they had prepared for all year? They ran four base sets and shut us down. We will have to be FAR better to beat these guys. They won't drop off much, they'll have five road-graders up front and Ball bursting through the holes they create. Our linebackers will have to be spot on every time and not get suckered by misdirection.

Wiscy will be doing what they've always done in this game. We'll still be developing our methods. There's a lot to be said about the consistency they'll come in with.

Uw also lost 2/3 of their coaching staff. New OC, Ol Coach, WR Coach, LB Coach, etc... Combine that with them losing the best senior class in school history, and the best QB to every play there, and I think they're in for a serious drop.

Last year you didn't lose your whole coaching staff. But obviously, it doesn't matter. You guys should just move to the NFC north.

My biggest concern with Southern Miss and UCLA is:

2009 Iowa State

2010 Texas

2011 Northwestern

You think we'll drop 5 TD passes and/or fumble 8 times and/or look past those teams?

I don't think we'll be looking past either one. They're both perceived as relatively "big" non con games. We might have a weird day where no one can hang on to the football, but that could happen against anyone. I don't see it being any more likely against Southern Miss than any other team.

UCLA worries me more than Southern Miss from a personnel standpoint. But unless Baby Mora suddenly learned how to coach his way out of a wet paper bag, they're certainly beatable.

I didn't know the HBC went to Southern Miss...

Johnson was brought on after the abortion of a season that was 2007. I credit him with much of USC's success since.

Will that means he beats NU? Probably not, but he'll have those kids ready to play.

Last year you didn't lose your whole coaching staff. But obviously, it doesn't matter. You guys should just move to the NFC north.

Similar things were said about player losses, at the time they seemed unreplaceable. Similar things were said about Doreen leaving which I think was a much bigger deal given that manning and engineering our defense is a far greater task than coordinating our Offense which hasn't changed substantially in ~two decades.

The Senior class comment must have been a brain fart...that one is highly arguable and I can only attribute it to NU, and your attention, having rested in the Big Twelve around the turn of the millennium.

2009 Iowa State

2010 Texas

2011 Northwestern

You think we'll drop 5 TD passes and/or fumble 8 times and/or look past those teams?

I don't think we'll be looking past either one. They're both perceived as relatively "big" non con games. We might have a weird day where no one can hang on to the football, but that could happen against anyone. I don't see it being any more likely against Southern Miss than any other team.

UCLA worries me more than Southern Miss from a personnel standpoint. But unless Baby Mora suddenly learned how to coach his way out of a wet paper bag, they're certainly beatable.

It cannot be discounted as a possibility, not with three straight years of such things happening.

We could pummel each of these guys 56-21 and I would not be surprised. We could lose to either or both 21-17 and I wouldn't be surprised.

I wouldn't bet your money on this Husker team. There's simply no telling what they'll do.

2009 Iowa State

2010 Texas

2011 Northwestern

It cannot be discounted as a possibility, not with three straight years of such things happening.

We could pummel each of these guys 56-21 and I would not be surprised. We could lose to either or both 21-17 and I wouldn't be surprised.

I wouldn't bet your money on this Husker team. There's simply no telling what they'll do.

I don't bet. If the house didn't win, there wouldn't be a house.

I love how other teams can just reload the best Qbs they have ever had, or reload 1st round lineman, record setting WRs, but when we lose players theres no way we can replace them.

Comes from paying more attention to our team. If you go on a Wisky board or Michigan board they are the same way, they are nervous as well.

This is one thing I never understand with our fans either. It seems like every team we are going to play doesn't take a step back from losing players but our team will barely go .500 because we lost so-so on offense or defense. I know every fan base looks for the worse in their team but they need to do the same in the other teams that we will play.

If we ever.... ever..... EVER.... lose to Iowa.... I may go insane. If we are Nebraska sitting at 0-11, matching up against an 11-0 Iowa team, if we lost that game, I would still go insane. I don't ever see that situation happening, or I may have gone insane before the Iowa game rolls around, but I was just using it as an example.