2012 schedule W/L

Best scenario will be a 9-4 finish; worst would be 7-6.

My guess:

Sept 1st: Southern Miss at NU (L)

Sept 8th: NU at UCLA (W)

Sept 15th: Arkansas State at NU (W)

Sept 22nd: Idaho State at NU (W)

Sept 29th: Wisconsin at NU (L)

Oct 6th: NU at Ohio State (L)

Oct 20th: NU at Northwestern (W)

Oct 27th: Michigan at NU (L)

Nov 3rd: NU at Michigan State (L)

Nov 10th: Penn State at NU (W)

Nov 17th: Minn at NU (W)

Nov 23rd: NU at Iowa (W)

Bowl Game: (W)

Best scenario 9 - 4?

:rolleyes:

My guess:

I'm Bucky and I support this message.

My guess:

Your best case scenario is 9-4? Worst case 7-6? What?

Obviously best case scenario is 14-0 and a worst case scenario 0-12.

My guess:

That shows 5 loses. Guess you decided to split the difference. :hmmph

I'm ashamed of some ya'll. 9-4 as best case?!?! This Nebraska team has the talent to beat anybody in this conference and almost anybody in the nation. Does that mean they will? Most definitely not. But it definitely gives that possibility as a best case scenario. Sometimes I'm happy I'm a younger Husker fan who missed out on the glory days. It allows me much better perspective then most of you. I will always hope for better, but multiple consecutive 9 win seasons is no reason to complain to the level that many of you do.

I'm ashamed of some ya'll. 9-4 as best case?!?! This Nebraska team has the talent to beat anybody in this conference and almost anybody in the nation. Does that mean they will? Most definitely not. But it definitely gives that possibility as a best case scenario. Sometimes I'm happy I'm a younger Husker fan who missed out on the glory days. It allows me much better perspective then most of you. I will always hope for better, but multiple consecutive 9 win seasons is no reason to complain to the level that many of you do.

We have yet to see this Nebraska team play yet, but the absolute ass stompings that they received last year and losses on defense plus some OL questions can cast some doubts in the minds of fans. I'll be shocked if this team finishes with 10 wins and 3 losses, so I'd say 9-4 is the best scenario I can picture at this point.

These predictions are as useless as the preseason polls though, no one knows anything about anyone yet.

We have yet to see this Nebraska team play yet, but the absolute ass stompings that they received last year and losses on defense plus some OL questions can cast some doubts in the minds of fans. I'll be shocked if this team finishes with 10 wins and 3 losses, so I'd say 9-4 is the best scenario I can picture at this point.

These predictions are as useless as the preseason polls though, no one knows anything about anyone yet.

so thats essentially saying the best case scenario you can imagine, after watching last year, and seeing what we have returning, it at least 4 losses and maybe more? you think out of those 12 games on our schedule, there is not a CHANCE, we could win more than 8 of them?

This is how I see the 2012 campaign.

Early Season Tests (2-0)

W - Southern Miss :: New coach, new team. Should still be a good challenge and could present more problems than usual in the first weekend, but we never lose the opener. Ever.

W - @ UCLA :: Another new coach. Very poor defense last year. Martinez plays with a chip on his shoulder out West and our offense should lead us to a victory like 2 years ago in Seattle.

Non-Conference Gimmes (4-0)

W - Arkansas State :: Blowout

W - Idaho State :: Blowout

Big Games (Leaders) (5-1) (1-1)

W - Wisconsin :: We come out on top in Revenge Game #1. Homecoming, 7pm kickoff, Alternate Jerseys. As a fan I guess I'd like to think my team will rise up for this one. GO BIG RED!

L - @ Ohio State :: After a bruising match with the Badgers, we limp into the Horseshoe and get beat by the Bucks. Miller tore us up last year and he only got better with Urban.

BYE

Mid-Season Test (6-1) (2-1)

W - @ Northwestern :: After a much needed week of rest, our guys are ready for the Wildcats. They will not be taken lightly this year and our offense is too powerful for their run defense.

Big Games (Legends) (7-2) (3-2)

L - Michigan :: Unless Shoelace is unable to play in this one, it's a loss. Michigan is very talented and to think we will go 3-0 against the teams who beat us the previous year is asking a lot.

W - @ Michigan State :: I believe Sparty gives us one of our best games of the season. They'll be hungry for a victory after what we did to them last October. Close, gutsy victory.

Conference Gimmes (9-2) (5-2)

W - Penn State :: I just don't think they have a chance against us. They have had so much happen to that program, I just don't see it happening. Not in Lincoln. Momentum is building.

W - Minnesota :: The biggest gimme on the conference slate. The Gophers shouldn't pose too much of a threat late in the year, but definitely shouldn't be overlooked.

Late-Season Test (10-2) (6-2)

W - @ Iowa :: Bo's had success against pocket passers in his career and I just don't think Iowa is a good enough football team to stop us. The team ends the season riding a 4 game win streak.

so thats essentially saying the best case scenario you can imagine, after watching last year, and seeing what we have returning, it at least 4 losses and maybe more? you think out of those 12 games on our schedule, there is not a CHANCE, we could win more than 8 of them?

My best scenario was 9, but of course there is a chance they could win more than 9. There is a chance they could win all of them. I think highest that fans can realistically hope for though is 4 losses, with the bowl.